Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I guess to me, it seemed like that was notable because she almost never tweets, but she thought this is important enough. She also made that speech on instagram about how getting older has made her want to have faith in her political leaders. She can also write a critique of the way things are now without being whiny. I didn't mean to be argumentative or anything like that because I get what you're saying, but it's hard for me to accept someone saying that she can't pull off something she's never tried. In my experience she has done very little that she hasn't been able to pull off.

That being said, I don't particularly want a political album. I'm honestly tired of hearing about it in general, but I wouldn't mind a departure from her normal lyrical content.

First of all, don't be tired of politics, it determines your future.

Secondly, she only reminded us to follow the event since she didn't allude to a specific party. Therefore, I liked this move. It was neutral, but important (to hear at least).

Even though she doesn't refer explicitly to politics, she subtly insinuates her personal views. An example for this is the poem Howl by Ginsberg which she quotes in Tropico.

In my opinion, Tropico can be seen as a kind of criticism.

First of all, don't be tired of politics, it determines your future.

Secondly, she only reminded us to follow the event since she didn't allude to a specific party. Therefore, I liked this move. It was neutral, but important (to hear at least).

Even though she doesn't refer explicitly to politics, she subtly insinuates her personal views. An example for this is the poem Howl by Ginsberg which she quotes in Tropico.

In my opinion, Tropico can be seen as a kind of criticism.

I definitely think it's important to be informed (I read everything I could about this election, because I wanted to make a good decision) but I'm tired of arguing with people who don't understand or who won't consider other people's viewpoints, if that makes sense?

And with the other stuff, that was basically what I was saying. Someone else commented that she couldn't pull off political commentary and I just wanted to argue that if she thinks it's important to talk about she can say whatever she wants to say. I also think there is the opportunity to make political commentary without saying "this is who I'm voting for" or even alienating one party, like with tropico. 

I definitely think it's important to be informed (I read everything I could about this election, because I wanted to make a good decision) but I'm tired of arguing with people who don't understand or who won't consider other people's viewpoints, if that makes sense?

And with the other stuff, that was basically what I was saying. Someone else commented that she couldn't pull off political commentary and I just wanted to argue that if she thinks it's important to talk about she can say whatever she wants to say. I also think there is the opportunity to make political commentary without saying "this is who I'm voting for" or even alienating one party, like with tropico.

It's barely useful to argue with certain people since they choose to ignore your arguments. So yeah, it makes sense!

Exactly. I mean, she could directly state her opinion, but apparently she prefers to stay rather neutral. Plus, that's what I like about her since she leaves room for people to interpret her stuff in their own way.

Just listened to Because of You..... omg Lana LDR5 that sounds like On Our Way, Because of You, Never Let Me Go....... Dreamland would be a PERFECT title for those songs. Omg Lana go dream pop! (resistance as a bonus US track b/c with Trump's ugly ass we'll need all the good we can get)

Just listened to Because of You..... omg Lana LDR5 that sounds like On Our Way, Because of You, Never Let Me Go....... Dreamland would be a PERFECT title for those songs. Omg Lana go dream pop! (resistance as a bonus US track b/c with Trump's ugly ass we'll need all the good we can get)

Omg this would be perfect!

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

yass - she can revise the following: I DON'T WANT TO GO, TV IN BLACK AND WHITE, and JFK. yasss please god.  :defeated:  :defeated:

I already have all those songs grouped into an unreleased album :)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I'm sure Lana has trump fans stanning for her. 

It's better that she's not so politically involved. Neutral. You don't want to segregate and alienate your fans. 

Artists have the right to express their opinion on any matter, they don't abide to different laws just because they are famous. Even if they don't say anything they still have an opinion, we are just not sure of it. I wouldn't mind if Lana supported Trump, I'd still listen to her music, just value her less as a human being 

EotAQlJ.jpg

I don't even know how some of you think she may be a Trump supporter as if you haven't watched the NA video that came around the start of the election campaign last time around and as if you haven't read Rob's comment and posts about marriage equality where he said that she shares the same opinion.

Not everybody needs to embarass themselves in front of the Trump Tower looking a fool. She is way more clever than that.

I wish I could understand why people want unreleased songs in the album. 

1) Lana already said she doesn't like most of those and that she feels they don't relate to her current aesthetic. Those songs were written when she was younger and had different visions of things, relationships mainly. The lyrics in the majority of her unreleasd songs show that she was a young, innocent and dreaming girl, which is very distant from the strong woman she has become, a woman who instead of relying on her guy to make her feel incredible, stands up, goes through a lot of shit, but is perseverant to make her creations and beliefs come true. Her latest albums, by the way, have been so incredible because we can really see throughout the lyrics this evolution she's been experiencing. UV and HM have very different feelings from the unreleased songs, but most important, they show that Lana has changed and that those songs do not represent her current life now. 

2) We already have those songs! Even though the production could have been more professional on some, the sound is pretty good! Why keep asking for songs that we already have - and that do not represent Lana today - when we can have new melodies with new rich lyrics?

This is just my opinion, though. 

Will she do another Honeymoon hotline that she will drop and forget after 1 week? I cant wait!

That definitely was something different. I hope so! It also gave her fans a chance to listen too her music more easily