Jack

Melanie Martinez

7 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i use FL studio so imma need yall to explain to me what you mean with GarageBand instrumental lmao

maybe something poorly produced / little effort put on it? idk :bebe: 

i use FL too :brows: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

VOID is alright, it is my least favorite of the Evil, BOTL, Void trio. I like the cymbals in this final version, could go harder though.

:sadcore4:

The intestines lyric and the metal grater lyric are kinda cringe. 

my least favourite of those is by far BOTL… so fucking bad and cringe 

13 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i use FL studio so imma need yall to explain to me what you mean with GarageBand instrumental lmao

I mean something with the vibe of live instrumentation and not very polished… like it’s recorded on a garage 

that’s not a bad thing though, Olivia Rodrigo broke records with songs like that. It’s more punk/rock to give a feel of underground I guess (they’re not fooling anyone) 

4 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I REALLY liked BOTL at the listening party, give her another chance in HQ :bop:

I mean, is not THAT BAD… but in the context of the album makes no sense to me… thematically and sonically doesn’t fit the concept and that takes me out of the illusion. Also as one of the three rock songs I prefer Evil by far. Also, the lyrics are all over the place for me 

don’t know, I would had enjoyed it as a unreleased, that’s for sure 

1 hour ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The tracking shows it was picked up too :makeup: but it’s coming from CA and I’m in the Midwest :crai:

Oh girl im east coast... Guess im not getting it early

8 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I mean something with the vibe of live instrumentation and not very polished… like it’s recorded on a garage 

that’s not a bad thing though, Olivia Rodrigo broke records with songs like that. It’s more punk/rock to give a feel of underground I guess (they’re not fooling anyone) 

I actually like that Melanie is using more live instrumentation. Yes, I wish the track had a little bit more to it, but I think it's commendable that her & CJ used a live drummer, guitar, and string section for the entire album. The "garageband" feel is VOID maybe lacking in transitions, and other ear candy.

vocal performance is amazing, love all the tones she's playing around with

25 minutes ago, The Siren said:

your loss :trisha:

i think it's more Melanies loss I'm ngl. She's not gonna make money off me streaming crybaby unreleased from my personal library :fabcat:I'm very glad my bf likes it tho BC he doesn't like much from her n this is good progress in his conversion to be a crybaby 

Am I the only one who doesn’t hear anything wrong with her vocals this era? 

her pronunciation has always been a problem for me but that has more to do with how she carries the lyrics than her vocal capacity… other than that it’s all fine, I don’t see difference with K-12 or After School era!

3 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

i like void! i find odd that a 4 minute song doesn't have a bridge, i really miss more bridges in today's music. other than that it's a cute songs and a new sound for melanie which is refreshing to hear

Yeah I wish it had a bridge too 😭. Would have popped off even more.