Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

she's lifted Grimes's aesthetic for this next album cover.

happy to see at least someone do it since Grimes has retired :xgiggle:

2 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

As much as I love the new look I hope she doesn't use that mask prosthetic every video...

seems like that’s going to be the case…

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

i mean timothy never even tried to bring the case to court........

I mean a victim doesn't have to. Gaga said she doesn't wanna face him again so she's not taking it to court

re-listening to crybaby a lot of the production elements aged well and the lyrics on most songs didn't age as badly as i thought. K-12 literally aged like milk 2 days after it came out and really just felt like a watered down cry baby with terrible lyrics :bebe: Like at least the cry baby concept was fresh and she was able to have some interesting metaphors like on training wheels, soap, and play date. But k-12 lyrics were like a parody of Melanie's Songwriting:pft:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Really, she's a much more talented visual artist than musical artist, and if this album isn't a good amount better than K-12 I doubt there will ever be anything better:eek:

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Really, she's a much more talented visual artist than musical artist, and if this album isn't a good amount better than K-12 I doubt there will ever be anything better:eek:

maybe with CB, but I think K-12 and on she definetly dropped the ball visually! :eek3:

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I think the leaks (mostly demos tbf) already can show us a better side to Melanie. She really reinvented herself with this new visual direction and don't even mention the songs, they're much more creative and inspired than K-12 or After School.

Ngl this perfilates to be my favourite Melanie album, even over Cry Baby.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

maybe with CB, but I think K-12 and on she definetly dropped the ball visually! :eek3:

ya i kind of hate the portals cover:shh2: but i just don't like album covers that look too edited and high-budget. 

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

I think the leaks (mostly demos tbf) already can show us a better side to Melanie. She really reinvented herself with this new visual direction and don't even mention the songs, they're much more creative and inspired than K-12 or After School.

Ngl this perfilates to be my favourite Melanie album, even over Cry Baby.

i listened to the leaks and tbh nothing stands out to me! Nothing sounds bad either tho so when the album comes out i'm still def gonna listen

am i the only one who likes k-12 the album AND movie on here…

ngl the movie was very very weak but i just appreciated the visuals and general vibe

9c2f159f3783d5d514e1aebcfad2d2ff.jpg

you're in the wind, i'm in the water, nobody's son, nobody's daughter... ౨ৎ·゚:*

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ya i kind of hate the portals cover:shh2: but i just don't like album covers that look too edited and high-budget. 

i listened to the leaks and tbh nothing stands out to me! Nothing sounds bad either tho so when the album comes out i'm still def gonna listen

i dont hate the album cover but yes! super high budget and edited album covers give me a slight fan made feel

4 minutes ago, eggciting said:

i dont hate the album cover but yes! super high budget and edited album covers give me a slight fan made feel

I think this pic could've been such a cute cover

3a40e92c558c384163931a01cbdac645.png

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I think this pic could've been such a cute cover

3a40e92c558c384163931a01cbdac645.png

I think like you! It’s less busy and doesn’t break the aesthetic she has been bringing that much… I mean if you put her last covers back to back, the change is too much! Doesn’t feel from the same artist 

Also the original cover seems IA generated and I don’t know how I feel about that 

4 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

IMG_9149.jpg

IJBOL :lmao:

A lot of Twitter stans have also been claiming the album is "leaking soon"— only because I shared 3 photoshoot outtakes, and because of someone else on Twitter posting a (clearly fake) 6-second Garageband instrumental. 

Chug = Dragons Blood :trisha:

4 hours ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

omg i totally forgot about can't shake you! it was such an out of character song 

I just listened to that and it felt like the first time i listened to resistance by Lana:hide:

Now that it’s been a few hours since I successfully and stressfully secured merch, it’s time to talk about queen Mel :nails:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

40 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I just listened to that and it felt like the first time i listened to resistance by Lana:hide:

So for some additional trivia/context on this - Can't Shake You was actually a pitch demo for someone else, recorded in July 2013 while she was working on her scrapped EP from the same year. That's why it sounds so drastically different from Cry Baby (and afterwards) era Melanie

We have a little clip from that songwriting session :)  

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

So past couple days I've been getting into Melanie's unreleased and ughhhh just imagine an album with that lo-fi electro-pop sound like on Night Mime and Cooties:trisha: