Jack

Melanie Martinez

PLUTO is one of my favorite tracks on this whole album. I'm shocked to see some of y'all trashing it, and calling Powder the best song too?? Anyway.. These deluxe tracks aren't what I expected but I'm having a good time with them. Really just wish Garden or N&T had made the cut somehow.

14 hours ago, Salem said:

If I could only swap three tracks on the final album (but could still reposition tracks and use the dlx to fill in some gaps) I would probably make the track list something closer to this. It definitely still has some skips for me, but 

Hide contents

1. Death

2. Evil

3. Tunnel Vision

4. The Contortionist

5. Faerie Soriee

6. Dragon's Blood

7. Leeches

8. Milk Of The Siren

9. Garden

10. Amulet transitioning into a finished version of either Emerald or Mother Of Pearl, it randomly going into Evil never made sense to me) 
11. Evil
12. Pluto
13. Womb 

One of the biggest issues I always had with Portals was that it seemed to jump around a lot sonically and thematically and it felt odd to me, so this positioning feels like the best way to fix it. That said, later tonight I'll be making my fully reworked track list and seeing if I can create a no-skip version of the album for my own listening.

Edit: Did anyone else notice Portals doesn't seem to fit the past life regression theme she described at all? Even when she explains a track, she'll explain an experience people who have practiced PLR claim to have had and then say "this song is about *insert unrelated thing*". It feels more like it's a regular album she's trying to market as a concept album then a themed album.

I agree. It feels like the album is more about Melanie herself rather than Crybaby. I can't see how this fits into Crybaby's story. Maybe with the film it'll make more sense but idk.

Hiii. So I listened to the deluxe tracks, Pluto reminds me a lot of Carousel. Powder is beautiful, but a grower on me and sirens is a great song. I wonder how and if these are going to play into the film? I was so used to the transitions as well, to go into the songs was just like woah but it was nice to just go into the songs.  

h4wA.gif

last.fm 

3 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Milk Of The Sirens must be the worst song title ever :blush2:

Leche of Sirens is better...or just sirens

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

kind of sad to think about how now that the deluxe is out we have all the cry baby songs we will ever have since her story is done with this album. sirens is a great way to close out the cry baby story. she did it well :gclap:

4 minutes ago, ImNoAngel said:

kind of sad to think about how now that the deluxe is out we have all the cry baby songs we will ever have since her story is done with this album. sirens is a great way to close out the cry baby story. she did it well :gclap:

It's so bittersweet or melancholy if you will that cry baby and her story is now "dead and done with" but I'm excited and scared to see what she does with her material now that she is not stuck to the theme 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

Thinking of the collapse if she released N&T and Garden as the deluxe tracks, like those two are some of the best from the album sessions. PLANTED A SEED AND RAN, HEY WHERE DID THE WATER GO? LAY ME ON A BED OF DEAD ROSES THO  :dance: (Very grateful we still got Sirens though)

2 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

It's so bittersweet or melancholy if you will that cry baby and her story is now "dead and done with" but I'm excited and scared to see what she does with her material now that she is not stuck to the theme 

I'm so excited for what she is going to do next. Melanie is a great artist with a great vision that she is very committed to. i love that about her. her creating the character cry baby gave us 3 beautiful albums. 

guys omg my box set came!! my dad ordered the signed cd and the shirt, he said hes going to package it and mail it to me tonight. did anyone else’s come? 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

the version of Sirens that got released is definitely not the one that leaked, you can hear some details in the production that we didn't have before

Same with Tunnel Vision so?

1 hour ago, ashnikkos daisy pepper said:

Hiii. So I listened to the deluxe tracks, Pluto reminds me a lot of Carousel. Powder is beautiful, but a grower on me and sirens is a great song. I wonder how and if these are going to play into the film? I was so used to the transitions as well, to go into the songs was just like woah but it was nice to just go into the songs.  

the deluxe songs kinda stands out from the album's vibe idk if she would add them to the movie. Sirens is the only one I can see getting into it (and resembles the og version of Portals in a way)

29 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Did anyone order the signed CD outside of the box set? Has yours shipped? I emailed Mel’s store yesterday and no reply. Kind of annoying since I ordered it like within 5 min of the album announcement. 

Mine shipped but it's been sitting nearby for 3 days 😐 it says it'll be here tomorrow but I doubt it 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon