Sign in to follow this  
lizzygrantsghost

Do you think this girl inspired the Born to Die aesthetic?

Someone showed me this recently, it’s a singer from 2010 named Florrie (who has since changed up her style; her new music has around 1m – 4m views on YT. Her old music has 300,000 views now which was probably more like 20,000 – 40,000 in 2010, making her a complete unknown back then). 6 years ago she put out her first EP and this was the cover art for it (+ pics of Lana for comparison)

https://i.imgur.com/5qATNbx.jpg

The person who showed me said it reminds him of Lana; I also saw this comment on a few of Florrie’s old uploads. Personally I prefer BTD album cover, and for the most part I think Lana is utterly original, but I guess the pictures maybe do look kind of similar…? :eek: Idk I just thought it was interesting. What do you guys think?

i think the only person that inspired Lana's "Born to Die" era is Marilyn Monroe and her lovers. Especially sing there's so many Marilyn movie references in her songs.

which is why i fell in love with Lana in the first place

Really? care to elaborate? didn't know marilyn monroe has a daddy kink.. I thought BTD songs are autobiographical, I think I read somewhere that they're all inspired by Lana's wild time in her life like when she was still alcoholic, so I don't see how BTD is inspired by MM. :/

4BZPaCg.jpg

Really? care to elaborate? didn't know marilyn monroe has a daddy kink.. I thought BTD songs are autobiographical, I think I read somewhere that they're all inspired by Lana's wild time in her life like when she was still alcoholic, so I don't see how BTD is inspired by MM. :/

I heard Marilyn called her lovers "daddies"

EotAQlJ.jpg

I will when i've had some coffee and can think lol.

She references alot of her movies

"hold me like a python" - from Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

that's one lyric i can think of at the top of my head.

it was also very common in her movies for her to call her lovers "daddy" as well as her characters being obsessed with diamonds (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes) and money (How to Marry a Millionaire).

and we can't forget the Happy Birthday Mr President which was originally done by Marilyn.

Marilyn also played someone "insane" in Niagara and Don't Bother to Knock.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head.

~INSTA1.gif

Lol of course not.. Why is this even a debate? Especially since it's just being based off of a hairstyle and an album cover pose. They're most likely just both inspired by the same aesthetic. Lana has listed her inspirations many times.. Priscilla, Marilyn, old Hollywood in general.. I love Florrie dearly, she's amazing, but Lana probably has no idea who she even is.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS