Jack

Melanie Martinez

It's such a waste

When little girls grow into their mothers face

But little girls are learning how to cut and paste

And pucker up their lips until they suffocate

tumblr_ntayt99Ru31uzi6a7o1_500.gif

I don't have anything against Kylie or any of the Kardashians but when I hear these lines that's all that comes to mind.

First we feel; then we fall.

I think Carousel is the worse. But I think Cry Baby lacks the emotion that the live version gives.

Cry Baby is a grower song but Mad Hatter is still so flat and doesn't fit the ending of the first cry baby book whatsoever. If she ended it with Tag, You're It or even Milk and Cookies it would've been fine.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I think Dollhouse is better than Carousel. I think Cake doesn't fit well with the album theme very well since it's not very "childish" at all, if i'm just pussy to you then you're just dick to me, but whatever. Milk and Cookies is the most forgettable to me, except the lines "sing you a lullaby where you die at the end", it's always in my head. Hate to be basic, but I fucking love Pacify Her. This album gets played more than Froot did when it first came out tbh. I love this album.

What's the hate with Carousel?? While I do think it doesn't fit the album's theme, it still has more redeemable qualities than Pacify Her which is by far the worst in the album for being too catty and mean-spirited just because the narrator hates the girl for allegedly stealing her "boyfriend".

Y'all saying you don't like the studio versions because the live is better :toofunny: If the studio versions were better people would complain she can't sing live. Poor girl can't win.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Y'all saying you don't like the studio versions because the live is better :toofunny: If the studio versions were better people would complain she can't sing live. Poor girl can't win.

Its not even really her singing, its like, the emotion she puts into singing the songs live that is missing from the studio versions that ppl are complaining about

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

If the studio song was more emotive then it would match up a little more to the strength she adds to the character for the album.

Although Dollhouse created the concept, I think she could've just explained that Sippy Cup was the sequel without hearing Dollhouse again (it would've been better if they changed it a little bit for the album).

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1