Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I've done some things that I shouldn't have done during my active times here and I apologize for that. People often mistook my carefree approach and banter for being arrogant and asshole-ish, which doesn't cover up the fact that yes I have been actually arrogant and an asshole to many people on multiple occasions. People treated me like I was some sort of god because that's what they do when leaks are provided, that's not something exclusive to me. But it was all in the heat of the moment when I wrongly encouraged that behaviour sometimes. I shouldn't have.

But mistakes have been learnt on my side and I have moved on to take care of things that actually matter in my life after the summer ended. So the question is, why can't you? (I am talking about 2 people especially, but there are more here and there so you listen up as well.)

You should move on with your life. The fact that you are still going on and on about me, the fact that half of your posts are about me, that you are actively trying to turn people against me, plotting secret revenge plans in hopes of exposing me... It's not healthy. It's obsessive. You can do so much more with your life than getting a hard-on from creating and participating in messed up drama shows like this.

@eclipse I want you to know that there are a handful of us that appreciate everything you've told us over the years. All the doubt/hate has been uncalled for. Thank You for that and I hope everything is going well in your personal life x

Edited by valentinoeyes

She wants everything to be ready once things start rolling. She's not the type of artist to pick singles and make videos as she goes along so believe me, she's planning everything right now. Dates are picked, multiple videos have been shot, singles are picked. The video for the lead single is quite high budget (yes it's featuring skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!) and she wants to add more special effects (though it's already amazing in my opinion, I don't want to spoil it at all). So be patient and allow her to do her thing.

You know far more than any other fanbase would know before a new era begins.

queen of twinks and winks

love u eclipse :kiss:

giphy.gif

All those people saying that only snoozy slow songs can be mature remind me so much of these people preaching how the beatles were the greatest thing that happened to music, ever.

Sia is like 10 years older than Lana so i guess she has to be terribly immature for her age

It's not that the older you get the slower you get, it's more that her style is starting to be honed in. Sia is older and all her songs sound the same to me, that's capitalizing on on a style that's getting more mature as she writes, has nothing to do with tempo exactly, although Lana maturing does include a common tempo... if you want Sia listen to Sia, if you want BTD listen to BTD, if you want T swift listen to Tswift, if you don't want slow xanax songs listen elsewhere! And screw the Beatles!

The video for the lead single is quite high budget (yes it's featuring skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!

@Masochism an insider after all?!

i76mrxw.png 

this is an analogy to respond to those who brought the Beatles and Sia into the conversation

(it might take a little basic reading comprehension 101 to see this- and reading the entire thing, not the first paragraph only

and directly refers to Lana the Unique as compared to Sia the Generic that most kiddies think is a 10 year girl who is in the silly videos)

(Kids, they can't write, they are too lazy to work, and they can't seem to read it seems.)

anyhoo-......

(as at least 4 kiddies above put down the Beatles, putting down the Beatles is putting down Lana-)

=====================================================================================================

The Beatles were the greatest thing in 1964 in music

however

Bing Crosby Louis Armstrong Duke Ellington were THE important thing in popular music

Without those 3, there most likely would be no popular music

then go to Piaf and Dietrich

Kiddies today not only do not understand the relevance of the Beatles

they have no idea whatsoever what Bing Crosby did to make him so important to the entire pop music as we know it today

without Bing, no Sinatra, No Elvis, without Elvis, no Beatles or Beach Boys without Beatles, no Elton John without Elton no Pet Shop Boys without Pet Shop Boys no any type of dance music

Beach Boys made the Beatles immortal, and then directly Beatles/Beach Boys led to Elton leads to PSB leads to Lana

and as someone older-

I always hated the waste of time when Elton decided to release a fast song (like Saturday Night's alright), because I want to hear a piano based SLOW song

without a 10 year old girl, who the stupid public thought was Sia, there would be no Sia. I bet ask 100 people and they think Sia (who is not unique to start off with)

is the 10year old girl. Nothing against Sia but  she is not unique

all the artists listed above and Lana are unique.

and give me 5-6-7-8-910 minute songs like Ride (with the monologue)

like most every Harry Chapin song, Richard Harris sung, Jimmy Webb written MacArthur Park, Hey Jude, American Pie, John Miles full version of Music, Bohemian Rhapody, Funeral for a friend and all the historic unique rock and roll classics that had one thing in common- they were long

and suites and concept albums like Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon

btw- I like what Brian Eno is saying, it is quite a novel idea

classics all

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The Beatles were the greatest thing in 1964 in music

however

Bing Crosby Louis Armstrong Duke Ellington were THE important thing in popular music

