Jack

Melanie Martinez

1 hour ago, Sugartears said:

It's just me or the faces that the actors do in the Show & Tell and Drama Club music videos are extremely cringey?

Bad acting was definitely a trait of the K-12 era. I found the backup dancers at the concerts gyrating in diapers and making weird faces to be particularly off-putting.. :bebe:

Grimes and Bella Poarch? Weird choice.

And I'm not sure wtf Melanie and her people are on lately, but it's getting too messy for me. If she's going to keep pulling weird shit I'd at least like a decent explanation. 

I guess when 90% of your fanbase is nothing but obsessive 12 year olds you can get away with anything, though

Okay so I just found it about her NFTs and I'm upset why she doesn't sell those as plushies. I don't listen to her for years but I would've definitely get one and keep it on my bed next to my cushions.

Some people are shamelessly moneyhungry. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

10 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Lol, not people on Twitter blaming all of this on her new boyfriend as if she's not a grown woman making her own decisions. :eyeroll2:

tbf i think it's the label, not Melanie :oopna2:

What's going on with her? 

I remember many insiders said that she would release something on May, we are now halfway into July lol

I really liked After School so much (compared to K-12) so I am excited for her new music. 

I'm trying not to hear to the leaks more than once tho. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

are we forgetting that Verde is an artist and a photographer first, and then melanie's boyfriend? it's not about melanie this time. that is a picture Verde shot, and it's its own art and creation. it doesn't need to be autographed to be sold at that price, the art is his!!!! and he can decide the price of it. none of y'all are forced to buy it :rip: 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

are we forgetting that Verde is an artist and a photographer first, and then melanie's boyfriend? it's not about melanie this time. that is a picture Verde shot, and it's its own art and creation. it doesn't need to be autographed to be sold at that price, the art is his!!!! and he can decide the price of it. none of y'all are forced to buy it :rip: 

Pretty sure everyone is getting irritated because Melanie and her people are doing everything to make quick money besides her just "doing her job" and releasing music.

She never posts, never gives updates, never does anything anymore. Her fans are tired of paying for a person that barely exists, and on one hand, that's on them for buying the merch, on the other hand I get it.

Remember when she even released a whole new song on SoundCloud immediately after being accused of SA in 2017? That just shows that she *can* release unscheduled music, she just doesn't. It's not just a record label issue at this point. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:30 PM, ButterflyBones said:

Pretty sure everyone is getting irritated because Melanie and her people are doing everything to make quick money besides her just "doing her job" and releasing music.

She never posts, never gives updates, never does anything anymore. Her fans are tired of paying for a person that barely exists, and on one hand, that's on them for buying the merch, on the other hand I get it.

Remember when she even released a whole new song on SoundCloud immediately after being accused of SA in 2017? That just shows that she *can* release unscheduled music, she just doesn't. It's not just a record label issue at this point. 

i get what you're saying, but the thing is that the picture is being sold BY Verde and not Melanie. so it's not entirely her fault, she probably just agreed with him, but it still remains Verde's art sold on HIS profile.

and on the other hand, i don't think Melanie isn't doing anything anymore, she's surely working behind the scenes. let's not forget her WHOLE record leaked and all her plans went to shit with it. she said the new album is made entirely of new music, so she's probably making a NEW album from scratch and trying to make it work with the script she already had, it's not that easy if you think about it. also i don't get why would she release random music on soundcloud? for what? pleasing greedy fans? no other artist releases music this randomly, why would she?

the wait for new music is frustrating and the false promises are annoying, but we know her, she cares about her music/career, she's just trying to make everything work  good enough for us to hear and enjoy. 

13 hours ago, Nightmare said:

i get what you're saying, but the thing is that the picture is being sold BY Verde and not Melanie. so it's not entirely her fault, she probably just agreed with him, but it still remains Verde's art sold on HIS profile.

and on the other hand, i don't think Melanie isn't doing anything anymore, she's surely working behind the scenes. let's not forget her WHOLE record leaked and all her plans went to shit with it. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone is upset at him for selling prints of a photo he took. They're irritated because he and Melanie are consistently overpricing random things to make quick money, including used items that arrived broken and were non-refundable. There are better ways to profit off of your fans.

A print like the one he's selling would usually be a MAXIMUM of $50, so to price is as high as he has is unnecessary. Again, good on them for getting their money, but there are ways to do it that don't involve selling people overpriced crap and NFTs. She couldn't even sign the posters.

Also, if it's true that Melanie has suddenly decided to re-write the entire album(which I HIGHLY doubt), that's fine, but it shouldn't be on her fans to spend ridiculous amounts of money on her Depop to fund her career. Maybe she should just stop buying ugly $200 ripped up sweaters for a few months and use some of that money instead. :pls:

23 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone is upset at him for selling prints of a photo he took. They're irritated because he and Melanie are consistently overpricing random things to make quick money, including used items that arrived broken and were non-refundable. There are better ways to profit off of your fans.

A print like the one he's selling would usually be a MAXIMUM of $50, so to price is as high as he has is unnecessary. Again, good on them for getting their money, but there are ways to do it that don't involve selling people overpriced crap and NFTs. She couldn't even sign the posters.

Also, if it's true that Melanie has suddenly decided to re-write the entire album(which I HIGHLY doubt), that's fine, but it shouldn't be on her fans to spend ridiculous amounts of money on her Depop to fund her career. Maybe she should just stop buying ugly $200 ripped up sweaters for a few months and use some of that money instead. :pls:

once again, i don't think fans are forced to buy any of the things they're selling. if they do, it's cause they decided to.

48 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

once again, i don't think fans are forced to buy any of the things they're selling. if they do, it's cause they decided to.

Agreed, and I never said they were forced to buy it. The issue that people have is with them overcharging people(usually teenagers who will regret such expensive purchases) for random items, often of questionable quality. For some people to have paid so much to have their non-refundable items arrive broken and poorly packaged was especially messy.

It's just scraping a bit low for her, if you ask me. She could probably be making more money in better ways by doing less at this point.