LDRO

Instagram Updates

i'm just shocked at the fact that there are people out there, running fanpages with thousands of followers, who had the audacity to say something that was obviously rude and insensitive enough for lana to declare them fake, in a groupchat they put her in. this is so strange and confusing to me. i don't know how to feel. 

WGe8ynS.gif

the thing with the stan accounts are that we ALL know how bitchy and catty gays and girls can be. I'm honestly surprised she's put up with fans this long. She is one of the only artist that I like that is this close with fans, at the end of the day there is a reason why so many artist keep there fans at a distance.

In all honesty i’m feeling a little bit of pain from all this. To hold someone so dearly close to your own heart and for you to see them be torn down left and right by everyone while they make false claims of her being racist and idiotic and hating her fans, you begin to feel as if you can’t defend the one person whose actually managed to help you in the most intimate moments of your own life. I wish we could all be there for her as fans and reassure her that she’s not alone. I feel as if this stems from loneliness. From being an outcast in the music industry, in her own friend group as she’s not a mother quite yet, from motherhood in general as she may not have a good mother herself. I hope she finds the peace within her heart.

giphy.gif

im sure we'll find out eventually what was said, the members in that group aren't terribly close i don't think

but no one knows what's going on in her life to stir this "outburst" she's having right now. it's one thing to speculate about it on a forum meant for discussion that she'll probably never see, and another thing to insinuate she's not in a good place mentally directly to her face without knowing ANYTHING about her current personal life. if this is actually what happened, i don't blame lana for lashing out like she did.

should lana have been kinder about it? definitely. but she's justified for sticking up for herself when a fan crosses a line.

I'm just glad Lana didn't develop Stockholm syndrome while being held captive in Win's basement. Poor Win, probably burning all his signed memorabilia one by one some place as we speak...

Something feels real calculating about this whole group chat fan situation. Lana is currently in a shitstorm atm so why leak edited DM's that would add fuel to the fire? Why not just privately deal with it?

For clout? If so that's pretty fucking pathetic to kick someone when there already on the floor just for attention.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

one more fucking thing, idk why this has got me so heated anyway but lana's energy is clearly rubbing off on me

what is the demand for an apology, if not a masturbatory abuse of the very idea of forgiveness, making it a pointless pursuit if it were at all in good faith to begin with?

nobody wants her to apologize so they can move on - they want her to apologize so that her apology can be deconstructed and something else that needs addressing can be derived from it

because nothing is ever fucking good enough when you live your whole life according to principles that change with the weather

(like how everyone's a fucking LGBT ally now, because if you aren't, you don't get to go to Pride and throw a party - at least not without having to question the integrity of your character, but that's tantamount to looking at yourself in the mirror, so instead we'll just tolerate the dykes and faggots for what they can give us in return, making us feel good about ourselves)

i was on tumblr for nearly a decade, i've seen this cyclical shit way too many times before

it is so incredibly disingenuous

about as deranged as Lana herself standing her ground when there are this many people desperate to watch her burn, piling the tinder up beneath her feet

I hate to see her do this to herself, that's all

rihKQ8M.gif

Something feels real calculating about this whole group chat fan situation. Lana is currently in a shitstorm atm so why leak edited DM's that would add fuel to the fire? Why not just privately deal with it?

For clout? If so that's pretty fucking pathetic to kick someone when there already on the floor just for attention.

I mean they already do all they can do for clout to begin with. That doesn't seem far fetched. 

one more fucking thing, idk why this has got me so heated anyway but lana's energy is clearly rubbing off on me

what is the demand for an apology, if not a masturbatory abuse of the very idea of forgiveness, making it a pointless pursuit if it were at all in good faith to begin with?

nobody wants her to apologize so they can move on - they want her to apologize so that her apology can be deconstructed and something else that needs addressing can be derived from it

i was on tumblr for nearly a decade, i've seen this cyclical shit way too many times before

it is so incredibly disingenuous

about as deranged as Lana herself standing her ground when there are this many people desperate to watch her burn, piling the tinder up beneath her feet

I hate to see her do this to herself, that's all

it's not that we want an apology. It's that we want her to see that the reasons people were upset were valid, because they were... Even if her post was genuine (which I believe it was), the truth is she namechecked 6 women of color without actually being aware of those specific women's histories of being highly criticized. Their music has been and continues to be criticized.

As someone who has unconditional fan support, she should know that fans are not critics. And thus number 1's do not mean, unconditional acceptance.

Her refusal and doubling down is a slap in the face, because she's refusing to see the merits of these arguments. If she had let it be, she might have avoided needing to apologize but this second post is really really disappointing.

What Lana apologize for in the first. 'Sorry you all misread my post and took it as me dragging my favorite artist and being racist because you dont know how to read or pick up on context clues'. The amount of shit she would get would insane.

The fake screenshots of the messages are THE worst, people are actually believing them. Does anybody know @@weadorelana on instagram? I wanna know the backstory and follow up with the timeline of what happened in that conversation. Partially I believe such a big account wouldn’t lie as they’ve based their entire page on Lana for years but then i’m seeing receipts of how it can be manipulated.

I don't know them well, but I have witnessed that person being rude to other fans in Lana's comments on multiple occasions. I'm not saying they deserved that from Lanz, or that that was the reason, but people should never assume that she doesn't read stuff they post. She clearly does, and there is plenty of evidence.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

super funny of her btw to write a pointless letter in which she’s mad at criticism she got 7 years ago + one mildly critical article, only to spark equally pointless controversy, after which she tried to clarify herself in the most salty, immature way possible. and now to remind people of it again with a letter that my high school english teacher would rip to shreds.

a rube goldberg machine of dumbassery

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

The next thing we need is a video montage with Born To Die playing of her throughout the years and with the final video being a goodbye to her fans and her music career and her going ghost on everything and us never hearing from her again...

giphy.gif

Not for nothing, I've always held to the belief that one of these days Lana will just go into hiding and become super reclusive and never to be seen or heard of again, no official announcement, nothing. She's always given me that vibe.