Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

jokes on all of you i still have my (accidental) purchased four year Atlas VPN subscription still active :hottie:

i get more than 30 different locations available :lanahottie:

2 things:

1. how did you purchase a vpn subscription accidentally
  2. FOR FOUR YEARS
Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

:sadcore4:

that reminds me of rihanna on that building where she looks like a bowling pin

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

18 minutes ago, 132 said:

2 things:

1. how did you purchase a vpn subscription accidentally
  2. FOR FOUR YEARS

that reminds me of rihanna on that building where she looks like a bowling pin

1. i went to use a promo code thinking it was a free trial, but ended up being a 70% off for a four-year subscription. i aint mad tbh i did a lot of illegal torrenting around that time.

2. i have about a year and a half left iirc

I love the song, and I love that she loves it too and wants it to be her most streamed. But I HIGHLY doubt it will, bc Playdate may always be that, and I doubt it will even surpass Pacify Her. I have a feeling everyone IS going to checkout the song/album/movie and she might even get new fans, but people aren't going to be obsessed with it the way we were with Crybaby in 2015-2016. She isn't dominating a single platform like tumblr anymore, where she defined some of the aesthetic too, but I would love to be proven wrong tbh. 

I think Void will be #1 streamed on the album tho. 

2 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I love the song, and I love that she loves it too and wants it to be her most streamed. But I HIGHLY doubt it will, bc Playdate may always be that, and I doubt it will even surpass Pacify Her. I have a feeling everyone IS going to checkout the song/album/movie and she might even get new fans, but people aren't going to be obsessed with it the way we were with Crybaby in 2015-2016. She isn't dominating a single platform like tumblr anymore, where she defined some of the aesthetic too, but I would love to be proven wrong tbh. 

I think Void will be #1 streamed on the album tho. 

Ngl I only discovered her in the last year or so, and I honestly had no clue who she was. I only really discovered her when some TikTok vinyl collectors were showing the CB vinyl and I’m like who tf is this? I then realized I had heard a few songs (Play Date, never liked it, Pity Party, a banger).

A lot of people still don’t know who she is. Though there has been a lot of people checking her out this album cycle that never have before. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Ngl I only discovered her in the last year or so, and I honestly had no clue who she was. I only really discovered her when some TikTok vinyl collectors were showing the CB vinyl and I’m like who tf is this? I then realized I had heard a few songs (Play Date, never liked it, Pity Party, a banger).

A lot of people still don’t know who she is. Though there has been a lot of people checking her out this album cycle that never have before. 

That's actually awesome! I suppose because Melanie isn't "a tik tok artist" I thought the additional fans from that platform would be minor, and assumed everyone hyping her there were already old fans. I'm wrong already :party:

(I also never liked Play date :hdu:)

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

i consider myself one of the semi-OG stans :true:

i started listening to Melanie Martinez and Halsey around the same time in 2015 :true:

i was obsessed with melanie from maybe 2015 - like 2018 she truly impacted my style and music taste so ofc i want her to succeed but i doubt this album will top crybaby (for me and prob the general public)

Just now, The Siren said:

i started listening to Melanie Martinez and Halsey around the same time in 2015 :true:

twin! :party:

Just now, The Siren said:

I've been a fan since dollhouse in late 2014. And halsey since 2015. I loved seeing them rise and take over, especially melanie because she was so unique. Melanie literally went hand-in-hand with all the trends at the time. the short pastel goth trend on tumblr, the bigger interest in makeup starting in 2014, and the dark lyrics commentating society was actually hella grunge. 

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

I've been a fan since dollhouse in late 2014. And halsey since 2015. I loved seeing them rise and take over, especially melanie because she was so unique. Melanie literally went hand-in-hand with all the trends at the time. the short pastel goth trend on tumblr, the bigger interest in makeup starting in 2014, and the dark lyrics commentating society was actually hella grunge. 

being emo in 2015 was truly just a different experience 

1 minute ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

It’s interesting because she literally wasn’t on my radar at all. I think I would have enjoyed her way back then but I truly had never heard of her 

if i try to really think hard about it i may or may not have seen her on The Voice. i think i can recall sitting in the living room when my mom was watching it (at that time in my life, she always tuned in for the shows like America's Got Talent, The Voice, etc)

i havent gone back to watch any of her performances, but i think i can recall a young lady with the black/blonde half hair sitting on a nature-looking setup with small yellow flowers? 

1 minute ago, baked said:

being emo in 2015 was truly just a different experience 

funny you say that cos i started my emo phase in 2014 (which still hasnt ended technically)

i never stopped listening to MCR, Paramore, PATD (up until the weird allegations recently before the new album came out) etc