Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Salem said:

If I remember correctly the jacket is actually from the set she wore in the pity party music video during the "clown" scenes. That's the only photo from that day though. 

that's not the same jacket ....
6ea28a306881f16ec20fc4d5ffcd7557.jpg0127ad6cb21ec70ef7604b637da355a3.jpg

I made an album cover for CB era unreleased songs using a fanart and I need honest opinions on it, like on the colors, positioning of the logo, if it fits together or if it just looks badly edited in general, Ive been looking at it for so long that I cant tell anymore

final album cover w CB logo and explicit content sticker: https://dbree.org/v/29e1b2

album cover without any text: https://dbree.org/v/9ee8c9

do yall think it looks better without the text?

and the unedited OG fanart: https://dbree.org/v/60629f

I basically tried to make it look like the look from the CB album cover by changing the color of the hair shirt and makeup to make it feel like it goes together w the CB album as some sort of B Side release or some sort of rerelease

and if anyone feels like they can do better and wants to edit it you can because Id love to see someone improve it lol, and regarding opinions be as harsh as you want and dont sugarcoat because I really need honest opinions lol

1 hour ago, untilsunrise said:

I made an album cover for CB era unreleased songs using a fanart and I need honest opinions on it, like on the colors, positioning of the logo, if it fits together or if it just looks badly edited in general, Ive been looking at it for so long that I cant tell anymore

final album cover w CB logo and explicit content sticker: https://dbree.org/v/29e1b2

album cover without any text: https://dbree.org/v/9ee8c9

do yall think it looks better without the text?

and the unedited OG fanart: https://dbree.org/v/60629f

I basically tried to make it look like the look from the CB album cover by changing the color of the hair shirt and makeup to make it feel like it goes together w the CB album as some sort of B Side release or some sort of rerelease

and if anyone feels like they can do better and wants to edit it you can because Id love to see someone improve it lol, and regarding opinions be as harsh as you want and dont sugarcoat because I really need honest opinions lol

From my inexpert point of view, I really liked the edit, the details are cool and the colours too. Maybe the logo feels a little bold in blue over a dark purple sky, but the textless felt better to me. However, I've never been a fan of the Troye cover, and the reason I don't like it is because of that bias. It has nothing to do with your edit, it's really well done imo (at least, I can't think of a way to improve it, so I take that as a good sign). I just don't like the style based on the Troye Sivan cover, but the rest is 100! Particularly the textless, I like that one better.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

22 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

From my inexpert point of view, I really liked the edit, the details are cool and the colours too.

thank youu :toofunny:

22 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Maybe the logo feels a little bold in blue over a dark purple sky, but the textless felt better to me.

I honestly agree, I even tried making it purple or less vibrant/shift the temp but it still looked... off? I think it just has to do with the font itself (the bold blue color doesnt help either though) like just the texture and shading itself is too bold and doesnt compliment the rest of the image... I cant find any other logo to use either so I think to put a logo on it Id have to make my own custom one because of how specific of a style the album cover has but I cannot do that so I think imma go with textless if I use that album cover

26 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

However, I've never been a fan of the Troye cover, and the reason I don't like it is because of that bias. It has nothing to do with your edit, it's really well done imo (at least, I can't think of a way to improve it, so I take that as a good sign). I just don't like the style based on the Troye Sivan cover, but the rest is 100! Particularly the textless, I like that one better.

I love the BN album cover but I wasnt really ever a fan of the idea of using that crossover-ish fanart as a cover art for unreleased bc it felt... idk, weird? but everytime I browsed for an image to use it showed up so ig it grew on me... plus not like I have any other choices that work for me, I think mainly why it works for me now is bc BN and CB album covers have similar vibes... like artsy edgy tumblr 2014 album cover type of vibes???? idk but they have the same vibe so it helps me with my need to have something that fits with the look of the official release if that makes sense?

10 hours ago, untilsunrise said:

do these ever leak in hq or just in youtube quality?

This one leaked in YouTube, but we've had previous instrumentals (Cry BabyK-12 and After School) in 320 kbps and in WAV, so I think it's just this one for now. Maybe we'll later get a better quality version.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I'm making a custom Rocking Horse 7' vinyl and I was wondering if anybody has a photo of Melanie from 2014-2015 that would fit as a cover for Rocking Horse? Also if anybody has the photo of her hugging a rocking horse that was supposed to be in the MPH mv but in high quality cause I'm only able to find it in awful quality :( 

DapperSkeletalBergerpicard-max-1mb.gif

now the boys want a taste of the strawberry shortcake

17 minutes ago, WHACKWORLD said:

I'm making a custom Rocking Horse 7' vinyl and I was wondering if anybody has a photo of Melanie from 2014-2015 that would fit as a cover for Rocking Horse? Also if anybody has the photo of her hugging a rocking horse that was supposed to be in the MPH mv but in high quality cause I'm only able to find it in awful quality :( 

https://ibb.co/CWQW3VV

thats the best quality i have

3 hours ago, WHACKWORLD said:

I tried making it look better with remini, it can screw stuff up sometimes since its a mobile app and not perfect but:

https://dbree.org/v/63567e

if theres anything specific you can think of that remini messed up I can try to fix it manually too if you want, got nothing else to do tbh so I wouldn't mind trying

4 hours ago, WHACKWORLD said:

Honestly don't make a 7' for one song. You can put two on each side and tbh making a 12 with an album makes more sense for the price.