Jack

Melanie Martinez

5 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Hmmmm what is the word she’s saying? No one can leave once they merge?

The background sounds are a little Cry Baby esque :awkney:

but it sounds interesting…

I think she's saying "no one can leave once they emerge", probably talking about the portals or rebirth in general. And yeah, I wish she would ditch the xylophone/toybox sounds for this one but still it's a nice snippet.

6 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

The background sounds are a little Cry Baby esque :awkney:

but it sounds interesting…

better than K-12 sounding :xgiggle:

It gets recognized as as track 6, timestamp 0:42 - 1:19.

Also this is the first track that's shorter than 4 minutes, overall duration: 3:04

Disclaimer again, they could register the songs with the wrong duration so this isn't confirmed.

err this sound is so predictable from her… this honestly sound like the formula Sub Urban and Bella Poarch been repeating every damn song, chorus + post-chorus with overlyproduced childlike xylophone music box beat, frustrating :bebe: 

The only snippets that sound fresh and distinctive from her old sound to me so far been Death, Track 2 and the hatching

18 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

the new snippet is possibly my least favorite so far 

The Void snippet that she posted to her IG is the strongest so far, IMO. Track 6 snippet is cute but sounds dated, kind of 2015 dubstep-ish. Hopefully it's just that one bit of the song.

1 minute ago, ButterflyBones said:

The Void snippet that she posted to her IG is the strongest so far, IMO. Track 6 snippet is cute but sounds dated, kind of 2015 dubstep-ish. Hopefully it's just that one bit of the song.

Agreed, I thought it sounded very dated too.

I am concerned that these lyrics are really doubling down on the whole theme she is going for,  similar to the K-12 commitment to a theme over everything else.

Pray for TV and N&T, I fear their lyrics are too relatable for this record :rip:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

2 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Agreed, I thought it sounded very dated too.

I am concerned that these lyrics are really doubling down on the whole theme she is going for,  similar to the K-12 commitment to a theme over everything else.

Pray for TV and N&T, I fear their lyrics are too relatable for this record :rip:

Unfortunately she's stuck on concept albums, so we're stuck with them too. I don't mind thematic lyrics, but corny lyrics that make no sense outside of some hamfisted theme aren't it for me

like the vibes of this snippet too. this promo strategy is so weird yet cute. can’t wait to listen to the FULL songs to give my opinions :)

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

9 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

it's weird that she had to cut like half of the movie due to budget but somehow kept stealing a tampon from a nurse or talking about marijuana like that helps the plot in any way?

3 hours ago, baked said:

everyone HAS to know crybaby was a 420blazer :rip:

I'm pretty sure the past lives conversation was supposed to be Portals foreshadowing (along with the whole Lilith thing) but she just had awkward writing with the AHS reference and then diving into a tangent about weed

:monicker:

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina