Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Salem said:

The thing that bothers me is Melanie has never truly been broke, she takes not being able to go out and film a movie just because she wants to and spins it as "oh my god I'm so broke!". Like, even what she said about the royalties Spotify and such pay, that does not effect her. That effects the tiny artists who don't have funding to make their shit. When you get millions of streams a month you make plenty of money off streams. She's got money pouring out her ass at this point. She owns a two million dollar home, buys designer clothes and $150 shirts that look like they were sent through a paper shredder, and gets her clothes for live shows made custom just for her, usually to only wear them once or twice. She is incredibly rich and she's acting broke. She isn't entitled to millions in funding to make whatever she wants when it doesn't do well. A record label isn't going to fund something that won't recoup the money it takes from their pockets, especially when films are not their niche. Your fans don't owe you paying for your absurd projects especially when you won't take  criticism. If she were actually a small, broke artist, I'd have sympathy, but that was over five years ago. She has had all the funding she's needed since crybaby to make amazing projects and poorly spends it on a consistent basis. I have a feeling the funding they gave her for K-12 made her believe she needs that for every project and she doesn't. 

You're acting as if Melanie was breaking into her fan's houses and robbing them of everything they own :toofunny: Melanie is not broke, but that doesn't mean she's not allowed to explore different ways to make money. It's kinda the whole point of marketing as an artist. If you don't wanna spend $200 on a bracelet, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to. A lot of fans think the prices are fair and bought them within literal seconds of being posted, so obviously there was a market for them. I mean, imagine your favorite artist making a 1 piece custom item that only you own. I think it's similar to how artists sell signed CDs, it's true that anyone could grab a pen and copy their signature but the fact that it's autographed by someone's favorite artist is what makes people interested and what makes them so expensive. 

giphy.gif 

3 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

This would actually be a great source of income for her tbh I'm surprised she hasn't done it because of how money-hungry she's been lately. She's seen all the hype around her unreleased and I'm sure a good portion of her collaborators would be down for it if they got a share, unlike when Neon was selling her stuff without the producers/co-writers consent 

would be so cool if she released maybe a "cry baby - the complete edition" or something on her store with all the unreleased stuff, i KNOW so many ppl would be interested

3 hours ago, Desert lamp said:

Erm anyways

you missed their edit :hoe:

3 hours ago, Salem said:

She has had all the funding she's needed since crybaby to make amazing projects and poorly spends it on a consistent basis. I have a feeling the funding they gave her for K-12 made her believe she needs that for every project and she doesn't. 

7 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

she recently started following CJ Baran on instagram(producer for Cake and Pity Party), if this has anything to do with MM3... (we lost since it's still not finished)

I NEEED a Cake-esque song on MM3 :trisha:

CJ Baran is an amazing producer, I love the stuff he did with Allie and Mars too

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

I'd love if Melanie released a mixtape, the way we would get a vast expansion of her sound and so many experimental songs :wowcry:

She'd have to get her label to approve it first, and let go of her "vision" of only having certain songs and albums released. I don't see it happening any time soon if it hasn't already, but it would be nice to see. She'd make a lot more money that way than selling bracelets.

3 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

She'd have to get her label to approve it first, and let go of her "vision" of only having certain songs and albums released. I don't see it happening any time soon if it hasn't already, but it would be nice to see. She'd make a lot more money that way than selling bracelets.

i mean it'd be cool if the bracelets (or whatever else merch) could be released irl as a saw to introduce the next era('s characters)

for example, if one of these bracelets or nfts were related to one of the characters in the timeline of Cry Baby.

Melanie also had sessions scheduled with Emily Warren (Soap, Wheels on the Bus, Strawberry Shortcake etc) for the new album btw :cuteface: not sure if that happened yet 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Melanie also had sessions scheduled with Emily Warren (Soap, Wheels on the Bus, Strawberry Shortcake etc) for the new album btw :cuteface: not sure if that happened yet 

how do you have this info?? :shock: