Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, jadee said:

im so. fucking. excited!!!!!!!!! i love her pink alien look its unique and honestly cute (and scary but thats melanies thingg)

It’s giving a masked singer costume and you’re rooting for that person solely because of their costume :ma:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

True and yet she hung out and posted pics with Chester Lockhart (Who sexualy assaulted a guy) and Dorian Electra (who didn't care about ABSURDTS rape and put their rapist on the album and invited them to the party) It makes it hard to believe that you are a victim when you hang out with the predators 

Nooo not Dorian :crying5:

7 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

It’s giving a masked singer costume and you’re rooting for that person solely because of their costume :ma:

what do you mean by this :emma: im excited for her music too obviously 😭 been waiting since 2020

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

1 minute ago, jadee said:

what do you mean by this :emma: im excited for her music too obviously 😭 been waiting since 2020

I wasn’t sure how that statement was going to come across lol. I mean the following look

3a40e92c558c384163931a01cbdac645.png

reminds me a lot of a masked singer costume but in the best way. Like one of the few costumes on there that you just see it and you’re like oh my god I’m in love. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

I think it was Shorelines Script Bold

no its not, that font doesnt have any capital letters. plus, i tried using WhatTheFont but got nothing close to it

i think even k-12 haters are gonna enjoy this album

from the leaks and the visuals she's giving us it looks something completely different and new, the "death" of the old, i really like the visuals of this era and the music is already way better than k-12 (i dont hate k-12 but this seems already superior lol)

2 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

I wasn’t sure how that statement was going to come across lol. I mean the following look

3a40e92c558c384163931a01cbdac645.png

reminds me a lot of a masked singer costume but in the best way. Like one of the few costumes on there that you just see it and you’re like oh my god I’m in love. 

ohh ok i see what you mean now 😭😭 i agree tho its so cool and it does remind me of masked singer a lil

0ee59aa49842db2f69a1f29fe8d0f75d.gif

・゚。★。゚・ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 ・゚。★。゚・

The thing with the mask.. usually artists want to be recognizable to their audience to gain fans and catch attention for future proyects! I don’t know, I think she’s stepping on her own toes with this one! Aslo, it’s really ugly, sorry but I can’t get used to it :eek:

Aren’t sirens meant to be beautiful? I would have preferred even if you want to make them look scary something like in Pirates of the Caribbean… 

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

no its not, that font doesnt have any capital letters. plus, i tried using WhatTheFont but got nothing close to it

My bad then 🙁 lemme see if I can refind it

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

10 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i think even k-12 haters are gonna enjoy this album

I think K-12 haters more than any other section of the fandom will enjoy this album :true: I'm not a K-12 hater as a whole but rather a some-K-12-tracks hater nnnn

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

It's giving Madonna's "Forbidden Love" (both released), Ellie Goulding's "Let It Die" (both released) and Lana's "California" (one released AND one unreleased) :deadbanana: 

I keep each track with its correct title, but as usually they have different albums that doesn't mess them up.

In this case, one will be released in the album and the other one I'll have it on the MM3 sessions so problem solved!

mel has two songs called labyrinth and two songs called tunnel vision from these sessions too so

i was listening to the snippet she posted again and could it be that the last one is all tunnel vision? she mentions a tunnel in the lyrics

also some people say that she's done with crybaby when that's not really true, in the first snippet she sings "my body has died but i'm still alive" so like someone else says on here she's still crybaby just in a different form. i think it's a smart way to end the baby theme without killing the storyline

I actually think the reincarnation thing it’s kind of stupid and pointless… why connect two different things that have nothing to do for the sake of a “storyline” no one cares about anymore! Just move on to tell new things, switch the visuals and the sound and ur ready :smokes3:

35 minutes ago, taco truck said:

So past couple days I've been getting into Melanie's unreleased and ughhhh just imagine an album with that lo-fi electro-pop sound like on Night Mime and Cooties:trisha:

listen to Birthing Addicts! 

18 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

The thing with the mask.. usually artists want to be recognizable to their audience to gain fans and catch attention for future proyects! I don’t know, I think she’s stepping on her own toes with this one! Aslo, it’s really ugly, sorry but I can’t get used to it :eek:

Aren’t sirens meant to be beautiful? I would have preferred even if you want to make them look scary something like in Pirates of the Caribbean… 

not really. these are sirens, aka harpies. not sure of when mermaids were introduced as sirens?

3c3016f1e4940b93f22f9c9553e6be7a.jpg

Edited by The Siren

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

I actually think the reincarnation thing it’s kind of stupid and pointless… why connect two different things that have nothing to do for the sake of a “storyline” no cares about anymore! Just move on to tell new things, switch the visuals and the sound and ur ready :smokes3:

Ummm isn't that what she's doing? I think for me as a fan was a cute thing to add the death of Cry Baby as a nod to her previous albums + I think her fans actually care?

Imo it's like the storyline is moving into a different realm (hence the færie stuff) and it def shows with the visuals and the songs. I guess it was her way to explicitly move on from the Cry Baby stuff. idk

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

Ummm isn't that what she's doing? I think for me as a fan was a cute thing to add the death of Cry Baby as a nod to her previous albums + I think her fans actually care?

Imo it's like the storyline is moving into a different realm (hence the færie stuff) and it def shows with the visuals and the songs. I guess it was her way to explicitly move on from the Cry Baby stuff. idk

im more interested in how these songs will be ordered in live performances :oopna2:

19 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

No they're not. That's something contemporary lol - the mythology origins allude to a rather horrifying creature. I'll do a lil research on it soon to expand on this a little bit, it's very fascinating to me :flutter: 

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

listen to Birthing Addicts! 

not really. these are sirens, aka harpies. not sure of when mermaids were introduced as sirens?

3c3016f1e4940b93f22f9c9553e6be7a.jpg

Well… where I come from sirens are more related to mermaids than harpies. I know in Greek mithology they were presented as half bird, but that concept evolved and considering she mentions sailors and drowning in the song, I was expecting something else…

5 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

the death of Cry Baby

But it's not!! The lyrics are literally "i'm back from the dead" Crybaby is cleary being "re-born" as something else... I think she's having trouble letting it go but she really needs to drop the storyline idea entirely. just make an album with an overarching theme not some weird lore that really doesn't make any sense :defeated:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

But it's not!! The lyrics are literally "i'm back from the dead" Crybaby is cleary being "re-born" as something else... I think she's having trouble letting it go but she really needs to drop the storyline idea entirely. just make an album with an overarching theme not some weird lore that really doesn't make any sense :defeated:

the consciousness of Cry Baby moved onto a different body/lifeform. Cry Baby's identity in the previous two albums is now dead. now shes this four-eyed Faerie/Siren thing?