LDRO

Instagram Updates

I wish she didn't name-drop twigs though, she raised a valid point but I feel like people will just twist her words again

yes, annoying. She should have said "when I dance on a pole it's considered slutty, but when Twigs does it, it's considered art as it rightfully should be" - which I am sure is what she intended. But now she has coincidentally listed another black artist.

So people are definitely going to take this out of context again and people are going to call her racist again. Can't waaaaait.

3lfQEhw.png

I kinda feel like maybe she sounds different because this is not Lana Del Rey this is literally Elizabeth Grant talking to us rn. She hasn't got any mask on she's just talking to us directly from the heart she doesn't want to play

I also feel like she was almost almost going to cry when she said 25000 hate messages

ZKcaooE.png

it's 5 AM for me. debating whether i should go back to sleep knowing that i'll have to catch up on 40 pages or refresh this page every 30 seconds

hit the sack! in short: she doesn't understand the backlash, is an advocate for fragility, really cares for the Navajo community and anyone who doesn't get her posts should "fuck off"  :)

Lana looks like she was a little in tears. You can't really tell because she made the video black and white and blotchy but you can tell she's emotional. It's time for people to leave her alone about this whole race war bullshit that people who can't read properly turned her post into. 

On a superficial note: Her face looks so good without fillers. She looks younger and thinner without those damn things on her face. 

I kinda feel like maybe she sounds different because this is not Lana Del Rey this is literally Elizabeth Grant talking to us rn. She hasn't got any mask on she's just talking to us directly from the heart she doesn't want to play

I also feel like she was almost almost going to cry when she said 25000 hate messages

She was crying. I heard it in her voice, in the beginning of the video too. As well when she talks about the Navajo's. If the video had been clear and in color, it would have been easy to see. She's a smart cookie knowing which filters to use.  :wub:

yes, annoying. She should have said "when I dance on a pole it's considered slutty, but when Twigs does it, it's considered art as it rightfully should be" - which I am sure is what she intended. But now she has coincidentally listed another black artist.

So people are definitely going to take this out of context again and people are going to call her racist again. Can't waaaaait.

People who watch the video should be able to understand the comment about Twigs in the context of what she's saying since she went into more detail this time. Unless they just want something else to complain about.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

People who watch the video should be able to understand the comment about Twigs in the context of what she's saying since she went into more detail this time. Unless they just want something else to complain about.

Bold of you to consider, seeing how some people reacted to the last set of name drops.  :creep:

Tomorrow you'll see this headline - "Lana del Rey brings FKA Twigs into her attack on black female artists".

3lfQEhw.png

it's 5 AM for me. debating whether i should go back to sleep knowing that i'll have to catch up on 40 pages or refresh this page every 30 seconds

Yes it's 6:15 am for me. It's a holiday and I am looking at my phone. I haven't even listened to the whole thing but am still floored. Maybe I can get back to sleep and log in to my computer later. Maybe this is a dream. I hope so. If you're in my dream I'm sorry.

Bold of you to consider, seeing how some people reacted to the last set of name drops.  :creep:

Tomorrow you'll see this headline - "Lana del Rey brings FKA Twigs into her attack on black female artists".

I won't be that surprised. It's just sad that some people refuse to examine the context of what she's saying.

i’m glad she took the time to verbally express herself but at this point the media is still going to make her look like a shit person, again. i’m excited for the new project and what not but i really want this whole fiasco o v e r

i feel bad for her, she's posting these things in the middle of the night and seems kind of scared right now. I thought that video message was nice, however, I wish she realized that it wasn't 250,000 hate comments, but that many of them were constructive criticism written by POC on why the statement came across poorly

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

She’s just super emotional. That’s how i sound after i have a crying sesh. Super nasally and just loopy.

She was speaking from the heart and even though she says she’s strong you can tell this really brought her spirit down.

The video of her walking barefoot at the beach gave me a headache. I can’t even remember what she was saying :um2:

It started off really cute but then I heard her talking to someone and it kind of threw off the vibe lmao. But she has really nice legs, I mean damn.

sorry y'all, this disorganized verbal rant does nothing for me!

i find her "advocacy for fragility" in the feminist movement is so bizarre. doesn't she realise that a submissive woman has always been championed by the patriarchy and oppressive men? clearly her glorification for sexist and old Americana is still deeply ingrained despite the narrative progress with NFR. also - making reparations to one community doesn't mean you can't have racial bias to another. i get the (deserved) backlash is intense, and i'm so sad, but WHY is she not referring back to her publicist before making these follow-up statements?