band aid

I scream (both versions)

And all of her covers

https://melanie-martinez.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Covers

She didn't cover some of them in full

I only want the full ones

None of these songs leaked in studio version, let alone HQ

honestly the tour is kinda disappointing

she sings live: Nurse's Office, Strawberry Shortcake, Orange Juice, Teacher's Pet, Recess, Alphabet Boy, Fire Drill (7)

and she lips (pre-recorded vocals though) the following: Wheels On the Bus, The Principal, Show & Tell, Drama Club, Lunchbox Friends, Detention, High School Sweethearts (partly) (7)

I don't know about Mad Hatter, Class Fight and Sippy Cup but they're probably live too.

It sucks that half of the show is lipped, the routines aren't even that hard (eg: S&T). And she picked Alphabet Boy and Sippy Cup out of all Cry Baby songs? they're my least favorite tbh. And they're just tacked at the end with no correlation to the rest of the show... would've been cool if idk she had performed Pacify Her right before or after Class Fight, Mrs. Potato Head before HSS. Idk, maybe Part II will be better when she reads people's reactions. 

At least the performances are cool, specially Orange Juice, Show & Tell and Drama Club from what I've seen. 

oh and I hope we get the studio versions of the ones she doesn't sing live cause I like some of those vocals better than the actual studio version (specially Drama Club)

honestly the tour is kinda disappointing

she sings live: Nurse's Office, Strawberry Shortcake, Orange Juice, Teacher's Pet, Recess, Alphabet Boy, Fire Drill (7)

and she lips (pre-recorded vocals though) the following: Wheels On the Bus, The Principal, Show & Tell, Drama Club, Lunchbox Friends, Detention, High School Sweethearts (partly) (7)

I don't know about Mad Hatter, Class Fight and Sippy Cup but they're probably live too.

It sucks that half of the show is lipped, the routines aren't even that hard (eg: S&T). And she picked Alphabet Boy and Sippy Cup out of all Cry Baby songs? they're my least favorite tbh. And they're just tacked at the end with no correlation to the rest of the show... would've been cool if idk she had performed Pacify Her right before or after Class Fight, Mrs. Potato Head before HSS. Idk, maybe Part II will be better when she reads people's reactions. 

At least the performances are cool, specially Orange Juice, Show & Tell and Drama Club from what I've seen. 

oh and I hope we get the studio versions of the ones she doesn't sing live cause I like some of those vocals better than the actual studio version (specially Drama Club)

Wait are you serious? She is lip syncing? I'm sorry if that should have been obvious to me but I was clueless .

So here, https://youtu.be/qiAhHx6gnvw now I can tell, there's no way she'd be that smooth while dancing, especially the last few seconds before it cuts off but it's not something I'd be absolutely certain of if you didn't mention it. 

Same here

https://youtu.be/zTLiiWOcT0I

Is this something we should happy with or mad about? Like idk, pre-recorded vocals is not something I've really heard about before

Wait are you serious? She is lip syncing? I'm sorry if that should have been obvious to me but I was clueless .

So here, now I can tell, there's no way she'd be that smooth while dancing, especially the last few seconds before it cuts off but it's not something I'd be absolutely certain of if you didn't mention it. 

Same here

Is this something we should happy with or mad about? Like idk, pre-recorded vocals is not something I've really heard about before

pre-recorded vocals basically means that the artist goes into the studio before the tour to record an alternate vocal take for the song and then play it on the show so that it seems like she's singing live because they're different from the album version and supposedly less polished. many pop artists do it, specially Beyoncé who tricks people into thinking she's singing 100% live all of her show but it's a lie.

imo it's only reasonable as I said if she's doing an exhausting dance routine, but she's not Normani or anything. I understand Detention and The Principal are lipped, but the rest? specially Show & Tell and Wheels On the Bus... the choreography is so simple.

whether it's a good or bad thing... that's up to you. I hate to say this but Mel's voice lately is sounding... rather rough, so the pre-recorded vocals sound better for me (funny thing is that they're supposed to sound more raw but on the K-12 tour some of them are way more autotuned that the album version perhaps because her voice is more damaged... eg: Drama Club, High School Sweethearts). I know singing is her passion but touring for 3 years straight + smoking everyday really fucked up her voice. she sounded so good from 2014 to mid-2015...

also the lip-sync is not supposed to be obvious but some transitions.... like in HSS where she sings the first half live and the second part is lipped, her voice sounds so different lmao

the setlist should be 

1. Wheels on the Bus
2. Class Fight
3. The Principal
4. Show and Tell
5. Dollhouse
6. Nurses Office
7. Drama Club
8. Strawberry Shortcake
9. Mrs Potato Head
10. Lunchbox Friends
11. Orange Juice
12. Detention
13. Teachers Pet
14. Carousel
15. High School Sweethearts
16. Recess
17. Fire Drill 

pre-recorded vocals basically means that the artist goes into the studio before the tour to record an alternate vocal take for the song and then play it on the show so that it seems like she's singing live because they're different from the album version and supposedly less polished. many pop artists do it, specially Beyoncé who tricks people into thinking she's singing 100% live all of her show but it's a lie.

imo it's only reasonable as I said if she's doing an exhausting dance routine, but she's not Normani or anything. I understand Detention and The Principal are lipped, but the rest? specially Show & Tell and Wheels On the Bus... the choreography is so simple.

whether it's a good or bad thing... that's up to you. I hate to say this but Mel's voice lately is sounding... rather rough, so the pre-recorded vocals sound better for me (funny thing is that they're supposed to sound more raw but on the K-12 tour some of them are way more autotuned that the album version perhaps because her voice is more damaged... eg: Drama Club, High School Sweethearts). I know singing is her passion but touring for 3 years straight + smoking everyday really fucked up her voice. she sounded so good from 2014 to mid-2015...

also the lip-sync is not supposed to be obvious but some transitions.... like in HSS where she sings the first half live and the second part is lipped, her voice sounds so different lmao

Thanks! I'd only heard of lip syncing where they fail and everyone realises like with Selena gomez and Ashley Simpson lol, when those versions didn't even sound pre recorded to me and were totally just the studio version. 

That's really strange to me. Melanie must have always known K12 was gonna be more about performance. Idrk what to think hhaa

Thanks! I'd only heard of lip syncing where they fail and everyone realises like with Selena gomez and Ashley Simpson lol, when those versions didn't even sound pre recorded to me and were totally just the studio version. 

That's really strange to me. Melanie must have always known K12 was gonna be more about performance. Idrk what to think hhaa

Yep! It's like 99% of k-pop stars/groups. It's hard to dance as hard as they do and sing well at the same time. I dunno, I prefer live but I get it sometimes. I'd go see a favourite regardless  ;)

apparently HQ file of I Scream is being passed around on discord chats

this would be somewhat funny if Melanie didn't confirm in an interview that Crybaby's not gonna grow up and go to college

sorry i dont stan so i wouldnt know