Jack

Melanie Martinez

things aren't black and white. i'm very glad you clearly cannot relate to what timothy went through since no one should have to experience that, but it just is nowhere near as simple as you are trying to make it out to be. a lot of people posted some really good explanations to these same arguments a few pages back so I invite you to go read those

Yeah, I have read those & I think it's not upto us to jump to conclusions & behave in such an over dramatic manner. Whatever Timothy went through, well I could sympathise with that but will babbling about it on Twitter & giving interviews *2 years later* bring her peace of mind?

Well, if she wanted revenge - she has already destroyed Melanie's career & reputation for life so.. Cheers! It's an international news now!

"Allegedly" raped 2 years ago. Melanie was not threatening or using any sort of violence on her. She could have easily gotten off the bed. Why would you stay friends with people who 'rape' you?

She's starts her argument by saying that Melanie promising to help with her career but didn't even write a song with her. That says a lot about this person.

oh please not this shit again

Lemme guess, youre also a male that does not understand what women go through in having control over their own bodies?

:bye3:

oh please not this shit again

Lemme guess, youre also a male that does not understand what women go through in having control over their own bodies?

:bye3:

lol.. did you just assume my gender?

.. & what you say doesn't make sense. Go back & read what I said in my last post.

lol.. did you just assume my gender?

.. & what you say doesn't make sense. Go back & read what I said in my last post.

Nope I went on your profile so I knew I was correct when I assumed. You don't deny it either so...

P. S. Contolling our bodies doesn't have to mean pushing people off who are violating it. It is as simple as having the right to not be touched by people without our permission.

ANYWAY the bitch is over for good her next album and movie will flop, she'll lose her fans. It's what she deserves

I feel like her label will drop her before even releasing anything, if these allegations prove to be true.

Of course, those cases are incomparable but that's not my point. I'm saying that what people are as artists is completely different from who they are in real life.

If it was Lana in the place of Melanie, would you guys delete her albums & burn her CDs & stop listening to her music? I won't.

(Just a hypothetical example. No offence.)

I agree that the artist does not necessarily equal their art, but to answer your question, yes I would put her albums in the bin and try my best to stop listening to her music and stop supporting her.

But these sorts of hypothetical questions are irrelevant. The likelihood of Lana behind a sexual predator are almost next to nothing so I don't think it's even worth pondering such questions. Yes, Lana has fought her own demons in the past but you have to admit that the recurring theme of being mentally ill in Melanie's work is extreme and at times even I thought it was concerning. 

I feel like her label will drop her before even releasing anything, if these allegations prove to be true.

I agree that the artist does not necessarily equal their art, but to answer your question, yes I would put her albums in the bin and try my best to stop listening to her music and stop supporting her.

But these sorts of hypothetical questions are irrelevant. The likelihood of Lana behind a sexual predator are almost next to nothing so I don't think it's even worth pondering such questions. Yes, Lana has fought her own demons in the past but you have to admit that the recurring theme of being mentally ill in Melanie's work is extreme and at times even I thought it was concerning.

I just wanna thank you for being so real and relatable in your posts x

Honestly it's times like this when I see who the real legends on lanaboards are

So @ everyone else if I've been liking all your posts here too <3

Makes me proud that it could be Lana attracting more decent listeners (in general) than someone we used to know whom this thread is about

Y'all are too entitled to enjoy art for the sake of art. Personally, I don't feel the need to look up the personal/criminal history of an artist before I listen to their music.

It's a tragic thing that *allegedly* happened 2 years ago but y'all are so over I can't even.

Y'all are too entitled to enjoy art for the sake of art. Personally, I don't feel the need to look up the personal/criminal history of an artist before I listen to their music.

It's a tragic thing that *allegedly* happened 2 years ago but y'all are so over I can't even.

Buddy, I think you are the one who is entitled. Too entitled to know how important it is to believe victims, and clearly too entitled to realise how supporting abusive celebrities is dangerous for everyone. 

Jesus, what's next? preaching Trump 2020?

:facepalm:

Buddy, I think you are the one who is entitled. Too entitled to know how important it is to believe victims, and clearly too entitled to realise how supporting abusive celebrities is dangerous for everyone.

Jesus, what's next? preaching Trump 2020?

:facepalm:

Haha.. I might have helped you with the torrent thingy once but I'm not your buddy & I might not like her as a person but if she does good music in the future I'll listen to it. I won't burn the CDs I paid for or do something lame-ass like you.

Haha.. I might have helped you with the torrent thingy once but I'm not your buddy & I might not like her as a person but if someone does good music in the future I'll listen to it. I won't burn the CDs I paid for or do something lame-ass like you.

Oh really? I didnt even remember tbh. It's funny how situations like this also show who is really probably not a great person anyway, even if they seemed nice before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It's cool we are on the same page now :) I never wanted you to do me anyway.  :teehee:

Oh really? I didnt even remember tbh. It's funny how situations like this also show who is really probably not a great person anyway, even if they seemed nice before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [/size]

It's cool we are on the same page now :) I never wanted you to do me anyway. :teehee:

Hey Cult Leader, if burning CDs & boycotting artists is your way of dealing with rape allegations, I would suggest you buy some of Timothy's music to show her some support.

Melanie on the night she assaulted Timothy smh...

melanie-martinez_0.jpg

fifty shades of melanie

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: