Jack

Melanie Martinez

and holy fuk Fire Drill is honestly one of her best songs 

SERIOUSLY, WHY WAS IT NOT ON THE ALBUM

EVEN A JAPAN BONUS IDC

When my movie finishes downloading, I'm gonna extract it for myself

Why would she not include a flawless song like that? 

SERIOUSLY, WHY WAS IT NOT ON THE ALBUM

EVEN A JAPAN BONUS IDC

When my movie finishes downloading, I'm gonna extract it for myself

Why would she not include a flawless song like that? 

lmaoo for real.. maybe shell release a deluxe version in a short while?

===

also she said #blacklivesmatter with that pledge of allegiance scene  :smokes2:

lmaoo for real.. maybe shell release a deluxe version in a short while?

===

also she said #blacklivesmatter with that pledge of allegiance scene  :smokes2:

We can only hope. 

I KNOW. This was totally worth the wait tbh 

Best song: Teacher's Pet

Best "music video": Orange Juice

Favourite moment/s in the movie: i loooved all the choreo (ex. The Principal, Show & Tell, OJ, Detention) Mel is such a good dancer 

What you found most surprising: the budget! every set and every costume was exquisite 

Anything you predicted coming true: recess being the worst song oops

Any criticisms: other than the plot bcuz wtf was the plot, some songs had great segues (drama club's transition was great) but others made no sense (high school sweethearts) also my fav song(teachers pet) had a lackluster vid :( i wanted some choreo!

Which song you relate to most: lunchbox friends

TjRQ.gifLczfoG7.gifTjRQ.gif

Best song:

Highschool Sweethearts and Show & Tell

Best "music video":

Same, and I think they should be singles, along with maybe Detention ,The Principal or Orange Juice

Favourite moment/s in the movie:

When the kindergarten teacher was snorting chalk and looked up at the security footage to see Mel and Kelly both levitating in a fight. And also when Angelita killed the science teacher. I'm still on edge about that actress but that was a good moment.

What you found most surprising:

That I loved The Principal, Lunchbox Friends and Detention.

Anything you predicted coming true:

That Recess would suck (the video, not the song)and that an extra song would be in the credits (but I think someone had proof of that anyway)

Any criticisms:

The start of lunchbox friends where Mel was singing at the table of the blonde girls was cringey. It would have been better if she was singing to herself while not paying attention to them, and then looking back at the table of her real friends.

Also that there seemed to be no guys in the picture when Strawberry Shortcake came on. I was expecting something to connect like a guy paying her too much attention or something before the song came on.

Which song you relate to most:

Highschool Sweethearts actually, cause not only am I still with mine, but that song relates to me be extremely picky in friendships too and I just can't handle being in a friendship that isn't real and what I need it to be.

Okay so I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade (including my own) but I was thinking about this just now and essentially I'm just wondering. Where do we go from here?

I mean. everything was fine when she released her debut and introduced the concept of the Cry Baby character. After that she could have went to any direction but she chose to continue and expand on the project she had already established. I'm not gonna complain since K-12 is a really nice album but I'm really torn right now. On one hand, if she makes more Cry Baby music it's gonna feel like she's dragging it out way too much, but on the OTHER hand I'd feel really weird to see anything by Melanie that isn't the Cry Baby concept and I think it'd be out of place in her discography for me personally.

What do you guys think?

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

I thought the film was underwhelming tbh. only the visuals and songs were good but there was virtually no plot and the acting/choreography was very stiff and cliche. a cute project to have in her discography but do we need two more movies?

:bitchfight:

I literally cannot find a way to extract the audio while keeping it in the 192kpbs this DL has it. I'm gonna go insane afdkdfv I tried VLC but it won't actually play it in any other program.

Best song: High School Sweethearts

Best "music video": Drama Club/Orange Juice

Favourite moment/s in the movie: When she took off her disguise

What you found most surprising: the end

Anything you predicted coming true: nothing

Any criticisms: would have liked it if there was some more plot and a bit less of the “music videos stitched together” vibe

Which song you relate to most: Lunchbox Friends

I feel dumb for not knowing what you mean by when she took off her disguise. And I totally agree with your criticisms. The first few songs were done so good but when there were like 3 in a row without actual scenes in between I was like, hang on, and it took me out of the story for a bit

I thought the film was underwhelming tbh. only the visuals and songs were good but there was virtually no plot and the acting/choreography was very stiff and cliche. a cute project to have in her discography but do we need two more movies?

I agree with the choreo in some parts- wheels on the bus and I think it was class fight too? Or wherever the whole class was doing the same thing.

And I am also not too sure about 2 more movies like this but I'm sure she'll improve because she really does take on these things

I feel dumb for not knowing what you mean by when she took off her disguise. And I totally agree with your criticisms. The first few songs were done so good but when there were like 3 in a row without actual scenes in between I was like, hang on, and it took me out of the story for a bit

I agree with the choreo in some parts- wheels on the bus and I think it was class fight too? Or wherever the whole class was doing the same thing.

And I am also not too sure about 2 more movies like this but I'm sure she'll improve because she really does take on these things

When she seduced the principal's son!

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Okay so I don't wanna rain on anyone's parade (including my own) but I was thinking about this just now and essentially I'm just wondering. Where do we go from here?

I mean. everything was fine when she released her debut and introduced the concept of the Cry Baby character. After that she could have went to any direction but she chose to continue and expand on the project she had already established. I'm not gonna complain since K-12 is a really nice album but I'm really torn right now. On one hand, if she makes more Cry Baby music it's gonna feel like she's dragging it out way too much, but on the OTHER hand I'd feel really weird to see anything by Melanie that isn't the Cry Baby concept and I think it'd be out of place in her discography for me personally.

What do you guys think?

Valid yeah, but it's also really interesting. My favourite band started the same, making albums based on childhood and school but they progressed to adulthood and spirituality and much much more and I think Melanie will totally do the same. Real artists make it work

When she seduced the principal's son!

Oh yeah fuck hahah

What do you guys think?

It seems like she will keep doing things the way she has been doing them. But if she makes us wait another 4 years, that's not okay...

I want to see crybaby grow if she continues with the concept of it. Since we know she has 2 more visual albums planned I feel the 4th one will be the goodbye to crybaby as she essentially just graduated. So from here it’d be college & real life. Here songs in the vein of You Love I & Night Mime could actually be released which is so REFRESHING!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif