gloomyharlow

Lana Del Rey attends 2016 Billboard Power 100 Celebration at Bouchon Beverly Hillsin Beverly Hills, California. 12,02. 2016.

I don't think it will make her come across classy if she really sat down and told the truth on how they handled the promotions of her albums since BTD. She has to be diplomatic about these things. I'm sure she's been at these two events and the Freak premiere out of pressure from the label. They probably told her to get out of the house and promote the album because it didn't sell as great. I'm sure the label will put their foot down this time around and make her change her sound to something that charts on the top 40.

Yeah, true. I suppose it wasn't really the place to start talking about how messy Interscope has been, lol. Although, I think saying that they've done everything perfectly was stupid. Like, I get that she couldn't really say the bad things they done, but saying PERFECT is such a bold statement, particularly for someone who has had so many public problems with their label. Idk, it just irks me that she said perfect. She could have easily said "they've done so many amazing things for me" which wouldn't be lying, because that's more of a truthful statement. Plus, it still makes the label look good so they couldn't get mad at her. I don't know if I'm making sense, it just annoys me that she is willing to say they're perfect when there have been a number of occasions where they've really been the exact opposite. I mean, trying to force Lana to change her entire UV album, and then scrap half of her visual ideas was anything but perfect.

Christ on the fucking cross when will she stop?????? She looks better than she did in AGESSSS not that she didn't looked good before but here she just catapults me out of the stratosphere she's literally glowing argh this is so exciting and hopeful like I really have a feeling she's gonna make these more upbeat songs she's been talking about. She looks happier, better in her skin, more confident and like ten years younger. What an excellent time to stan Lana I'm so fucking happy

ZKcaooE.png

She's not gonna bash her label because it would just result in them giving her smaller and smaller budgets for videos, etc, for the next album.

Now I really do hope she doesn't tour with this album and waits to do so with her next album. I don't really see these songs being too exciting live anyways.

Nothing scares me anymore.

Yeah, true. I suppose it wasn't really the place to start talking about how messy Interscope has been, lol. Although, I think saying that they've done everything perfectly was stupid. Like, I get that she couldn't really say the bad things they done, but saying PERFECT is such a bold statement, particularly for someone who has had so many public problems with their label. Idk, it just irks me that she said perfect. She could have easily said "they've done so many amazing things for me" which wouldn't be lying, because that's more of a truthful statement. Plus, it still makes the label look good so they couldn't get mad at her. I don't know if I'm making sense, it just annoys me that she is willing to say they're perfect when there have been a number of occasions where they've really been the exact opposite. I mean, trying to force Lana to change her entire UV album, and then scrap half of her visual ideas was anything but perfect.

Just being the devil's advocate a bit here:

To say Interscope has been messy about her promotion implies they actually directed her promotion, but when she says "perfect" I think she means "they let her do what she wants", which is something LDR has often said about her label. Whether they actually intervened on the original UV video is conjectural, by which I mean I don't remember any hard evidence for it. The fact that they brought in a third party to give an opinion about UV may have miffed Auerbach a bit, but we all know how that story turned out, and in the end that's what I took it to be, an amusing story. 

"It's nice just to be honored when you're honored" :oprah:

The Queen has spoken :hair:

Haha so what do we make about her speech regarding ... err ... What's their names ... The guys who are being honored, and who are important in Interscope ? It sounds as if their relation is good ? Are those the people we're always complaining about, regarding her management and videos ? 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg