Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

can this chick stop already? 

It’s so cringe I can’t… 

look at her react to fucking fart at some point… her viewers must be loosing braincells hahahahaha

shes right about the price tho 

I completely forgot about her. 💀

7 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

It's not fans, just random people out in the streets. I think Verde is trying to make a point about paparazzi and fans taking photos of famous people without their consent. Like "This bothers you, why doesn't that? we're all people."

But it comes across as hypocritical since he's basically just becoming part of the problem himself :rip: and doing exactly what he's condemning⸺unless he's getting permission and asking them beforehand (which doesn't seem very likely)

The whole thing is certainly... strange. The fact he made a new account specifically for this makes me think he didn't originally want it attached back to him, but he has shared his recent post on both @verde.whatever and @verdeonfilm which may be his way of confirming it's him.

While I understand that he likely is frustrated with the treatment he gets now that he's dating Melanie (I certainly wouldn't like it either), I don't think the solution to that is to photograph random strangers who may not know or consent to being posted online. There's always a chance that this may violate some form of privacy law in one of the countries where the photos are being taken, so it just seems an odd risk to be willing to take? That said, he and Melanie both have this sort of strange way to go about talking about topics where they feel like they need to make you uncomfortable to change your view instead of spreading education or resources, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just his idea of how to go about sharing his feelings on the issue. 

Edit - Reading through some of the comments on his instagram page, I'm seeing claims that people were unaware they were being photographed and that some have even requested the removal of the images, but they are currently still up. The comment was also liked by Verde, so this may be some confirmation from him that he doesn't intend to take anything down.

I've also seen a few claims that the photos taken in Berlin do break German privacy laws, but I can't speak for the exact writing of the law as I've not researched it. 

Am too stupid to figure out pictures or embeds for the time being but she just pretty much confirmed the film isn't coming on her Insta stories. Transcription in the spoiler thingy:

Spoiler

A fan asked "I know you are focusing on MVs because of $, do you still feel the film will happen?"

She replied:

"With k-12 I had the music videos and film together as one thing

But for portals I wrote a separate script for a film and separate music videos, and because it is way too expensive to fund both I am just focusing on music videos to match the amount of visuals I've had for the other two albums

I don't think I'll magically have the funding to make the movie lol"

Melanie should absolutely focus on her life, but few years for music after this era definitely means her career is basically gone. Idc she peaked in 2014-2017 with Cry Baby. Ate with K-12 and PORTALS, and that's probably it. She is such an amazing and talented person that I wish I could hang out with/interview her for hours.

1 hour ago, WildChild said:

Melanie should absolutely focus on her life, but few years for music after this era definitely means her career is basically gone. Idc she peaked in 2014-2017 with Cry Baby. Ate with K-12 and PORTALS, and that's probably it. She is such an amazing and talented person that I wish I could hang out with/interview her for hours.

Melanie can still make the same quality of music like she used to just look at the PORTALS outtakes... she just makes bad decisions that set her back but overall she still has a lot of stuff to give

she did one of those ask me a question things on her IG story and she said she'll have the mask off for the first two albums on the trilogy tour (and will be bringing it to europe)

she'll be touring up until fall/autumn of 2024 and take a break from releasing music "for a while"

and the individual perfumes will be released mid 2024 and will each have a different bottle design (cup, coin, wand, sword)

On 11/21/2023 at 12:26 PM, cool3dworld said:

since no one is gonna share the studio acoustics, can someone use AI on the worktapes or something to create studio versions? The One is one of my favourite Melanie songs i would love to hear that song remade with AI or yeah a studio version but i'm just being realistic ;(

this is actually a great idea im gonna try and do that on my spare time

On 11/22/2023 at 12:15 PM, sublimedreamersublime said:

Over the Summer she said in some interview that the movie was gonna happen but Atlantic won't provide the funding for it. I think it'll still happen but she won't be getting the funding from Atlantic. If she does make the movie it will take a few years. If we don't get the movie then how are we supposed to know the storyline bc right now Portals just sounds like a collection of songs with no clear storyline?

as if k12 wasnt a series of mvs tied by random ass dialogues that add nothing to the "plot"... just assume that each song is an adventure the character is living one after the other. i mean, thats the storyline for cry baby and k12 at thr end of the day. ALSO - if the story isnt clear enough by only listening to the album.. maybe it shouldnt be considered a story? its just a normal album

2 hours ago, champainproblms said:

as if k12 wasnt a series of mvs tied by random ass dialogues that add nothing to the "plot"... just assume that each song is an adventure the character is living one after the other. i mean, thats the storyline for cry baby and k12 at thr end of the day. ALSO - if the story isnt clear enough by only listening to the album.. maybe it shouldnt be considered a story? its just a normal album

I agree. I think for K-12 Melanie should've just given us music videos instead of a movie. I know she released music videos but they were just clips from the movie itself. If she had done that we could've gotten K-12 in 2017. Also I wish After School would've been an album instead of an EP but that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, sublimedreamersublime said:

I agree. I think for K-12 Melanie should've just given us music videos instead of a movie. I know she released music videos but they were just clips from the movie itself. If she had done that we could've gotten K-12 in 2017. Also I wish After School would've been an album instead of an EP but that's just my opinion.

i think k-12 would have been better received this way too. it worked for CB and idk why she had to change the formula.

K-12 could have been a Cry Baby era 2.0 with the 13-track standard with music videos, 16-track deluxe including three bonus tracks (Notebook, Erase Her and i think Gluestick?)

which also could have given avoided the Drama Club demos leaks pre-release i think and After School could have been a full album with Fire Drill (when was FD recorded?) and Copy Cat, etc

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

Omg…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