Jack

Melanie Martinez

from this kind of song i expected much more in the video...
just like "pacify her" gave me more than i expected the same way "mrs potato head" is kinda disappointing
idk but i still like it :D

nsaalk.jpg

I'm extremely pleased with the Mrs Potato Head video, I've been waiting since forever and I LOVED it. It's great in terms of story (something most of previous mvs lack of) and both cinematography and art are absolutely on point, no silly crappy effects or anything. Glad she didn't go the obvious route with the potato dolls and all that.

Sometimes I wonder why she felt the need to shoot videos for each and every track when maybe four or five videos of some of the tracks would've been more than enough.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

from this kind of song i expected much more in the video...

just like "pacify her" gave me more than i expected the same way "mrs potato head" is kinda disappointing

idk but i still like it :D

What more did "Pacify Her" give you, if I may ask? I'm just curious :)

I'm extremely pleased with the Mrs Potato Head video, I've been waiting since forever and I LOVED it. It's great in terms of story (something most of previous mvs lack of) and both cinematography and art are absolutely on point, no silly crappy effects or anything. Glad she didn't go the obvious route with the potato dolls and all that.

THIS! I liked the storyline a freaking lot!

Sometimes I wonder why she felt the need to shoot videos for each and every track when maybe four or five videos of some of the tracks would've been more than enough.

Well, I think she just had an idea for each and every track, leaving aside the question of whether they would be good. And maybe strange thing to say, but I kind of like the mere fact that she managed to pursue the decision to shoot a video for every track. I mean, not so many musicians would do that, would they? Dunno, it's just hard to put it into words... Anyway, I don't think the quantity has affected negatively the quality in Melanie's case... (And sure, I like some vids more than others just like everybody else, I guess.)

And the wind I know it’s cold

Well, I think she just had an idea for each and every track, leaving aside the question of whether they would be good. And maybe strange thing to say, but I kind of like the mere fact that she managed to pursue the decision to shoot a video for every track. I mean, not so many musicians would do that, would they? Dunno, it's just hard to put it into words... Anyway, I don't think the quantity has affected negatively the quality in Melanie's case... (And sure, I like some vids more than others just like everybody else, I guess.)

I agree with you, although I think the baby-toys concept has grown quite tiring after the fourth or fifth video. Personally I would say quantity has definitely affected her. I'm still enjoying the Mrs. Potato Head video, no complaints about that one lol

ZmJh1LG.jpg

What more did "Pacify Her" give you, if I may ask? I'm just curious :)

Pacify Her gave me much more than I expected from this song - first of all I always thought that Melanie was singing about the boy who likes her more than his girlfriend - video showed us that she was convincing herslef and trying to convince him because it wasn't true. I think that's kinda important. Also two good lessons - 1) violence doesn't always give you what you want 2) it takes a pair of tits to win a boy over

Meanwhile, "Mrs. Potato Head" was everything the song was about or even... less... I like the video but I expected much more, something really deep and moving, not something everyone expected anyway idk

nsaalk.jpg

I like her a lot. I've been a fan since her first song Dollhouse came out.

At first I was a bit wary of her Cry Baby album, cause I thought all the baby, childish references was some weird fettish that disgusted me, and was encouraging sexuality of young children, BUT then I realised it was really just like a younger persona of who she is and how her life has been. And that all the references are really meaningful and chaotic to young adults.

I realise its NOT a fettish, and she's not even sexualising it. She doesn't pop out her boobs, she isn't making out with other people in her music videos, etc. Her Mrs. Potato Head video proves that she's actually calling out all that sh_t. She's raw, she's actually an amazing self-director, and she is a really nice person irl too.

Some people were calling her rude to her fans because of one incident when fans were yelling obscene things at her on stage while she was trying to explain the song Mrs. Potato Head, and that upset her and she was like "I'm talking!". But when you know how meaningful that song was to her, and that people were yelling out rude things among the many "I LOVE YOUUU!"'s (such as "sit on my face!") then you'll understand she is not mean or rude at all. And really grateful for her fans <3

Guys, help!

Can someone list to me the Melanie unreleased tracks which are studio versions? I know "Bombs on Monday" and "You Love I," but I'd like to know if there are more. I have downloaded everything I could find but I haven't listened to all the songs. I don't mind if the song is acoustic or something, as long as it's studio or at least professionally recorded.

Guys, help!

Can someone list to me the Melanie unreleased tracks which are studio versions? I know "Bombs on Monday" and "You Love I," but I'd like to know if there are more. I have downloaded everything I could find but I haven't listened to all the songs. I don't mind if the song is acoustic or something, as long as it's studio or at least professionally recorded.

Here's what I have:

Birthing Addicts

Bombs on Monday

Bones are Blue

Can't Shake You

Curly Cue

Dear Porcupine

I Think I'm Crazy

A Million Men

Night Mime

The One

Race

Rough Love

Wicked Words

You Love I

I think I have everything? but who knows lel

9ISvyf0.gif

Here's what I have:

Birthing Addicts

Bombs on Monday

Bones are Blue

Can't Shake You

Curly Cue

Dear Porcupine

I Think I'm Crazy

A Million Men

Night Mime

The One

Race

Rough Love

Wicked Words

You Love I

I think I have everything? but who knows lel

Thank you! I'll listen to these ones and organize them.