Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

We haven't even got a relevant IG post yet . . . Ugh. I understand she works a lot behind closed doors but god. . We are thirsting

I think we are thirsting over the fact that we haven't gotten a well- executed album release since BTD. Such a shame. UV had so much potential, looking back no other popgirl release came close to it since release and she just wasted it.

HM felt so random as an afterthought to whatever afterthought it was meant to be, but we want her to put some effort into actually executing an album era. She is, however not interested in that. And we will be left behind disappointed.

At least I hope this album is more dynamic than HM.

@blackest day

how does an album disappear, when one has it in their collection and can listen to it 10 times a day if they choose

If music just died, what does that say about the thousands of artists who had hits who died? or retired, or got a day job when their one hit ended, yet that one hit

is iconic and people listen to that.

They don't promote, they don't tour, yet people listen.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

as for post 464, everyone is entitled to an opinion

my opinion of those words in 464 is 100% bullshit.

thank God Honeymoon wasn't Katy Perry, because we already have Katy Perry and Lana wouldn't in a million years want to be Katy Perry.

(Can Katy say the same in reverse?)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

who cares about promo like .. i think all lana wants to do is release her music so people can hear it and she can have some sort of release or closure or whatever, and the listeners can connect and value her art personally and be inspired etc... i dont care if she just drops an album every once in a while with no promoing, as fans we want her to do well, but i dont think that really matters to her. my thoughts are a mess rn but i think the main idea is that she doesnt need to promo because the right people will see it and listen anyways 

UbsOye5.png

who cares about promo like .. i think all lana wants to do is release her music so people can hear it and she can have some sort of release or closure or whatever, and the listeners can connect and value her art personally and be inspired etc... i dont care if she just drops an album every once in a while with no promoing, as fans we want her to do well, but i dont think that really matters to her. my thoughts are a mess rn but i think the main idea is that she doesnt need to promo because the right people will see it and listen anyways 

I think some of you actually confuse promo with bling. 

Promoting your material is also showcasing your talent, showcasing her songs live on stage. She still plays her old songs most of the time when she performs live. 

There is no purpose in releasing new material if you are not owning it and are proud of singing new songs live, get them played on the radio, put effort into making beatiful videos (not high budget ones, but still beautiful and interesting).

You want your music to be heard. So many artists would kill to be in the position she is in.

I think some of you actually confuse promo with bling. 

Promoting your material is also showcasing your talent, showcasing her songs live on stage. She sill plays her old songs most of the time when she performs live. 

There is no purpose into releasing new material if you are not owning it and are proud of singing new songs live, get them played on the radio, put effort into making beatiful videos (not high budget ones, but still beautiful and interesting).

You want your music to be heard. So many artists would kill to be in the position she is in.

Even though I'm all about the #musicnothebling and I couldn't care less about high-budget eras, this is absolutely true.

Lana found her way to stay happy and healthy mentally: release beautiful records, tour for a few months, and then disappear from the face of the earth. Which is good, but if she believes in herself as an artist then she should at least perform her new songs! That's simply unbelievable.

I'm a depressed motherfucker too but I want - and need - to become an artist. I'm proud of my music even though I don't share it with the world. I would do anything to have her level of fame and respect. Like, Lana... do something instead of saying "I don't want good things to be forgotten." You yourself forget your own lyrics :rip: Make a film or something. Born to Die was monumental. It started with one of the most hyped singles of the decade (Video Games) and ended with a millionaire 30 min short film. Amazing.

@@leaked_version obviously everyone is an individual and theyre not all gonna value the same things, so to me, if i were an artist i would put minimal effort into radio play, i agree about the videos though but it honestly depends on the song (if you want  people to interpret the content themselves or you had a vision you wanted to share etc), singing is a bit wishy washy tho like i have really bad anxiety and i cant even present things in class so the setting i think would have to be intimate

idk this is so messy im sorry my thoughts are really disorganized lmao but i lanas music isnt really something thats made for radio, its more personal and one on one, and i think she wants it to stand for itself because shes already a quite established artist she doesnt need to do all that now because her content will already have a guaranteed audience (us) and if anyone else listens thats cool 

i do wish her and chuck could give us more visual content tho, im sure theres tons of things that have been scrapped that we'd love anyways lmao 

UbsOye5.png

Lmfao I might still have it.. After all the threats he sent me  :rip:

what lmaooo

@blackest day

how does an album disappear, when one has it in their collection and can listen to it 10 times a day if they choose

If music just died, what does that say about the thousands of artists who had hits who died? or retired, or got a day job when their one hit ended, yet that one hit

is iconic and people listen to that.

They don't promote, they don't tour, yet people listen.

youre so philosophical lol. i didnt mean her music/legacy disappears. i meant SHE literally disappears. she'll release the album, be completely gone, promote a new music video on her instagram, disappear again, appear but only to get coffee, disappear again, and then appear going into a studio for the next record due in 15 months.

theres no excitement in that!! yeah i could listen to BTD UV and HM nonstop, but without beautiful videos, lanas effort, and entertainment, the music starts to go bland.

everyone (including myself) is projecting on this thread lmao . its fine tho but why cant we just let lana do what she wants, if she flops cause she doesnt tour thats her fault/decision 

what we want from her isnt her biggest concern when releasing an album or video etc 

UbsOye5.png

Even though I'm all about the #musicnothebling and I couldn't care less about high-budget eras, this is absolutely true.

Lana found her way to stay happy and healthy mentally: release beautiful records, tour for a few months, and then disappear from the face of the earth. Which is good, but if she believes in herself as an artist then she should at least perform her new songs! That's simply unbelievable.

I'm a depressed motherfucker too but I want - and need - to become an artist. I'm proud of my music even though I don't share it with the world. I would do anything to have her level of fame and respect. Like, Lana... do something instead of saying "I don't want good things to be forgotten." You yourself forget your own lyrics :rip: Make a film or something. Born to Die was monumental. It started with one of the most hyped singles of the decade (Video Games) and ended with a millionaire 30 min short film. Amazing.

This is the thing. I mean, she doesn't even rehearse most of her new material with the band. You guys have forgotten how before she started with Salvatore she said that "the guys don't know to  play this one". Like, this is the thing that upsets me. She is the boss. They have to know the material and she needs to rehearse it with them. They need to fucking know it.

And yes, I agree with your statement about "I don't want things to be forgotten". I mean, she doesn't do anything to actually own it. She allows it to be forgotten. She "wants to be witnessed" (like she said in the Beats 1 interview) but is hardly showing up, so to say.

Personally, I do belive that the money and the bling thing is somewhat true. When she doesn't get the immidiate reaction commercially and the backup from her label, she gives up.

And nobody is talking about flopping here though @OnlyGod. 

I mean i could care less if she does the TV talk show circuit. Those performances can be very predictable (for any artist)

Radio performances would be nice, some sort of DVD and better Merch would be nice for the next era.

At some point a rarities collection CD is necessary for high quality music. Even if it's a just a handful of her favorite tracks.

Um can we not with this 15 months shit, she didn't make a blood pact with Satan about that, she could very much change her mind about that timeframe. We cant expect she'"ll release an album every 15 months for the rest of her life lol. She says a lot of shit that never happens.

Um can we not with this 15 months shit, she didn't make a blood pact with Satan about that, she could very much change her mind about that timeframe. We cant expect she'"ll release an album every 15 months for the rest of her life lol. She says a lot of shit that never happens.

this a million times. i honestly never took her seriously when she said that..