Sign in to follow this  
Dua Lipa

Your Girl

Wait I just realized the “Lady on the side” lyric cross references Sad Girl “Bonnie on the side”

Side not: weren’t there supposed 2 or 3 different versions of this track?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That’s Say Yes to Heaven (:

Ahh thanks. Did those ever leak in full, unedited?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The line about laying in Versailles made me think of her performing at real, actual Versailles for Kimye's wedding. Maybe she got the idea for the song (initially) after that performance...it would make sense, at a wedding, to be reflecting on how your relationship isn't "official" like that. Just a thought. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

The line about laying in Versailles made me think of her performing at real, actual Versailles for Kimye's wedding. Maybe she got the idea for the song (initially) after that performance...it would make sense, at a wedding, to be reflecting on how your relationship isn't "official" like that. Just a thought. 

I love that theory, but I think she recorded it in 2013 and Kim got married in 2014

Sorry to quote you 1 year late but what is this Orchestral version? never heard it/heard of it.

I can't find a stream of it anywhere online but this version has a 'string quartet' throughout and a big harmonica-esque sounding solo in the middle. 

3lfQEhw.png

I love that theory, but I think she recorded it in 2013 and Kim got married in 2014

I legit did some research after reading your post, LOL! She recorded the song in Dec 2013, about 5 months before she performed in Versailles, but Kanye had a band play "Young and Beautiful" when he proposed in October 2013, so he might've invited Lana shortly thereafter...if she knew she was going to Versailles while writing "Your Girl" she might've thrown in that line last-minute. I just want it to be true, LOL.  :teehee:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

3rd fav unreleased song

her and fine china were kidnapped

leak rick nowels and STINT version

late at night, laying in versailles

bye

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden