Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

*a song about a p*edophile bus driver*

nah because i never understood how that fuck off scene actually helped drive the plot along

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

7 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm glad you're not proud of liking it :eartha: 

sjjkjsk okay tbf I just needed to focus my hate on something different than track 6's snippet :thumb2: and it worked, WOTB is deserving of all the hate it could get :xgiggle: 

Okay… so I have slept well and relistened to the Spider Web snippet to see if I at least have grown to tolerate it… and the answer is no! :paris::heidi::kum:

How can this “song” still get worse and worse with each listen?? Like it’s so seriously bad it rots my brain!! :wtf:

Those saying it’s not as bad as OJ or WOB are out of their minds! Of course those K-12 are not great whatsoever, everything in K-12 is a lyrical travesty but at least sonically it can be somehow palatable… but this… is on another whole level :cryney:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

What do YOU think it’s about then ? Enlighten me :true:

About adult figures ignoring the kids needs in the school system… he’s peaking through the mirror to see bad behavior but still doesn’t care enough to do something about it, she repeats that theme a lot during the album

For example in Nurses Office, Detention (where she literally says “teachers don’t care about me”) or The Principal 

6 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

About adult figures ignoring the kids needs in the school system… he’s peaking through the mirror to see bad behavior but still doesn’t care enough to do something about it, she repeats that theme a lot during the album

For example in Nurses Office, Detention (where she literally says “teachers don’t care about me”) or The Principal 

The very definition of peeking is intentionally stealing glances though. Like he is actively trying to. It reads extremely weird.

And then- factor in all the complacency in the rest of the song, and it just reads as someone staying silent about it. Even as far as not caring about it. I mean that’s literally said in the hook. Weird ass song. Not welcome in my house! God bless

7 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

Wheels on the Bus is right there. At least Orange Juice has a decent beat, if it had a completely different lyrical content I'd bop to that shit. While WOTB :eek3:

enjoy

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

This is the last thing I will say about K-12….

While Cry Baby exists as this fantastical concept that blended themes of love, trauma, neglect, and much more with whimsical imagery,  outlandish storytelling, and the blatant juxtaposition between them … K-12 is sort of like the fizzle out of that style. It’s a little too on-the-nose throughout its entirety. Cry Baby worked because it was this character that had no definite age, no links to a realistic world. It was an actual concept. K-12 felt like an ad campaign. The writing is lazy, of course we all know by now. And my biggest problem with the record is that no longer is this character in a realm of  possibility , they are in a rudimentary spin-off location with a singular (but not even really coordinated ) mission. Which I guess is to “Experience school?? In this place??” Which I mean yeah, sure. World-building. I’m all for it. But the “world” that’s built around this record is just extremely reliant on current events and comes off as virtue signaling 75% of the time. Not only that, but even a conceptual artist should know what subject matter is to be off limits. Especially when the title of your record is quite literally k-12. There’s not really an awareness to this record. It’s more like “shock value tale telling” it has nothing to do with Cry Baby 1/2 the time, and the entire project’s personality got lost in the making of a 2 hour , 3 million dollar music video.

flame me, grill me, roast me, idc. I cannot actually enjoy this project the way it was put out into the world. And I have serious concern for those who do. Actually I don’t. Idc. But I just wanted to have my opinion out here

3 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

This is the last thing I will say about K-12….

While Cry Baby exists as this fantastical concept that blended themes of love, trauma, neglect, and much more with whimsical imagery,  outlandish storytelling, and the blatant juxtaposition between them … K-12 is sort of like the fizzle out of that style. It’s a little too on-the-nose throughout its entirety. Cry Baby worked because it was this character that had no definite age, no links to a realistic world. It was an actual concept. K-12 felt like an ad campaign. The writing is lazy, of course we all know by now. And my biggest problem with the record is that no longer is this character in a realm of  possibility , they are in a rudimentary spin-off location with a singular (but not even really coordinated ) mission. Which I guess is to “Experience school?? In this place??” Which I mean yeah, sure. World-building. I’m all for it. But the “world” that’s built around this record is just extremely reliant on current events and comes off as virtue signaling 75% of the time. Not only that, but even a conceptual artist should know what subject matter is to be off limits. Especially when the title of your record is quite literally k-12. There’s not really an awareness to this record. It’s more like “shock value tale telling” it has nothing to do with Cry Baby 1/2 the time, and the entire project’s personality got lost in the making of a 2 hour , 3 million dollar music video.

flame me, grill me, roast me, idc. I cannot actually enjoy this project the way it was put out into the world. And I have serious concern for those who do. Actually I don’t. Idc. But I just wanted to have my opinion out here

U are right… I don’t have a problem with the “school” theme, I think it works well… but the way she executed it makes me think it had wasted potential! Like she tried to push some narratives there that didn’t make any sense… the “money” thing, the “fat ass” thing, all the “drugging students”, all of the on nose references to Donald Trump, …. If she had sticked to the theme and the crybaby style storytelling it could have been great but OMG it’s bad :xgiggle:

1 minute ago, x VB said:

I was in the third row and she hit me with one of those :toofunny: iconic I would say

bmlaviH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

while we're at it, can we talk about how the whole portion of the film on orange juice is extremely surface level and kinda reads like those awereness movies made by lifetime?

melnie discovers that fleur has bulimia. she sings about how bulimia is bad and makes a super shallow remark that ed'd people have heard a million times: "your body is perfect the way it is! i wish u could see yourself the way i see you" and MAGICALLY the girl is cured from her bulimia.

it's lazy and sends the message that eds are simple when in reality it's much more nuanced and complicated

1 hour ago, 132 said:

nah because i never understood how that fuck off scene actually helped drive the plot along

there aren't any scenes in that film helping the plot along, it just moves whenever she feels like talking about a different topic lol

59 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

bmlaviH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

the same kind of person that eats up track 6… I think at this point we can call them zombies :oop2:

also can we talk about how the Spider Web snippets has more likes in her insta than the Void one?? The lack of taste around is astonishing :ohsnap:

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

the same kind of person that eats up track 6… I think at this point we can call them zombies :oop2:

also can we talk about how the Spider Web snippets has more likes in her insta than the Void one?? The lack of taste around is astonishing :ohsnap:

a lot of melanie stans are freshly 12 i can believe it :awkney: