Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

@melonia_Trump 4179

"I hear the BYRDS on the Summer Breeze"

Summer Breeze being a radio show, Byrds being the Gram Parsons group that Gram's version of became country-rock.

and of course the legendary Rick Rubin did that song (he who among 100s of other things, recorded the last 7 albums Johnny Cash did including the legendary

iconic "Hurt" song and video for Johnny.

always thought Merle Haggard should have done "Ride" and maybe change one word of it

REMEMBER, IT IS IN THE MIDNIGHT HOURS THAT RIDE TAKES PLACE. NO ONE HEARS birds in the late night hours

imagine a duet between the two (yes I know parsons died of an OD 40 years or so ago)

(note- spell check to the library police- Gram is correct spelling, somehow came out graham accidently, obviously I know the difference)

okay but tbh the birds at midnight thing has bothered me a few times. 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

The production and lyrics of the untouchable 5 are honestly so amazing. I'm super perched.. I mean I've been waiting for a sound like those since 2013 but UV came and really blew me away. That'll always be my #1.

The production and lyrics of the untouchable 5 are honestly so amazing. I'm super perched.. I mean I've been waiting for a sound like those since 2013 but UV came and really blew me away. That'll always be my #1.

they kind of sound like some tracks from paradise dont they? A little like american, gods and monsters, and bel-air 

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Maybe she means birds as in how ~dudes~ call girls "Birds" right? Like "Check out this bird" That's a thing isn't it? Maybe Lana's just a bro?  :yesnod:

Those classic birds yelling on the summer breeze :creepna2:

:runs:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

they kind of sound like some tracks from paradise dont they? A little like american, gods and monsters, and bel-air 

I agree with this. It shows us the transition in Lana's sound. Kind of like how Big Eyes and Wait For Life were the transition sound from UV to HM imo.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

tbh i need another rumor for the next few days to keep me alive and breathing

where are the fake twitter insiders when u need them

Damn, I want them so bad. They are my guilty pleasure.  :rip:  :toofunny:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I agree with this. It shows us the transition in Lana's sound. Kind of like how Big Eyes and Wait For Life were the transition sound from UV to HM imo.

Does that mean stargirl is the transition from HM to LDR5 :creep: ? That would be pretty amazing...(prisoner sounded nothing like HM tho)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I'm just grasping at straws, I know, but a reasonably 'high budget' video with 'special effects' may suggest a surge of confidence from Lana's record label? Also the suggestion of more than one video being prepped. Based on not much more than conjecture, this could signal (possibly) a more commercial, radio-friendly sound?

Honestly, an album that suggests the sound of the 'untouchable 5' is pretty thrilling.

Btw, out of interest, does anyone know why they were dubbed 'untouchable'?