Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

the instrumentals are fine in some songs…

but the lyrics… the more I hear them… I feel my brain rotting… SHE REALLY DID COMMIT TO THE KINDERGARDEN THEME, THE LYRICS FEEL LIKE A TODDLER HAS WRITTEN THEM :heidi:

“I’m scared I will get thrown away like a banana peel” 

I could make a top 5 with her worst lyrics for each song, seriously 

detention's lyrics hurt my soul. 

violets in your eyes

8 minutes ago, babetteateoatmeal said:

detention's lyrics hurt my soul. 

“Stop calling up my phone tryna say that I've been out of line
When all I ever asked was to go to the bathroom” 

it’s bad :usrsney:

also in Lunchbox Friends the “they want a fat ass in their brand new jeans”… she really had a thing-y for the fat ass 

goddamn awful 

and Orange Juice as a whole… the metaphor is so straight up insensitive and out off line I don’t know why hasn’t people clock that before 

I mean Ms Potato Head was also a little camp with a similar subject matter, but the writting at least was good on that one 

:thumb3:

7 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

and Orange Juice as a whole… the metaphor is so straight up insensitive and out off line I don’t know why hasn’t people clock that before 

Wait, how is it insensitive?

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Maybe Lana was lowkey a Nurses Office fan and that’s why she put a sneeze on A&W:creepna:

But yeah this song is unlistenable.

I like the song as a whole… but that bridge… girl that’s too much, as someone who cringes so hard with ASMR I find it extremely triggering :ahhney:

oooh I'm late to the skips mention but here's mine:

Cry Baby - Training Wheels, Mad Hatter.

K-12 - WHEELS ON THE BUS, Class Fight, The Principal, Nurse's Office. I'd skip Orange Juice too but I like the instrumental so I let it slip. (also adding the three outtakes we have is a slight improvement)

After School - Glued

okay but for real if you arrange 13 brilliant CB outtakes you have a skipless album right there, even more than one :wowcry: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I was just messing around and I think these work really nice:

Spoiler

Coloring Book

1. Coloring Book
  2. Arts & Crafts
  3. Cooties
  4. Schizo
  5. 99c Store
  6. Unhappy Meal
  7. Ring Pop using the demo version
  8. Jumprope
  9. Seesaw
  10. I Scream
  11. Ring Pop, Pt. 2 using the final
  12. Strawberry Fields Forever
  13. Zzzz

Dollhouse

1. Dollhouse
  2. Mistakes
  3. Cry Baby
  4. Psycho Lovers
  5. Carousel
  6. You Love I
  7. Dead to Me
  8. Night Mime Version for pitching
  9. A Thousand Words
  10. Bittersweet Tragedy

Rough Love

1. Drowning Intro
  2. Bones Are Blue Cry Baby version
  3. Rough Love Cry Baby version
  4. Run
  5. Trophy Wife
  6. Patient My edit
  7. Band-Aid
  8. Haunted
  9. Night Mime Cry Baby version
  10. Half Hearted
  11. Rocking Horse
  12. Bombs on Monday Morning
  13. Where Do Babies Come From

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

oooh I'm late to the skips mention but here's mine:

Cry Baby - Training Wheels, Mad Hatter.

K-12 - WHEELS ON THE BUS, Class Fight, The Principal, Nurse's Office. I'd skip Orange Juice too but I like the instrumental so I let it slip. (also adding the three outtakes we have is a slight improvement)

After School - Glued

okay but for real if you arrange 13 brilliant CB outtakes you have a skipless album right there, even more than one :wowcry: 

I agree a lot with you, specially in the K-12 part (I also would have included the outtakes) 

the thing that makes K-12s lyrics even worse is to have in consideration that came after Crybaby, wich, say what u want but had genius writting… a disappointment through and through! I wonder if Melania feels proud of that one 

I started stanning Melanie like she could do no wrong, and that’s on me of course but it’s interesting how my relationship with her music has developed! 

At first I loved everything she did and though of her as some kind of mastermind when it comes to writting

the thing is when she dropped Piggyback I noticed a shift in her writting and after K-12 I started to see her as this trainwreck you can’t take your eyes off (the disappointment hit hard)… I tried to convince myself it wasn’t that bad because her making such an awful album wasn’t an option… when she released AS EP I already had lost any interest and the recent leaks… some are good some aren’t but for sure it won’t be as impactful for me as CB era was

Like I don’t take her that serious anymore and I think she can even be funny! Like those lyrics… made me laugh for sure :lmao:and I don’t mean that as an insult at all!! 

Everybody keeps saying stuff like "I don't know why y'all are so desperate for a new album, she just released the EP two years ago". But when you think of how disappointed her fans have been with her music since Cry Baby, it's obvious to see why people feel like it's been 8 years since they've gotten any decent, REAL music from her

1 minute ago, ButterflyBones said:

Everybody keeps saying stuff like "I don't know why y'all are so desperate for a new album, she just released the EP two years ago". But when you think of how disappointed her fans have been with her music since Cry Baby, it's obvious to see why people feel like it's been 8 years since they've gotten any decent, REAL music from her

Which is odd for me cos I've looked over the (terrible) lyrics since piggyback and have always liked something from each project so I didn't see how hated they were :deadbanana:

10 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

You spilled :true:

for me the last thing she dropped from her “golden era” was Gingerbread Man! I might have things I like from her latter eras but it hasn’t been the same at all 

Another thing I’ve noticed listening to K-12 again it’s the unnecessary use of curse words… like every song is explicit! It’s like a teenager when they start to use insults to appear more “adult”… I Dont have anything against explicit tracks at all, I think some in Cry Baby were, but here she clearly over uses it! 

HSS is one of the best from the album yet she has that awful line “and dammit if u fuck me over I will rip ur fucking face apart” 

9 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Despite this reminiscing over how disappointed most fans are post- CB era, I'm still way too fucking excited for Portals

me too!