Jack

Melanie Martinez

18 hours ago, PCM86 said:

It might not fit sonically but I actually think "Battle of the Larynx" is a very great song. Don't get the hate here.

I also love "Void" (both it and the 2020 song of the same name are beautiful sisters). The real enemy here is "Moon Cycle".

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Moon Cycle Nymphology and Womb honestly they drag the whole album down... by the time you hear Womb, after Field Trip, Death, the billion other songs about this... it just feels like Recess you know? Super safe and boring way to wrap your message up.

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

I also love "Void" (both it and the 2020 song of the same name are beautiful sisters). The real enemy here is "Moon Cycle".

Spill. Moon Cycle and Faerie Soiree bring those parts of the album down imo. Dragon's Blood exist, even Mother of Pearl. The concepts were there and she was serving life.

3 hours ago, Coloringbooks said:

is that the "baby boy u know im on my period, yah" song :thumb3:

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

i love moon cycle idc the lyrics r weird but the production and music itself is so good 

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜 𝐵𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑀𝒾𝓃𝒹
𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

⋆♥⋆

img%5D

I know talking about her artistic decay has been the topic of this thread for years now, but it still amazes me how someone, I though could do no wrong like her, has dropped the ball so hard in terms of quality! 

how’s possible she’s the same person who wrote Dollhouse, Tag, Your It, Miss Potato Head or Bittersweet Tragedy… and now doing songs like Battle of the Larynx, Glued, Brain & Heart or Field Trip… 

the leaks of Portals gave me some hope but she instead chose to release the messiest concept album in ages.

Crybaby was a perfect era cause, even though the outtakes are great, I can’t imagine the album any other way! It’s perfect the way it is and the songs chosen are ideal! They work so well to the narrative and still are cohesive without being boring :crying:

in Portals, on the other hand, I can imagine the album with any tracklist other than the one we were given… that’s how bad she selected the songs. And don’t blame the leaks cause, for example, Miley had Plastic Hearts completely leaked months before it’s release and it’s still her best work. the same goes for many other artists… at the end of the day, leaks only get to hardcore fans, but the general public won’t even notice. That’s how hard you are willing to compromise the quality of your work? For a few twitter gays? :bebe:

she was my favourite artist by far, her concepts and aesthetic were sooo interesting, but she lost it for me… completely. It’s clear Kinetics + One love had a lot to do with it since her best songs are with them :true:

3 hours ago, Anonymcomenter said:

how’s possible she’s the same person who wrote Dollhouse, Tag, Your It, Miss Potato Head or Bittersweet Tragedy… and now doing songs like Battle of the Larynx, Glued, Brain & Heart or Field Trip…

I think the chemical changes in her brain and trauma are to blame :rip:

Tired of only replaying Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist and Powder nonstop since they are the only songs with replay value in this goddamn album 

It’s a shame all my plays go to waste in SoundCloud leaks of Garden, Dragons Blood and Fingers Crossed 

57 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Tired of only replaying Tunnel Vision, The Contortionist and Powder nonstop since they are the only songs with replay value in this goddamn album 

It’s a shame all my plays go to waste in SoundCloud leaks of Garden, Dragons Blood and Fingers Crossed 

if you have a local files player, you can make your own version of Portals like @Glitter Boy did last year :creepna3:

On 3/20/2024 at 11:44 AM, Anonymcomenter said:

:awkney: The title alone might be the worst thing ever, it’s givin Deepthroat 

Love the outro tho 

What's bad on a deepthroat though, hon?

:xgiggle:

3 hours ago, Party Favor said:

i think a lot of you would benefit from not listening to an artist you don't like anymore :oprah3:

Very valid. Or at least just stop talking about and listening to what's displeasing.

Plus I'm tired of every thread update talks about her decline lol

Let's just leave the thread alone for now unless something new is announced.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:36 PM, WildChild said:

For those interested about the early years of her career, we FINALLY got the Gramercy Theatre performance in full! So happy to have another full video of Gold Diggin' Love: 

where is she...... i miss her like crazy 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

16 hours ago, The Siren said:

Very valid. Or at least just stop talking about and listening to what's displeasing.

Plus I'm tired of every thread update talks about her decline lol

Let's just leave the thread alone for now unless something new is announced.

Is a music forum luv

sorry for commenting on her artistry :bebe: