Jack

Melanie Martinez

It's exclusive to the movie, someone probably ripped it.

so... we're not getting deluxe tracks in any official way?

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

How tf are you gonna make your fans wait 4 years, say there will be 3 bonus tracks like the previous album, put a bonus track IN THE MOVIE, and then NOT RELEASE ANY BONUS TRACKS??!!!???

Make it make sense before I unstan & don’t even watch the movie :poordat:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

14417469274.gif

Melanie stans hate to be called 10 yo but then go on and make fake wiki pages for her third and fourth album

Stay in elementary school cry babies

it's a fanon page. if you're mad about it after not even paying attention to that, that's on you.

giphy.gif

Her look during The Principal, Detention and HSS were sooo good I can't stop thinking about it

wait, so does it have an overarching story or is it just a bunch of music videos strung together?

giphy.gif

wait, so does it have an overarching story or is it just a bunch of music videos strung together?

Overarching story for sure but the 'music video' parts fit in different for each song I guess. At the start it was done really really well, until about Strawberry Shortcake when I was like "but nothing's even happened like this yet?" And in Highschool Sweethearts. But in the end, it doesn't bother me too much, I still loved every second! 

Her looks in those videos I mentioned were sort of "in her imagination" from my perspective, but done so well

Also (separate post)

the coughs made it into Nurse's Office on Spotify too :/

Overall the movie is actually pretty cute. Not a blockbuster, but for an artist making their first movie, definitly a cool thing to have (and as a fan to see). It's like she said a quite fun, campy movie, which actually feels sometimes more like a long music video. The plot is sometimes not very clear and there are some unreasonable jumps to other scenes.

For example, Strawberry Shortcake and High School Sweethearts are like a seperate music video. They don't add much to the plot and don't really show some other relevant details.

There is definitly society critic here and there, sometimes even a bit too much, too obvious or too random. Otherwise there are a lot of very cool choreographies and beautiful asthetics and jokes that lets you smirk. 

If i had to rate it, i would give it a 7/10.