Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Hmmmm what is the word she’s saying? No one can leave once they merge?

The background sounds are a little Cry Baby esque :awkney:

but it sounds interesting…

If that's actually what she's saying then could the theory that was mentioned about elita and her merging be true :hdu:

2 hours ago, CoochieSwirlC said:

Please don’t tell me she scrapped songs like N&T, Garden, Sirens, or Fingers Crossed for shit like this lol

I fear this is the case unfortunately :defeated::crai:

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

Okay I lowkey like the production of the track 6 snippet but the melody sounds corny af, going to dare saying as corny as Wheels on the Bus :bebe: like I think it could've been way stronger than this. Hope the full song has better parts but who knows.

She should just drop a single rather than snippet-teasing the whole fucking album once again :facepalm: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

EDIT: She posted the lyric it's no one can leave once they merge so close enough 

All I hear is "one can't leave once they merge" but the full sounds like "they know that one can't leave once they merge" it's so hard to understand her 😭

Also not this 😭

Mels latest insta post....

I also wanna say that I think since we have such strong demos (n+t etc) we have such high expectations for the album so we're pre disposed to thinking anything that's not that is bad, but at the same time this new snippet is actually sounding very dated and just not it. 

Hey — here's a photo from that set!

GqPuiRX.png

She actually looks cute IMO. I don't mind the mask as much anymore

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

okay now i officially hate the four eyed creature thing :bebe: 

is she gonna preform at concerts as this creature :xgiggle::awkney: 

i like it it would just be super fucking funny to me 

now I understand - the mask makes her lowkey look like a cat (particularly the nose/mouth area) and i have a bad relationship with cats so probably it's that

1 minute ago, baked said:

is she gonna preform at concerts as this creature :xgiggle::awkney: 

i bet she would, it wouldn't surprise me if she just appears with the mask and all while on tour for this album. phew, I just know she won't come to my country BUT if she does AND she uses the mask i'm out :xgiggle: 

I really love the idea of the creature but I'm no longer afraid to admit that these prosthetics look goofy outside of the stills. We've seen enough to judge it by now.

I know she's in her experimental phase, but I really don't want to have another one of these "look at what we could've had if she wouldn't have scrapped everything good" eras. The weirdness stops being cute after a certain point and becomes just plain weird.

track 6 def produced by suburban,,

while i dont hate his sound i really hope this is the only track on this record that sounds like that

we already have hive and dolls ep

Can I just say the aesthetic is so good. I wish she would didn’t have the mask on in every photo/video, but it does add to the vibe. It’s giving forest fairy, weird creature, dreamy nature land, etc. The visuals are truly beautiful :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

20 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Also not this 😭

Mels latest insta post....

I also wanna say that I think since we have such strong demos (n+t etc) we have such high expectations for the album so we're pre disposed to thinking anything that's not that is bad, but at the same time this new snippet is actually sounding very dated and just not it. 

We should have high expectations because we know how strong her song writing can be, but yet somehow her own team’s shitty security ends up getting these songs leaked and instead of just releasing the good music that got leaked, we get this Albatrosz sounding track :crossed: (or she’s just so stuck in these themed albums, and doesn’t want to release some amazing tracks because they don’t fit this four eyed cat aesthetic ) :air:

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

12 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

We should have high expectations because we know how strong her song writing can be, but yet somehow her own team’s shitty security ends up getting these songs leaked and instead of just releasing the good music that got leaked, we get this Albatrosz sounding track :crossed: (or she’s just so stuck in these themed albums, and doesn’t want to release some amazing tracks because they don’t fit this four eyed cat aesthetic:air:

RIGHT? If they don't fit, she should just drop them as standalone singles around the album's era instead of letting them to rot in her drive :cryney2: