Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I don't care lol - I think you're ignorant. Anyways catch this ignore. X

5 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I love the ignore feature. So useful! I can make my statement, ignore, and not feel the urge to build flames to the fire!

Hmmm?

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Just now, Gravitate said:

Anyway y’all what song are you looking forward to the most? For me it’s Sirens 2.0 :candy:

The developing snippet sounds so beautiful to me. But also faerie soiree 2.0 because of that vid of Mel dancing to it in her home studio

i just don’t understand how people still let her get away with this; it’s not just petty stan drama like fans make it seem when they pull the “you don’t support real victims” card (fuck you), it’s serious stuff and people should not be looking up to her. the only proof i’ve seen of false allegation, which is what everyone runs with, is that timothy got the dates wrong (normal for people struggling from ptsd), and that timothy has bpd so she made it up (extremely harmful and ableist). melanie themself saying “she never said no” raises so many more red flags, but also confirms that these two were intimate at one point or another, where there should’ve been clear consent. i know this has all been said before, but i really want to crack the minds and moral standing of the concerning amount of people who continue to ride or die for this person. i don’t believe in separating the art from the artist in situations like these, but even if i did, i still wouldn’t think it’s right to continue to provide her with a platform

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i just don’t understand how people still let her get away with this; it’s not just petty stan drama like fans make it seem when they pull the “you don’t support real victims” card (fuck you), it’s serious stuff and people should not be looking up to her. the only proof i’ve seen of false allegation, which is what everyone runs with, is that timothy got the dates wrong (normal for people struggling from ptsd), and that timothy has bpd so she made it up (extremely harmful and ableist). melanie themself saying “she never said no” raises so many more red flags, but also confirms that these two were intimate at one point or another, where there should’ve been clear consent. i know this has all been said before, but i really want to crack the minds and moral standing of the concerning about of people who continue to ride or die for this person. i don’t believe in separating the art from the artist in situations like these, but even if i did, i still wouldn’t think it’s right to continue to provide her with a platform

not only did she fumble her own story, but she made it a POINT to pin her new music under every accusation instead of.... idk... say a victims hotline,, or any form of support?

i love u girl but u haven't thoroughly examined this situation and it shows... 

here <3 i hope this can be of some help to the non-informed :(

5 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

i just don’t understand how people still let her get away with this; it’s not just petty stan drama like fans make it seem when they pull the “you don’t support real victims” card (fuck you), it’s serious stuff and people should not be looking up to her. the only proof i’ve seen of false allegation, which is what everyone runs with, is that timothy got the dates wrong (normal for people struggling from ptsd), and that timothy has bpd so she made it up (extremely harmful and ableist). melanie themself saying “she never said no” raises so many more red flags, but also confirms that these two were intimate at one point or another, where there should’ve been clear consent. i know this has all been said before, but i really want to crack the minds and moral standing of the concerning amount of people who continue to ride or die for this person. i don’t believe in separating the art from the artist in situations like these, but even if i did, i still wouldn’t think it’s right to continue to provide her with a platform

this singular message summed up how much research u did (close to 0)

12 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

It’s funny to me how people always bring the “she never said no” quote as it’s proves anything. The thing is the whole quote was “she never said no to what we decided to do together”, and this is all I’m gonna say about this matter. Don’t get this entitlement about who I choose to support or not like I am not intelligent enough to make my own conclusions and believe Timothis accusations are scetchy as hell. If you are so concerned about the exposure Melanie is getting just leave the forum… it’s that simple

Also don’t think this should be a thing to discuss in a pop music forum honestly, this type topics should be resolved in a court and guess what, they aren’t cause they weren’t even reported so that’s on that. If you are not here for the music I don’t understand the need to bring this up everytime que puts out something, seems opportunistic AF

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

It’s funny to me how people always bring the “she never said no” quote as it’s proves anything. The thing is the whole quote was “she never said no to what we chose to do together”, and this is all I’m gonna say about this matter. Don’t get this entitlement about who I chose to support or not like I am not intelligent enough to believe Timothis accusations are scetchy as hell. If you are so concerned about the exposure Melanie is getting just leave the forum… it’s that simple

Also don’t think this should be a thing to discuss in a pop music forum honestly, this type topics should be resolved in a court and guess what, they aren’t cause they weren’t even reported so that’s on that. If you are not here for the music I don’t understand the need to bring this up everytime que puts out something, seems opportunistic AF

now it’s ok :cuteface:

18 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Anyway y’all what song are you looking forward to the most? For me it’s Sirens 2.0 :candy:

I'm so excited to hear full faerie soiree <3

Just now, missanthrophocene said:

anyways, why is she releasing a single on march 17th thats like 1 month away from now, not getting this promo melanie sweetie :awkney:

I don’t want to believe in this date tbh, she has around 10 more days of promotion using snippets (if there even is more) and then it’s lollapalooza i think :awkney:

19 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

I can’t wait for the ultimate song of the year Tunnel Vision will turn out to be :flutter:

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

It’s funny to me how people always bring the “she never said no” quote as it’s proves anything. The thing is the whole quote was “she never said no to what we decided to do together”, and this is all I’m gonna say about this matter. Don’t get this entitlement about who I chose to support or not like I am not intelligent enough to believe Timothis accusations are scetchy as hell. If you are so concerned about the exposure Melanie is getting just leave the forum… it’s that simple

i just think it’s interesting and says a lot how nobody here can have an adult conversation about it and instead immediately gets defensive and starts spewing out insults at others who are concerned about this! you’re lucky this is the only time i’ve ever mentioned it in this thread because trust me i want to every time i see it on the forums index, and it’s a necessary conversation to have because this is a big thing. also “what we chose to do together” is melanie’s own assumption, idk about anyone else but every time i’ve ever been intimate with people we have both verbally said “yes”. if you think it’s necessary for rape allegations to be settled in court, then i would recommend doing some light reading and looking at the statistics for how many cases are dismissed, how difficult it is to provide evidence apart from they-said they-said, how expensive it is, and also just empathizing that maybe people don’t want to relive a trauma like that

Imagine being a fan of Melanie and Rex Orange County (me) and trying to make informed decisions. :awkney:

We are not always going to get all the answers we want as fans but have to make decisions to support being a fan of the artist or not, based on what we do know. I still enjoy both of their music and choose to believe that they aren’t guilty of what was accused based on information provided. That’s the best we can do. And if someone wants to not be a fan anymore, that’s ok too.

Anyway St. Patrick’s Day single release?? Could be iconic? Maybe some kinds of leprechaun faerie??

Valentines Day for Lana and St Paddy’s for Mel :trisha:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.