Jack

Melanie Martinez

14 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

What unreleased songs should I absolutely listen to? I'll get to them all eventually but I could use some suggestions :brows:

I'd suggest these (my favourites I think)

Cry Baby era:

• Ring Pop
  • Cooties
  • Mistakes
  • Psycho Lovers
  • Night Mime
  • Coloring Book
  • Zzzz
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Schizo
  • 99c Store
  • Run
  • Trophy Wife
  • Bones Are Blue
  • Rough Love
  • Rocking Horse
  • Bombs on Monday
  • Seesaw

K-12 era:

• AK-47 (not an outtake from the album, but made around those dates)
  • Eraser
  • Gluestick

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

So far I've listened to: 

Arts & Crafts: What a tune. The chorus is so so catchy and I love the dark undertones.

Coloring Book: I really like the melody and the little beat throughout the song. 

Cooties: I LOVED this one. The melody is so pretty.

Dressed in Mistakes: I loved the cinematic feel of it.

Jumprope: I like the prechorus (the apples and gum lines)

Ring Pop: I adored the verses and prechorus. The chorus is fun too.

Seesaw: She sounds pissed I love it.

Eraser: I love how flowy the chorus is.

Gluestick: I like it but I couldn't stop thinking how similar the chorus is to another Melanie song and that took me out a bit of it.

Papercut: It was fine.

History: It's so After School (obviously). I really liked this one too.

I'm excited to keep listening to the others I have left. Also I saw there are some demos of released material I haven't listened to yet :pussypower:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

i’m glad we all agree Papercut is awful

I like the production, but the lyrics feel :biblio: it's terrible to think Papercut constitutes 1/3 of the leaked songs from K-12

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I'm excited to keep listening to the others I have left. Also I saw there are some demos of released material I haven't listened to yet

You should check out this masterpost for her if you haven't already: https://mega.nz/folder/GEpSAaDY#gIROoft4mefLNu1awIhdBg It's pretty well organised :D

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Thanks for the person who reuploaded Zzzz voice memo on dbree, i was looking for that and it sounds so good. If we at least had the stems, i could try to make a orchestral concept of the song using this version.

UAmFDOp.png

On 8/5/2021 at 6:59 PM, Venice Peach said:

I can't believe Where Do Babies Come From finally leaked in full and I'm just finding out now wow. I was a huge fan back in the DollhouseEP/Cry Baby times (still kinda am cause I still tune in for every new release but I don't keep in touch anymore with news and leaks) and I saw there are like 20+ new unreleased songs. I'm going to have a field day with that. 

What unreleased songs should I absolutely listen to? I'll get to them all eventually but I could use some suggestions :brows:.

Also do we know something about MM3? I'm curious about what direction and concept she's going for this time. I hope it's similar to the last EP cause I honestly loved her new evolved sound. The only thing I know about the new album is that she wanted to make another film for it right?

There's a handful of mm3 leaks already. ?

Here's the titles of mm3 leaks (that we know of)

- Dragon's Blood was the first to leak on [redacted]. The original leak cut off the last verse/chorus bit we have the full now. It still sounds unpolished (as all the leaks are unfinished. I saw somewhere that the leaks were recorded from a video call I think?)

- Barely Juice / Barely Any Juice

- Leeches

- Magnets

- Puzzles

- The Sirens / Sirens / Leche of the Sirens (there's also a concept demo that leaked as an interlude version idk if it's one or the other so I kept it as a concept demo. Should probably change it as a worktape?)

- Tunnel Vision (like with Dragon's Blood, the original leak shaved off the end but we have the full now)

- Void (we only have a 30 second snippet but idk if it is real or not)

If you want I can share a list of all her unreleased that I've sorted by year recorded (at least by speculated year recorded. I used the Wiki page to decipher that)

Also I found this on the wayback machine and I downloaded it using the source codes page and it might definitely be my fav unreleased song omg

47 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Also I found this on the wayback machine and I downloaded it using the source codes page and it might definitely be my fav unreleased song omg

Stream the 2013 EP Doveman studio version of this song if you haven't already, it's so much better.

Also, you shouldn't have the Sirens concept tagged as a worktape. A worktape is a term usually used for a homemade phone/laptop recording which is shown to producers for reference, like the leaked file of Half Hearted. The leaked version of Sirens is studio-recorded and produced. :P

2 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Stream the 2013 EP Doveman studio version of this song if you haven't already, it's so much better.

Also, you shouldn't have the Sirens concept tagged as a worktape. A worktape is a term usually used for a homemade phone/laptop recording which is shown to producers for reference, like the leaked file of Half Hearted. The leaked version of Sirens is studio-recorded and produced. :P

I've complied what we have of the 2011 and 2013 EPS and both EPS so far snatch but I like this live acoustic so much more. There's a bit of a bounce to it I think(?) that I really love. 

Been seeing a lot of people say that all of the MM3 leaks are recorded in June, like Puzzles, and that's simply just not true. The K&OL hack happened on February 11th, 2021, so all of the songs are before then. 

12 minutes ago, Alloy said:

The K&OL hack happened on February 11th, 2021, so all of the songs are before then. 

Where did you get that date from? Zzzz leaked in January. 

35 minutes ago, Bones Are Blue said:

Where did you get that date from? Zzzz leaked in January. 

That was the exact day Tunnel Vision was recorded, so it had to have been that day, also the stem packs of all K&OL Cry Baby songs were teased that day, and Papercut, and a ton of other K&OL songs were leaked that week. ZZZZ was circulating far before then.