LDRO

Instagram Updates

"When I get on the pole" correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tropico (2013) the last and only thing she's ever released that showed her pole dancing.

the forum has LONG moved passed this point, but a lot of ppl on here were saying her BTD era was merely a persona and I just wanna remind us of this tweet she sent to NPR:

Here’s a little sidenote on your piece – I don’t even relate to one observation you made about the music. There’s nothing uncooked about me. To write about me is nothing like it is to be with me. Never had a persona. Never needed one. Never will.

so regardless of if it's true or not, she claims she never had a persona. I personally think there's power that comes with reinventing yourself, but apparently that's not what she did. she chronicled her experiences into her work. BTD definitely felt like nostalgic storytelling though, but that's not to say it wasn't all inspired by her life.

she definitely has never been okay with people coming for her art and work bc it's personal to her and I'd like to think it speaks for itself without much speculation. I hate that it's continuing to be hated on after her most critically acclaimed work yet with NFR!

On 5/25/2020 at 10:43 AM, HONEYMOON said:

sorry y'all, this disorganized verbal rant does nothing for me!

i find her "advocacy for fragility" in the feminist movement is so bizarre. doesn't she realise that a submissive woman has always been championed by the patriarchy and oppressive men? clearly her glorification for sexist and old Americana is still deeply ingrained despite the narrative progress with NFR. also - making reparations to one community doesn't mean you can't have racial bias to another. i get the (deserved) backlash is intense, and i'm so sad, but WHY is she not referring back to her publicist before making these follow-up statements?

The submissive woman has not always been championed by the patriarchy, it has been forced by the patriarchy. It's about choice. She wants to choose to be submissive, not have it forced upon her. She’s absolutely right when saying there needs to be a space for fragility in the feminist community. There's been a prominent focus on being a strong, independent woman and clearly she does not see herself in that image. It's forcing her to be something she isn’t. The same way a woman can be pressured and forced into a submissive role. Women need a space to be whoever they want to be and do whatever pleases or displeases them.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, strange weather said:

I'm really confused. I've been around since BtD and I don't recall anyone calling Lana a whore or her having a "slutty" image. Like, when? She has so many things she could actually complain about in terms of how she is perceived but that's not one of them.

when she talked about fucking people in the industry, Fox News slut shamed her. And just because we can't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

As a soft/delicate woman I always felt glad someone like Lana made it big. What she says is so relatable. It always seemed like there is only space for loud or outspoken people. If you aren't like that, you are perceived as weak and, especially as a woman, it is your duty to show that you are "strong" and impose yourself. This reminds me of what Susan Cain said in her TED Talk titled "The power of introverts".

It's funny because yesterday I watched the episode of Little Fires Everywhere where Lexie tries to explain Brian how she's not racist and Lana lowkey sounds like her lmao :rip: a cringe fest

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I don't see THAT many hate comments on insta. More people sending her love than hate. Thank God.

Hopefully some media outlet doesn't misconstrue and has a headline, "Lana Del Rey shares poem from behind the iron gates of an institution".

As a soft/delicate woman I always felt glad someone like Lana made it big. What she says is so relatable. It always seemed like there is only space for loud or outspoken people. If you aren't like that, you are perceived as weak and, especially as a woman, it is your duty to show that you are "strong" and impose yourself. This reminds me of what Susan Cain said in her TED Talk titled "The power of introverts".

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! this is exactly what she meant, i wish people could understand this

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

What Lana is trying to say: I feel ostracized by a multitude of different vocal groups and I just want to feel like I'm accepted for who I am. That my art has a place somewhere. That I can gain the same notoriety and respect of my peers that I admire without feeling as if I'm working against an uphill battle. I feel lost without knowing my place in this industry and I've been struggling for years.

What Lana posts: Fragile women need a platform too. Why do all these women get praised for doing this but I get hated on? Fuck off if you don't understand me. (read with a pissed off NY accent)

There's people that understand what she wants to express and others that don't. I don't fault either. And I do empathise more with Lana after her video because it shows that she's speaking from an emotional place, whereas I previously thought it was due to defensiveness/arrogance. When you're in an emotional state it's difficult to properly formulate yourself in the "right" manner. So I think we (me) should go easier on her. 

Tbh I don't see no problem with this tweet, is not bias imo

True, but I feel like it never needed to be posted in the first place but they did anyway...perhaps to cause more drama but who knows

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven