Jack

Melanie Martinez

Most of the released Portals songs have good lyricism honestly? Death, Void, Tunnel Vision, Leeches, Womb, Powder, Pluto, MOTS, etc.

I think the weakest lyrically are like, Moon Cycle and Nymphology. The latter is kind of a fun (albeit childish) bop, but I still can't stand behind the former… 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

Most of the released Portals songs have good lyricism honestly? Death, Void, Tunnel Vision, Leeches, Womb, Powder, Pluto, MOTS, etc.

I think the weakest lyrically are like, Moon Cycle and Nymphology. The latter is kind of a fun (albeit childish) bop, but I still can't stand behind the former… 

I kinda disagree with this :bebe:

Death, Void (final), Leeches, Womb, Light Shower, Nymphology and BOTL must be one of her worst lyrically. It has this lazy writting method and the flow is mostly off. 

I know it’s a controversial take, but I think Moon Cycle is not as bad lyrically once you ignore the topic of the song. Like the metaphor is there, the flow is nice and it’s catchy. 

Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist, Evil, Moon Cycle and Faerie Soiree have the best lyrics in my opinion. Still can’t beat Void (demo), Garden, Needle & Thread, Fingers Crossed, Dragons Blood, Magnets or Emerald 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

light shower is one of her best written songs in ages sorry. 

u on crack? :wtf:

3 hours ago, OverYourHead said:

don’t tell me to bfr and then list unreleased songs lmao be serious:bye:

so just because a song is unreleased, they cant be her best work?

what the hell are you talking about? :deadbanana:

Just now, grayson stark said:

She has 0 nominations for Grammys...

thats what she gets for scrapping needle & thread and fingers crossed :teehee:

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

On 11/9/2023 at 10:18 AM, sublimedreamersublime said:

I wish Melanie would've made the Test Me music video.

She said it was her favorite video she'd planned so it sucks we never got to see it. Bakery was probably a lot easier/cheaper to make though(+covid restrictions), so I get it. Maybe her ideas can be reused someday if they weren't too specific to the After School theme?

If not, eh. Just add it to the "our losses" pile, lol.