Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

This gays being homophobic AF

its givin 

THESE GAYS, THEY'RE TRYING TO MURDER ME!!

Lol. Anyway, VOID was a solid 7/10 for me. I like some parts of the live better, but they're both really good and are giving me a lot of hope for this era. Been craving something different from her for a long time now.

Just wish it would've had it's own special cover, and maybe an extra verse or bridge. Then this would've been at least an 8/10.

death and void are both equally bad. i'm not sure what she's going for with this era but it's really not it :um:

!! i'm very much aware artists can grow and change, i was honestly super excited for this album. I just genuinely think that people are eating the new singles up so much solely because it's melanie and not because it's good music. 

tumblr_n82nj4mNTi1t5c9i8o1_500.gif

5 minutes ago, soap said:

death and void are both equally bad. i'm not sure what she's going for with this era but it's really not it :um:

!! i'm very much aware artists can grow and change, i was honestly super excited for this album. I just genuinely think that people are eating the new singles up so much solely because it's melanie and not because it's good music. 

I mean, DEATH has some iffy pieces, I'll give it that. But you really can't say these singles have been objectively bad, or worse than any of her more criticized music(K-12 mainly).

VOID is especially good for what she's been doing for the past 5+ years, and I'm happy to see her branching out and taking steps towards a more personal sound. Criticism is fine, but we have to remember this is for her, not us.

18 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I mean, DEATH has some iffy pieces, I'll give it that. But you really can't say these singles have been objectively bad, or worse than any of her more criticized music(K-12 mainly).

VOID is especially good for what she's been doing for the past 5+ years, and I'm happy to see her branching out and taking steps towards a more personal sound. Criticism is fine, but we have to remember this is for her, not us.

k-12 as a whole is better than portals tho :xgiggle:

I mean… Maybe unpopular opinion but Drama Club, Lunchbox Friends, Show & Tell, Nurses Office and maybe Detention eat up anything in the album for the exception of Tunnel Vision of course! :true:

y’all will kill me! I know the lyrics in K-12 are horrible but at least those instrumentals slap hard! This album doesn’t have upbeat songs except the previously mentioned. Also the concept here is all over the place while in K-12 at least you could tell the vision she had! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the Medieval fantasy fairy aesthetic, but then she throws songs like BOTL or Light Shower that make 0 sense with the concept and throw me off big time. The leaks were a lot more cohesive… she should have sticked with it (even if it leaked the GP wouldn’t care) 

And don’t get me started on the costume thing… but that’s another thing

the only one in Portals I see myself coming back to bop a little is TV… maybe time will tell otherwise but for now… it’s like that :fabcat:

However!!! If I take in consideration the leaks and the album I’ll make with them (including bops like Garden, Dragons Blood, Barely Juice and N&T) it’s far superior to anything since Crybaby…

as for now, the “official” album doesn’t have me hyped :crossed:

2 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

k-12 as a whole is better than portals tho :xgiggle:

The HQ hasn't even come out yet, let's all chill. 

K-12 may have been CoHeSiVe and all, but I hardly liked a single song on the whole album after not even 2 weeks of it being out, and the extreme kidcore stuff was not it for me. It felt like a parody of Cry Baby. Even the movie was visually stunning, but so underbaked. I don't expect PORTALS to be perfect by any means, but I can already see that it's going to be objectively more enjoyable for most listeners than K-12.

k-12 was nice but ultimately mediocre and aged pretty badly :um2: it’s still a thousand times better than this era so far though. i’m just hoping melanie proves me wrong once the new album is out and i fall in love with the entire project. also crybaby will forever be her best work :tea: the production DEVOURS all of her new stuff

tumblr_mxrgupWXRw1sdmzwwo1_500.gif

24 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

everyone is entitled to their own opinion (obviously) but we are the ones streaming, buying and posting about the music she releases... so it's strange to say it's not for us at all. as a fan i'm gonna say it's not her best work but let's hope she proves me wrong when the album actually comes out :-)

tumblr_n82nj4mNTi1t5c9i8o1_500.gif

6 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

The HQ hasn't even come out yet, let's all chill. 

K-12 may have been CoHeSiVe and all, but I hardly liked a single song on the whole album after not even 2 weeks of it being out, and the extreme kidcore stuff was not it for me. It felt like a parody of Cry Baby. Even the movie was visually stunning, but so underbaked. I don't expect PORTALS to be perfect by any means, but I can already see that it's going to be objectively more enjoyable for most listeners than K-12.

melanie played it safe with k-12 and made a decent album imo but with this album we were promised a genre shift but the album ended up sounding lifeless and boring. like half the songs are acoustic and the songs that are upbeat are either a hit or a miss 

Void amazing song. Anyone who disagrees doesn’t support woman’s right and hates fun!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, dyktatuob said:

melanie played it safe with k-12 and made a decent album imo but with this album we were promised a genre shift but the album ended up sounding lifeless and boring. like half the songs are acoustic and the songs that are upbeat are either a hit or a miss 

But are they? :rip:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

But are they? :rip:

they are… Light Shower, Leeches and Womb… 

from those Leeches is probably the most interesting one :true:

from the “rock” songs the only one I would keep is Evil 

the rest of “upbeat” songs (and I say this lightly) are hit or miss 

HITS!: Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist and Nymphology 

the rest are from meh to straight up bad for me (although Death is listenable) 

Womb is cute too but maybe not as great as a closer should be? Idk 

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Void amazing song. Anyone who disagrees doesn’t support woman’s right and hates fun!

I like the other 12 tracks. But this is my spiderweb. 

Honestly after listening to it now a few times the verses are great, I just really hate the chorus. It’s lifeless, underwhelming, and stale.  

Banks   Billie Eilish    Evanescence   Florence + the Machine

Grimes   Halsey   Lady Gaga   Lana Del Rey   Lights   Lorde   MARINA   

Melanie Martinez   Poppy   Purity Ring   Sky Ferreira   

1 minute ago, Anonymcomenter said:

they are… Light Shower, Leeches and Womb… 

from those Leeches is probably the most interesting one :true:

Womb is cute too but maybe not as great as a closer should be? Idk 

i agree. womb is okay but it's a horrible song to end the album with

2 minutes ago, iJoshicus said:

I like the other 12 tracks. But this is my spiderweb. 

Honestly after listening to it now a few times the verses are great, I just really hate the chorus. It’s lifeless, underwhelming, and stale.  

the fact that u called it ur “Spiderweb”! :omfg2::rip: