Jack

Melanie Martinez

Apparently in a new interview she said she's still releasing Fire Drill soon along with After School which has 7 songs now. She's also working on a lyric and music video for Play Date as well.

omg now we can pretend alphabet boy never existed

New info from Melanie on a new interview:

- Play Date lyric video is coming before the music video

- After School EP is 7 songs long

- Fire Drill is coming soon

- She plays songs in piano before producing them

- She's looking for new producers

https://twitter.com/martinezmcharts/status/1265070922379268096

Also in another newer interview before this one she said she's looking into self production, I didn't see it posted about on here though.

ugh i'm craving the after school ep and milking play date is so stupid but get those coins i guess

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

I still can't believe I've waited over 5 years to end up being completely bored of her as an artist   :toofloppy:

it's so true, there was something so magical about Crybaby, it was so different so weird and it took emotional topics that had a lot of depth and turned them into more basic thoughts and lyrics that had great double meanings.

She was a lyrical genius, but then on K-12 it was all just so basic and boring, the production was basic as well. The lyrics never really touched anything but the surface (expect for starwberry shortcake imo it's amazing) 

honestly i was disappointed in the movie too 

I had high hopes for her tho

What makes me really upset is that Crybaby was super funny and quirky (and also sounds really good) and now it feels like she lost it all with her production becoming so generic and mainstream. I mean, it's good she evolves, I just hate the direction it took.

What makes me really upset is that Crybaby was super funny and quirky and now it feels like she lost it all with her production becoming so generic and mainstream. I mean, it's good she evolves, I just hate the direction it took

Weren't you praising Love + Fear in the Marina thread?  :toofunny:

i just can't get with her anymore. she has an interesting sound but tbh all of her lyrics severely lacks any subtlety at all. you can easily write a melanie martinez song like this:

1. Think of a serious topic: Mental illness, sexual assault, bullying, jealousy, domestic violence etc

2. Be very vulgar about it, but randomly insert allusions to childhood innocence

It gets old. 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i just can't get with her anymore. she has an interesting sound but tbh all of her lyrics severely lacks any subtlety at all. you can easily write a melanie martinez song like this:

1. Think of a serious topic: Mental illness, sexual assault, bullying, jealousy, domestic violence etc

2. Be very vulgar about it, but randomly insert allusions to childhood innocence

It gets old. 

did you really whine about an artist being "vulgar"? you need to chill, Tipper Gore.

giphy.gif

did you really whine about an artist being "vulgar"? you need to chill, Tipper Gore.

i mean i wouldn't just complain about something being vulgar. it just stops being interesting after you do it so much 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif