Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

@hanginatrubytuesdays post 444

The new album will be Chapter 6 (Paradise is separate chapter)

it follows in progression

chapter 1 early

chapter 2 born

chapter 3 paradise

chapter 4 ultraviolence

chapter 5 honeymoon

chapter 6

without the first 5 chapters, there wouldn't be a sixth

and no writer repeats a chapter earlier written

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Oh, and I'm really afraid that it's going to be a commercial-pop album with no meaning, just songs that have been made just to be played on the radio and to make her sell more than she did w/ the last two albums. 

out of all the worst case scenarios this is probably the least likely to happen. 

i76mrxw.png 

It would be even more refreshing if she ditched the bad "california themed" music though  :makeup:

I mean, I disagree. Honeymoon was her only "Californian" album and I think that she could continue it, and probably will since she said that it's kind of the same aesthetic. Californian to me just means chill and kind of slower paced, and that's the kind of music I like. It's just all the gays wanting more pop and hip hop.

Let's hope that she uses the '60s-'70s importance on politics as a source of inspiration. Even music-wise, we have pretty good stuff from those decades 

The most she would do is make a song titled peace  :creep:

chapter 1 early

chapter 2 born

chapter 3 paradise

chapter 4 ultraviolence

chapter 5 honeymoon

chapter 6

I don't know where you come up with this but 

I will just say that the story starts at btd not her unreleased work. Mind you I am talking about her story progression with her work as LDR. 

I mean, I disagree. Honeymoon was her only "Californian" album and I think that she could continue it, and probably will since she said that it's kind of the same aesthetic. Californian to me just means chill and kind of slower paced, and that's the kind of music I like. It's just all the gays wanting more pop and hip hop.

my new lb friend i see  :creep:

Oh, and I'm really afraid that it's going to be a commercial-pop album with no meaning, just songs that have been made just to be played on the radio and to make her sell more than she did w/ the last two albums. 

I really don't think this will happen. I mean, out of all her albums, not a single one has been "commercial pop" or "made just to be played on the radio", so there's no way LDR5 will be any different in that regard.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I've always wanted to see a 'making of' video on how the recording process of some of her songs is, like some of the artists do (Jon Bellion did for 'All Time Low' and Lady Gaga did for 'Million Reason', documentary style). I mean we always speculate how a certain song might have had been done but I wanna know how she works in a studio like did she record certain parts (bridge/verses/chorus) seperately or in one go, in how many takes, or how were the strings or beats or backing vocals added, how she behaves & guides the producer & sound engineers & gives notes about her vision, et cectra.

I bet she prefers to keep it all a mystery & choses to feed us the final product.. but it would be interesting to get a glimpse of the creative process that remains behind the curtains

It's sad that the fans ever get to see the found footage of the creative process after the artist is dead (for example Amy Winehouse or Nirvana documentaries).

My worst fear is that it'll be incredibly commercial and pop-y. It's a personal opinion as I'm not too hardcore into that genre. I am seriously dying for a surf/70's soft rock-pop vibe. large.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

chapter 1 early

chapter 2 born

chapter 3 paradise

chapter 4 ultraviolence

chapter 5 honeymoon

chapter 6

I don't count AKA since she went by Lana Del Ray. We're talking about Lana Del Rey.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I don't count AKA since she went by Lana Del Ray. We're talking about Lana Del Rey.

I agree, this era is not a part of the LDR material. The sound is different and if Lana wanted the album to be part of her official discography she'd have rereleased it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Does anyone think her new album will feature a collab?

I think she should do a collab with:

1. Father John Misty

2. Hope Sandoval (from Mazzy Star)

3. Elizabeth Fraser (of Cocteau Twins)

4. Marina and the Diamonds (c'mon, were ALL dying for this)

5. Bob Dylan

6. Alice Cooper

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Does anyone think her new album will feature a collab?

I think she should do a collab with:

1. Father John Misty

2. Hope Sandoval (from Mazzy Star)

3. Elizabeth Fraser (of Cocteau Twins)

4. Marina and the Diamonds (c'mon, were ALL dying for this)

5. Bob Dylan

6. Alice Cooper

If she collabs with that guy, I'm unstanning.  :judgingu:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Lol why?

I can't stand his music and I think he's kinda overrated. If somebody likes him, fine, but I definitely don't want him on my favorite artist's album. (I don't want any collabs on a Lana Del Rey album in general.)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif