Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm so sad after watching The Weeknd's film just now.. he included lana's part of PM in the film and all I could think about was how Lana could've easily been in the video dancing/pointing fingers back and forth w/ abel... D':

Currents is excellent and not a snore, and as for Honeymoon that's your opinion.. but it isn't psychedelic at all like Currents.

lol HM is my favorite album, im just commenting like the other kids who think BTD is a magnum opus

I'm so sad after watching The Weeknd's film just now.. he included lana's part of PM in the film and all I could think about was how Lana could've easily been in the video dancing/pointing fingers back and forth w/ abel... D':

Currents is excellent and not a snore, and as for Honeymoon that's your opinion.. but it isn't psychedelic at all like Currents.

We got that with Born To Die/Paradise... so of course she's capable, but it all boils down to how much she cares for the attention and exposure.. lol. 

If she doesn't care, she should release anything quite frankly. What's the point then?

I'm hoping a December announcement, maybe a single, and a possible late january/February release.

Ultraviolence had a December announcement and was released in June. Honeymoon had a January announcement was released in September. I don't thnk Lana would announce an album and have it come out the following month or two. Plus there's no indication that the album is finished or close to being finished? Sure she has been working on it since probably September 2015 but It seems she's taking it slow this time to make everything perfect.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Based on those DMs with her fan (sorry I don't remember who it was) it sounded like it was done to me, just because she said "it is perfect" rather than "it's coming along perfectly" or "I think it will be perfect." "perfect" kind of indicates that it's exactly how she wants it to be, but then again this is complete speculation. I think there is a chance she could announce and release sooner because her albums tend to get less hype because they're anticipated for so long that they lose their impact when they finally arrive, so it could be a promo tactic. 

Based on those DMs with her fan (sorry I don't remember who it was) it sounded like it was done to me, just because she said "it is perfect" rather than "it's coming along perfectly" or "I think it will be perfect." "perfect" kind of indicates that it's exactly how she wants it to be, but then again this is complete speculation. I think there is a chance she could announce and release sooner because her albums tend to get less hype because they're anticipated for so long that they lose their impact when they finally arrive, so it could be a promo tactic.

I think she was just trying to respond with something simple and what would make the fan happy. "The record is perfect. Love it love it" to me sounds like she's just talking about what she has now, and even then Interscope will have to decide when to release it if it is done. I'm not expecting anything soon

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I think she was just trying to respond with something simple and what would make the fan happy. "The record is perfect. Love it love it" to me sounds like she's just talking about what she has now, and even then Interscope will have to decide when to release it if it is done. I'm not expecting anything soon

I think the timing will all depend on what else is going on in the music world. They don't want a repeat of the honeymoon fiasco where Views came out the same week and put lana at #2. granted, when that will happen I definitely have no idea! You could be right I just would like to believe it's soon because I'm always anxious for new Lana  :brows: