Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, x VB said:

Did she lip sync the whole set or what?

if i was her i would just hire someone to wear the prosthetics and costume, then get them to lip sync and do all the festivals/tour so i wouldn’t have to perform at all 

no one would even be able to tell it isn’t her:toofunny:

7 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

if i was her i would just hire someone to wear the prosthetics and costume, then get them to lip sync and do all the festivals/tour so i wouldn’t have to perform at all 

no one would even be able to tell it isn’t her:toofunny:

No point in paying to see an artist live if it's just some dress-up inception of an actor cosplaying a singer in another full body costume, with pre-rec tracks. She has a very specific way of moving and dancing too, so I'm not sure anyone would believe it was her anyway.

Speaking of the costume though, it looked like she was struggling at Lollapalooza and left as soon as she got the chance. She might've underestimated how claustrophobic and hot heavy costumes get while you're moving around under the lights, running out of breath, and in her case probably having stage nerves. I'd hate to see her pass out on tour just for the aesthetic. And if she's doing it to take the focus off of her personal image, I get that too, but it's not worth her health. She's going to have a lot of things to figure out as she goes along as far as making this costume work. I'm also a little afraid one of the ears is going to start flapping around or fall off on stage or something, but that's beside the point..

11 minutes ago, Candle in The Wind said:

hi! im starting to listen to melanie martinez and i’d like to know what your fav songs are? im just curious cause i love to know what songs people prefer in general :wave:

Released : Cake, Soap, Pity Party

Unreleased : Curly Cue, Fingers Crossed, Night Mime (any version)

17 minutes ago, Candle in The Wind said:

hi! im starting to listen to melanie martinez and i’d like to know what your fav songs are? im just curious cause i love to know what songs people prefer in general :wave:

well agh... cry baby is literally one of the Best album of 2010s for me personally, every song from that era + dollhouse ep (bittersweet tragedy and dead to me) deserved to be released literally, but my top3 would be alphabet boy, tag your it and teddy bear, u SHOULD immediatly after check her unreleased material i swear she has one of the Best unreleased songs, like rosking horse, jumprope, ring pop, where do babies Come from, 99 cent store, unhappy meal, trophy wife, haunted, seesaw, but especially first 3, them k12 goes its really good, less better than cry baby but still iconic, highlights are detention, luncbox friend, high school sweethearts, and tgere are also 3 very good unreleased tracks eraser, glue stick and papercut, and also a standalone single fire drill is very good that attached to k12 era too, after tgere is an after school ep that is like a deluxe for k12 but honestly its so different and more flat and uninteresting, i really only liked numbers, test me and unreleased song from that era called history is superior, and tgere was a single DEATH 2 days ago for her ipcoming album portals that is out 31 msrch 2023 so ya basically this plus make sure to check unreleased songs

she also has a pre crybaby era called 2013 ep that is unreleased it has a very good acoustic songs so check it too! 

heres the folder https://mega.nz/folder/sfUi3Ljb#4uKrqkAnCaw0B_YU7iouBg

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Okay, I just watched the performance and I must say…

I told y’all evil was a BOP! Evil was an obvious choice too… Battle Of The Larynx is good too but I’m still mad about that title, like what? Also does anybody know what it’s about

The lyrics and flow werent as all over the place as I though and I’m hopeful for that! So happy to see she hasn’t changed Tunnel Vision much :true:

1 hour ago, Candle in The Wind said:

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Released : Cake, Soap, Pity Party

Unreleased : Curly Cue, Fingers Crossed, Night Mime (any version)

thanks!

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

well agh... cry baby is literally one of the Best album of 2010s for me personally, every song from that era + dollhouse ep (bittersweet tragedy and dead to me) deserved to be released literally, but my top3 would be alphabet boy, tag your it and teddy bear, u SHOULD immediatly after check her unreleased material i swear she has one of the Best unreleased songs, like rosking horse, jumprope, ring pop, where do babies Come from, 99 cent store, unhappy meal, trophy wife, haunted, seesaw, but especially first 3, them k12 goes its really good, less better than cry baby but still iconic, highlights are detention, luncbox friend, high school sweethearts, and tgere are also 3 very good unreleased tracks eraser, glue stick and papercut, and also a standalone single fire drill is very good that attached to k12 era too, after tgere is an after school ep that is like a deluxe for k12 but honestly its so different and more flat and uninteresting, i really only liked numbers, test me and unreleased song from that era called history is superior, and tgere was a single DEATH 2 days ago for her ipcoming album portals that is out 31 msrch 2023 so ya basically this plus make sure to check unreleased songs

she also has a pre crybaby era called 2013 ep that is unreleased it has a very good acoustic songs so check it too! 

heres the folder https://mega.nz/folder/sfUi3Ljb#4uKrqkAnCaw0B_YU7iouBg

thank u so much for this very complete answer!! im checking all that right now! i love alphabet boy too atm

3 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Wait.. so they're giving out CDs before the release.. knowing it's going to leak.. when the whole issue with this album(and her whole career) has been her music being leaked before she can officially release it, lol.. okay. I don't quite get it but it probably won't make a difference sales or streams either way if the album leaks a week early. Happened with K-12 and most people that knew about it chose to wait anyway, and still probably streamed and watched the movie if they didn't buy anything.

I wonder if this is sort of her way of reclaiming the leaking? Like she knows it’s going to happen, so she’s going to let her fans hear the music a week early at the event and when someone leaks it, it was going to happen anyway. Kind of not a bad idea. Also, she performed some new songs in full before they could get leaked at Lollapalooza. So she kinda got ahead of it that way too. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.