Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

@@Cacciatore-  music to watch boys by

boys= the old term for studio musicians (and touring band members) that olden superstar country singers (and non-country singers) always used in the 40s/50s

(especially Ernest Tubb but "boys in the band" used also as recent as George Strait and LeAnn Womack (who on her grammy winning song "I'm going to hate myself

in the morning" basically was doing a homage to the olden days of music with a studio written piece where she was "girl singer" with the band

-so yes, it does fit right in @@Cacciatore.

--------------

as for a leak today-

on the day of the Golden Globes when all media will be talking about the Golden Globes ??? Could Lana be showing up at the Globes?

or doing something on the show or pre-show?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Everything about this thread makes me sad omfg release something before I self-combust implode and drop dead at the same time... Is there any way to see the livestream she did? 

ZKcaooE.png

Everything about this thread makes me sad omfg release something before I self-combust implode and drop dead at the same time... Is there any way to see the livestream she did? 

No unfortunately :( it was only a few seconds she just waved and smiled supposedly but there are pics.

Wait when she said tomorrow it was night in LA??? So does tomorrow means Sunday or Monday? Ajklskdjs I need to calm down

I need to know this too 

I'm so confused, fucking timezones lol  :crossed:

she was speaking in it still being Saturday (no matter how late the night, it is still the night (even if its 3am PST)

so it means Sunday (today, Golden Globe day and night)

Aren't the Golden Globes the one show she constantly when in town shows up for?

but as its lanaboards, we can have a 40 page argument over Night and Day Day and Night (cueing in the Cole Porter song)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

OMG could we finally get an announcement? I mean, I would love to think so, but it's Lana we're talking about... She'll probably just be like "Hey guys, how are you? Just in case you haven't seen it yet, you should go watch Michelle Obama's speech! Okay, love ya. Bye!"

giphy.gif

I totally just had to think of Combustion Man from Avatar LMAO.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

OMG could we finally get an announcement? I mean, I would love to think so, but it's Lana we're talking about... She'll probably just be like "Hey guys, how are you? Just in case you haven't seen it yet, you should go watch Michelle Obama's speech! Okay, love ya. Bye!"

giphy.gif

I totally just had to think of Combustion Man from Avatar LMAO.

serving "are you watching?!" video tea.

giphy.gif

"just wanted to log in to do this live stream to share one of my favourite poems by t.s elliot! when people ask me about new music I'm like, god, I'm just not that interested. for me I'm just more interested in, you know, T.S Elliot and Walt Whitman, what's going to happen with our literary possibilities - which is why I'm so happy to announce my new project, a collection of my readings of some iconic 20th century poems xoxo"

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

"just wanted to log in to do this live stream to share one of my favourite poems by t.s elliot! when people ask me about new music I'm like, god, I'm just not that interested. for me I'm just more interested in, you know, T.S Elliot and Walt Whitman, what's going to happen with our literary possibilities - which is why I'm so happy to announce my new project, a collection of my readings of some iconic 20th century poems xoxo"

inb4 tropico part 2 (feat. the love song of j alfred prufrock)

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png