Without those 3, there most likely would be no popular music

then go to Piaf and Dietrich

Kiddies today not only do not understand the relevance of the Beatles

they have no idea whatsoever what Bing Crosby did to make him so important to the entire pop music as we know it today

without Bing, no Sinatra, No Elvis, without Elvis, no Beatles or Beach Boys without Beatles, no Elton John without Elton no Pet Shop Boys without Pet Shop Boys no any type of dance music

Beach Boys made the Beatles immortal, and then directly Beatles/Beach Boys led to Elton leads to PSB leads to Lana

and as someone older-

I always hated the waste of time when Elton decided to release a fast song (like Saturday Night's alright), because I want to hear a piano based SLOW song

without a 10 year old girl, who the stupid public thought was Sia, there would be no Sia. I bet ask 100 people and they think Sia (who is not unique to start off with)

is the 10year old girl. Nothing against Sia but  she is not unique

all the artists listed above and Lana are unique.

and give me 5-6-7-8-910 minute songs like Ride (with the monologue)

like most every Harry Chapin song, Richard Harris sung, Jimmy Webb written MacArthur Park, Hey Jude, American Pie, John Miles full version of Music, Bohemian Rhapody, Funeral for a friend and all the historic unique rock and roll classics that had one thing in common- they were long

and suites and concept albums like Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon

btw- I like what Brian Eno is saying, it is quite a novel idea

classics all

Isn't this a Lana Del Rey forum :eartha2:

great, if she was THAT proud she could have played a bit more live of that record, don't you think?

She never actually had a chance to do so. Festival tour requires some more or less likeable setlist including biggest hits and things greater crowds of people know and possibly would've enjoyed if they knew nothing of her.

Of course I was devastated when I got to the first rehearsal in Poland, first summer concert, and figured out even her putting Lolita on the setlist wouldnt make me amend of not hearing Swan Song live. I cried like a baby inside.

I hope for a future, proper tour so she can combine Honeymoon and the new record and create a masterpiece - just like the Endless Summer Tour was sonically.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

The problem is not the slowness of the songs. It's sometimes the production, sometimes the editing/mixing and sometimes the lyrics. Rarely the bpm. Even though Terrence Loves You is slow, she managed to make it enjoyable by avoiding a repetitive chorus. Can you imagine if it was like "Terrence loves you, ooh" over and over again? Unbearable. A few edits would have made the song Honeymoon 5/5, it has great potential that I'm so sad it was wasted. If she cut the choruses into one repeat per line (Our honeymoon, say you want me too, dark blue) and if the studio version had some exciting production with guitars like the BBC live performance (I love you Blake), it'd easily be one of her best. Shame.

The whole point of the strings are to add this dramatic atmosphere of the song, to add some suspense.

Guitars would make it an average song imo.

No offence (really), but sometimes it sounds like you think that opinions are facts.

giphy.gif

The video for the lead single is quite high budget (yes it's featuring skating, long haired guitarist and pianist, lots of young adults - cute twinks too!) and she wants to add more special effects (though it's already amazing in my opinion, I don't want to spoil it at all). So be patient and allow her to do her thing.

I'm very excited for the video. The last Lana video I really loved was Shades Of Cool, so I hope this one will be a great one again.

i dont get why she still releases singles after the lead. she aint a single seller and radio doesnt play her anyway

edit: but it's good to know she already planned the era. hoping for other show dates, too

Radio did play her songs in 2011/2012/2013, though. At least in Europe, I'm not sure about the US.

Regarding the music itself - I know that I love everything Lana releases (although it sometimes takes some time for me to get into it), but I hope there'll be a few uptempo songs on the album too.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The problem is not the slowness of the songs. It's sometimes the production, sometimes the editing/mixing and sometimes the lyrics. Rarely the bpm. Even though Terrence Loves You is slow, she managed to make it enjoyable by avoiding a repetitive chorus. Can you imagine if it was like "Terrence loves you, ooh" over and over again? Unbearable. A few edits would have made the song Honeymoon 5/5, it has great potential that I'm so sad it was wasted. If she cut the choruses into one repeat per line (Our honeymoon, say you want me too, dark blue) and if the studio version had some exciting production with guitars like the BBC live performance (I love you Blake), it'd easily be one of her best. Shame.

i wonder why she doesn't hear these things

Radio did play her songs in 2011/2012/2013, though. At least in Europe, I'm not sure about the US.

ss was her biggest radio success in some european countries and it was the last single on btd. i've heard wc (the radio mix) a couple of times.

the radio mixes were a perfect thing for her, they were still very lana (mostly just more boppy versions of her songs) that ensured that she got some attention by casual listeners. 

i76mrxw.png 

No one said that. Also, Ride kinda makes me cringe w the monologues and whatnot :toofunny:

Eclipse mentioned it on the atrl thread.

I don't really like the monologue, but in terms of visual imagery, it is in her top 3

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif