Gangster Bitch

Lana Confessions

I think her feet are disgusting, they're huge. I think that about her hands too, they're gross. It's like her hands are bigger than her head.

The first times I saw her, I thought she was really ugly. I didn't even watch her video clips because I found her unpleasing to watch. She was a weird Nicole Kidman look-a-like, I thought her lips make her look stupid. Only her voice attracted me at first.

Now I think she's so beautiful, charismatic, and I love her lips even when they look weird it makes every picture interesting.

I also saw Lana Del Rey in La Boite à Questions (it's very popular in France) before listening to her music and by the way she was answering to the questions I thought she looked sooo stupid. 

The second time she went to the Grand Journal, after saying "blablabla love Paris France I feel home here blablabla" she was asked if she knows some words in French ... she couldn't even find a single fucking one. Rude.

I don't believe that she lived in a trailer park though I did before. It disappoints me tbh, it's extremely disrespectful to pretend being poor just to seem more interesting when your dad's a millionaire and you have no idea what it is to have no money. 

I don't like Young&Beautiful (it's ok to listen to it like 5 seconds, that's it) and just her new stuff. I think Burning Desire and Blue Velvet (though she sounds great in it) have no soul and are too commercial. Her Born to Die era was perfect to me, it was the perfect mix of everything I kinda always wanted to hear (the "epic" feeling, Nabokov references, Bonnie and Clyde stuff, ...). 

Lana didn't understand at all Lolita by Nabokov. To me, it's a story about the power of words and how you have to dig yourself and look beyond what the narrator tells you not being all "omg luv story".

SCARFACE2371.png

I love Lana !

What I'm talking about are my first impressions ! Now I like her funny side, when she pulled up her dress, that stuff.

I love watching her, I found her beautiful not long after starting to get really into her music and she's truly charismatic.

For the Lolita references & the trailer park story I'm not hating her for that, it's just something I don't like thinking about because I'm not "proud" as a fan of that. I'm not a blind follower, that's it.

Musically, I think Lana Del Rey is the artist I've been waiting for, and gooosh I love her voice. 

SCARFACE2371.png

Lana didn't understand at all Lolita by Nabokov. To me, it's a story about the power of words and how you have to dig yourself and look beyond what the narrator tells you not being all "omg luv story".

That's a pretty bold statement, since (as far as I'm aware) she never discussed her views on Lolita, the book. We all know she has quite a few daddy issues, loves power & age play in relationships & is fascinated with the whole lolita aesthetic, so she probably just cherry picked the elements that fit those themes the best. That doesn't necessarily mean her understanding of the book doesn't go any deeper than that though.

The second time she went to the Grand Journal, after saying "blablabla love Paris France I feel home here blablabla" she was asked if she knows some words in French ... she couldn't even find a single fucking one. Rude.

LMAO! So some stereotypes really do apply after all?! I mean, only the French would feel offended because a foreigner doesn't speak their language! :P :troll:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

@@Philomene , either you misunderstood Lolita, or you misunderstand Lana's songs

Lana's songs that contain Lolita references aren't at all implying that's it's an "omg luv story"

One example:

- "Light of my life, fire of my loins

Be a good baby, do what I want" relating to either Herbert's desire to dominate Dolores, or the constant turbulent power dynamics between H and D (H: "be a good baby" H: "do what I want!" would be an imagined conversation)

That's a pretty bold statement, since (as far as I'm aware) she never discussed her views on Lolita, the book. We all know she has quite a few daddy issues, loves power & age play in relationships & is fascinated with the whole lolita aesthetic, so she probably just cherry picked the elements that fit those themes the best. That doesn't necessarily mean her understanding of the book doesn't go any deeper than that though.

LMAO! So some stereotypes really do apply after all?! I mean, only the French would feel offended because a foreigner doesn't speak their language! :P :troll:

The Lolita story is very dark. I don't think that if you truly understood the essence of the book you can play that much with its theme. 

She wasn't alone that day. The other guys around her found something to say, even not much like "Hello". I found it ugly because just seconds before she was all like "luv France omg". I didn't want her "speaking my language". And I wasn't even born in France, I know tons and tons of foreign people that have struggle with French so thanks for not judging me in advance.  :byeh8rs:

I don't wanna get into a scandal or anything and I'm too fucking lazy to write pages and pages of arguments.  :kiss:

SCARFACE2371.png

The Lolita story is very dark. I don't think that if you truly understood the essence of the book you can play that much with its theme. 

What I gather from this is - you think Lolita's story & moral conclusion are far too dark and disturbing for someone to mention the book lightly & 'play with it' unless they didn't get it. I personally think you'd be surprised, but ~opinions.

And OMG the French stereotype thing was just a joke; it exists & I made fun of it because ~obviously. Don't kill me, people. :deadbanana:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

What I gather from this is - you think Lolita's story & moral conclusion are far too dark and disturbing for someone to mention the book lightly & 'play with it' unless they didn't get it. I personally think you'd be surprised, but ~opinions.

And OMG the French stereotype thing was just a joke; it exists & it I made fun of it because ~obviously. Don't kill me, people. :deadbanana:

Kind of yes, i don't know many people that understood the book tbh and none of her songs really talked about this ~dark side. 

SCARFACE2371.png

And OMG the French stereotype thing was just a joke; it exists & I made fun of it because ~obviously. Don't kill me, people. :deadbanana:

:judgingu2:

I was referencing to her message not yours, I know it's a joke haha. :kiss:

Well I live in Quebec, like French Canada, and I gotta say the French are very sensitive about their language. I mean I lived in Greece for like 10 years and even though I found nationalism to be deeply ingrained in most people there, I not once ever witnessed any language issues.

Actually my english teacher in HS had us read the novel and in the end described it as a tragic love story (there are a l0t of interpretations). In the end of the novel after pregnant Dolores rejects Humbert for the last time, he sees children playing freely and innocently on a playground, and realizes that he loved Lo more than anyone would ever know and would have done anything to be with her and only her, but that their relationship was broken and they could never be together happily (Lana and K, anyone??). Idk it's been a while so this might not all be 100% but Nabokov writes beautifully in that scene and Humbert's feelings towards Lo there can only be described as true love, regardless of its dark nature in that setting

I think Lana not only understands the book perfectly but captures the most fitting interpretation of it for BTD

:hooker:

OT: Lana's arms really bother me  :ohno:

tumblr_pinn5thM7y1y0ns5so1_400.gif

The ending is moving for sure but you can also see it as just another way of Humbert to gain sympathy from the jury because he wrote it himself.

And I'm laughing so hard that you picture me as a French nationalist cause I'm exactly the opposite and I fight them. 

Anyway, here it's Lana confessions not Lana flagellations.  :judgingu:  :grinds:  :whitney:  :hottie:

SCARFACE2371.png

Philomene, If your last comment about French nationalist thing was @ me honestly that's not what I meant. Was just commenting on something I find weird and don't understand. Like I find Greeks to be a lot more nationalist than French people here in Quebec but the language thing is only ever an issue among their own. Like I prefer English but some Greeks are like "speak Greek!wtf is wrong with you!

Where as some french people here don't care if you just arrived from Space, they still expect you to speak french fluently or they'll just ignore you to hell.

It really bothers me she claims she wrote the song for "The Great Gatsby" when we know she announced the song for Paradise as "Will You Still Love Me When I'm No Longer Young And Beautiful," along with "In The Land Of Gods And Monsters" and "I Sing The Body Electric." I don't mind that it went towards the film at all and I know that they have to say she wrote it for the film to get dem awards, but it still bugs me.

We know nothing of the sort :sideeye: