Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, eggciting said:

omgggg i love this new void, i just really wish she had someone to co-produce with her so it doesn't sound as... raw idk

Ur right, to me it sounds good but the rest of the songs so far sound a little more… polished, so I don’t know how it will disrupt the whole vibe…

if she wanted to go garageband she could have gone all the way and make the whole record that way, but I don’t see Void and TV side by side for example… sounds like they belong in two different albums! 

55 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

We need the tracklist maaam :tommy:

considering there’s already two songs with the same name as leaked demos i think it would only do more damage :rip: imagine if there’s a new song called Sirens and people get excited for nothing

8 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

considering there’s already two songs with the same name as leaked demos i think it would only do more damage :rip: imagine if there’s a new song called Sirens and people get excited for nothing

the collapse 

25 minutes ago, 13 Bitches said:

If that kind of disappointment is enough to deter people from buying the album then… idk :crossed: but I'm still keeping both CD and vinyl pre order

lowkey I'm here for the dual album - disc 1: the leaked version, and disc 2: the official version, full of new songs sharing their titles with their leaked counterparts - Void, Death, Sirens, Dragon's Blood, Garden, Fingers Crossed, Needle & Thread, Færie Soirée... :true: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

9 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

lowkey I'm here for the dual album - disc 1: the leaked version, and disc 2: the official version, full of new songs sharing their titles with their leaked counterparts - Void, Death, Sirens, Dragon's Blood, Garden, Fingers Crossed, Needle & Thread, Færie Soirée... :true: 

I would definitely buy that :agree:

On 3/3/2023 at 2:39 PM, Glitter Boy said:

If so, I bet she just remade the album last year, making songs with the same names (i.e. Death) just to troll us :thumb2: 

That's not what's happening, Melanie knew specific titles in advance that she wanted on the album and would fit the story - so she was writing songs of the same names, before anything from Portals sessions leaked. I guess she wasn't satisfied with the originals.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

3 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

That's not what's happening, Melanie knew specific titles in advance that she wanted on the album and would fit the story - so she was writing songs of the same names, before anything from Portals sessions leaked. I guess she wasn't satisfied with the originals.

How could you NOT be satisfied with them (the fan favs of the leaks)??? :shock:

22 hours ago, Gravitate said:

New snippet of the track. Wrote and produced by Melanie :wowcry:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpVzTobDgEp/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

her vocals are awful and the production is very meh. fell off after k-12, even though the bakery was kinda good

11 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

when there’s a song called Labyrinth better than both versions we have :oprah4:

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

her vocals are awful and the production is very meh. fell off after k-12, even though the bakery was kinda good

Please I beg you, clean your ears. You're suffering :trisha:

At this point I’m going to assume Void was reworked heavily, Sirens was reworked lyrically (could have a different name), and Tunnel Vision exists in somewhat of a similar format, who knows what the lyrics are. Maybe that’s the one she kept as/is (fingers crossed).

Losing hope for Needle and Thread, as I’m thinking it may not fit with the vibe of the album, which is a shame because it’s one of the best. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

Leeches surrounded, conscience is throbbing
They can't sleep at night, hold their pillows tight
Caught in the rivers of the tears that I cried
Bountiful harvest, they flock to my garden
Push their way inside, I go run and hide
They lift all the covers, pull me into their side

leeches fits the album theme i'm sure, but probably didn't made the cut :crai:

It took me a bit, but i'm really vibing with "The Void". and i think the production sounds really cool actually... Almost a little Stained Glass by Madison/Tame Impala influence? 

Spoiler

And yes, maybe i do think its better than the original Void (2020 demo) :hooker:  they're similar lyrically which I love

If anyone was curious, Melanie produced the first demo of Emerald herself... which is why it sounds a bit rougher than the others. it's just a country pop loop ala Kacey musgraves and raw vocals, that K&OL reproduced. I think she produced a couple other rough demos that never made it to the internet... Moon Cycle maybe? Don't shoot me if im wrong. Anyways, what im trying to say is Melanie has already shown a lot of growth as a producer if you compare the demo of Emerald to "The Void" snippet, and we should be supportive of ha

2 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Losing hope for Needle and Thread, as I’m thinking it may not fit with the vibe of the album, which is a shame because it’s one of the best. 

I always felt like Needle & Thread sounded like something Melanie would choose for a closing track. It has a sort of "resolution" vibe. Maybe there's still hope? 

4 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

What do you mean? By name or something?

I think she says "Im about to jump in a portal right now" just while they were testing random things out
My friend is using the sessions to build a Melanie Vocal AI and sent me a clip of it

41 minutes ago, misslonaxo said:

I think she says "Im about to jump in a portal right now" just while they were testing random things out
My friend is using the sessions to build a Melanie Vocal AI and sent me a clip of it

and the Portals lore begins solidification!