Jack

Melanie Martinez

I preordered a physical copy (still must wait for thee UPS) and found this in my email.

IgIKIDW.png

So that's a plus. It didn't come with a digital story book so I guess I gots to wait for the physical story book. That should probably be a better experience any how. Anyways, I'm not even really a fan of this kind of music much but a friend sent me some songs and I had no idea what it even was. I also had just taken way too much over the counter cough medicine and normally any music sounds bland in the state I was in but somehow this passed through that barrier. I found it to be a great writing tool after that. I said, "%#$#@%@#$ it, I'm going to study this artist a little more."  I discovered she had a new album that you could preorder and that it was coming out in like a week. Again, I said "%#$^@$#$$%^ it."

now here i am

6SgSTWh.jpg

back to writing

XRKSTOK.jpg

Here’s my arrangement of them from the ones I like the most to least liked.

1.Tag, You’re It “I love it when I hear you breathing. I hope to God you’re never leaving.”

2. Alphabet Boy (although I love the live version better) “But your not my daddy and I’m not your dolly and your dictionary’s destroyed.

3. Teddy Bear "When you started talking in your sleep, saying things you’d do to me.

4. Milk and Cookies "Ooh, Honey Do you want me now? I cant take it anymore, need to put you to bed.”

5. Mrs. Potato Head “Don’t be dramatic it’s only some plastic, no one will love you if you’re unattractive.

6. Training Wheels "You’ve been riding two wheelers all your life. It’s not like I’m asking to be your wife.”

7. Play Date “Don’t want to leave this play date with you.”

8. Sippy Cup “Blood money, blood money. How did you afford this ring that I love, honey?”

9. Pacify Her “Tired, Blue Boy walks my way.”<–the boy blue reference was cute.

10. Dollhouse “Hey girl, look at my mom she’s got it going on. HA! Your blinded by her jewelry.”

11. Cry Baby “Your hearts too big for your body, its where your feelings hide”

12. Soap “Think I got myself in trouble, so I fill the bath with bubbles.”

13. Pity Party “Tell me what to do to make it all feel better.”

14. Mad Hatter “You think I’m psycho, you think I’m gone. Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong.”

15. Cake “If I’m just a piece of cake, then you’re just a piece of meat, you’re just a piece of meat to me.”

16. Carousel “I know chasing you is like a fairytale.”

Tbh the reason why all the ones she performed live is towards the bottom at all, is because 1. When making a list something has to be down there. And 2. They all sounded better live. She sang more live.

Oh are we hating on Mad Hatter? I think it's my favorite #JustSitarThings

I don't know if it's my absolute favorite yet, but it's up there you know

Also the title track, I love it

I didn't listen to any live recordings of any of the album tracks so I have nothing to complain about and I love it

Why have i come across a handfull of people that hate Sippy Cup

Uhm Mad Hatter goes HARD, especially when it kicks in at the beginning, but it's not my favorite song. I didn't listen to the live recording of this but I was actually expecting it to be minimal? Idk why. Immediate favorites are Mrs. Potato Head and Cry Baby probably because of their replay value, as to which ones I'll love months from now remains to be seen.

Nothing scares me anymore.

I wont lie...... Training Wheels grew on me. At first I didnt feel it. But that "You've been riding two-wheelers all you life. It's not like I'm asking to be your wife." Lyric hit me in the heart wayy too hard.

The problem with Mad Hatter is that it just didnt have as much emotion as the live version does. She ruin the album songs a little she performed because she didnt sing those songs the same as she did live and that's what makes mad hatter not as much as a fav.

The live performance of Mad Hatter makes it a fav tho.

That goes for Alphabet Boy, Cry Baby, and Cake.

The whole album is excellent tho.

CAKE :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: I AM SLAIN

from faves to least faves, all of the songs are AMAZING! bold songs are the best imo.

Soap

Mad Hatter

Mrs. Potato Head

Cake

Alphabet Boy

Tag, You're it

Crybaby

Carousel

Training Wheels

Pity Party

Sippy Cup

Pacify Her

Dollhouse

Milk & Cookies

Play Date

Teddy Bear

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

The problem with Mad Hatter is that it just didnt have as much emotion as the live version does. She ruin the album songs a little she performed because she didnt sing those songs the same as she did live and that's what makes mad hatter not as much as a fav.

The live performance of Mad Hatter makes it a fav tho.

That goes for Alphabet Boy, Cry Baby, and Cake.

The whole album is excellent tho.

Agree very much with this. I was a little disappointed of how the title track turned out because of how much emotion she put into the live version, it seems very pulled back.

So excited the album is out, and I hope it does well. 

Gonna list the track list in order of my favourite to least favourite...

1. SOAP (such a creative & emotional song, love the soapy beats and the concept!! ;) )
  2. TRAINING WHEELS (such a cute song, that chorus is SOOO beautiful omg  :flutter: )
  3. ALPHABET BOY (absolutely love the lyrics, especially the "a-a-a, ba-ba-ba-ba" part & the alliteration in the verses  :woot: )
  4. CAKE (the chorus sounds so much like an Allie X song, I am totally here for those lyrics, especially the homophone of "needing" and "kneading" in verse 2, that chorus is PERFECT! :party:  :party:  :party: )
  5. PLAY DATE (OMG I can't even explain what is making me love this song so much but it's slaying my existence, the production is BRILLIANT and those background vocals at the start and throughout SLAY ME, she sounds like a goddess & a bit like Marina, OMG  :worship:  :worship:  :worship: )
  6. MRS. POTATO HEAD (definitely has the best lyrics/concept on the album. The production is sort of minimalistic but it just works. Such a nice song! Well done, Mel  :gclap: )
  7. PACIFY HER (such an awesome song, Mel's voice is so emotional here and she sings in a different tone to every other song which I love, the play on words in the title is genius, also a great song to replay)
  8. CRY BABY (not getting the hate for this song, I love it, a great title track & a great way to introduce everyone to the character of Cry Baby)
  9. PITY PARTY (this song probably has the best replay value on the album, the lyrics are so emotional & the production is awesome)
  10. TEDDY BEAR (the verses aren't anything out of this world, but the lyrics and the rest of the song are amazing, la la la la  la la la la)
  11. TAG, YOU'RE IT (not gonna lie, I think some of you have overhyped this a bit. While I understand the purpose of the voice filter for the parts the wolf is saying, I find it extremely annoying. The lyrics are awful at points too, but luckily the production/melody makes up for it)
  12. CAROUSEL (one of the few songs where she sings in a different voice register)
  13. DOLLHOUSE (I think I like the concept and the lyrics better than anything else, the melody/production/Melanie's voice isn't that good tbh)
  14. SIPPY CUP (one of the weaker tracks on the album imo, the production is tiresome by the end & the concept really isn't that great)
  15. MILK AND COOKIES (not here for this track tbh, the production is nothing special at all, and I feel as if this is the most filler-y track on the album)
  16. MAD HATTER (the only song I have to skip every time, I HATE the production & although the lyrics are quite poetic, I think the idea behind the song is extremely basic. The aggressive feel also doesn't really fit the album's concept tbh. Not feeling this song AT ALL. Too bad I was hyped for this song  :noparty: )

Mad Hatter is a good song but it gives off a vibe that like an edgy 13 year old wrote it..... but other than that slay

Did you mean the entire album

but still slay