Hot summer lover, sippin jack d like water

Lost in the psychedelic stars of the night sky

But I'm not high anymore

Not f'ing blind anymore

WE WERE…

retta-side-eyeing.gif?w=620&h=347&crop=1

animation1.gif

I YELLED.  :eartha: :eartha: :eartha:

oh my god if i made a post every time i stayed at a stranger's house.. :toofunny: @Sitar watch ur back for the new #1 poster :deadbanana:

But BTD (as an album) sh!ts on almost all her other albums lyrically??  :um2:

I'm really hoping LDR5 will be on the same level as BTD for lyrics + storytelling. 

100 % agree.

first of all. hi 

second, btd was the basic lana because of the lyrics, cliches, pop, bad boy with good girl. but unique vintage imagery and sound.

third, commercial because her label and lana wanted the album to have heavy promotion and hits so that they would establish and image for Lana Del Rey!, so that in later years as now she would have to to the same ammount of promo because she would already have an image in the mainstream catalogue and a determined public (all of us   :D  :P ) that would always listen to her material no matter what! :)

fourth, basic and commercial are not bad things btw, they are just the "basics" to establish Lana in the music industry and scene ;)

I understand if you are not a fan of the musical style/production. However, the lyrics, if you take the whole album into consideration, are definitely some of the best she has ever written. I also wouldn't call it commercial, because you have to remember that at the time Born To Die was released, there was absolutely nothing like it. This was before artists like Lorde, Halsey etc. were around, and the sound of Born To Die was completely new and unique, meaning that because it wasn't following any trends, it could as well have flopped. I do have to admit, though, that Born To Die is easier to listen to and to "get into" than Ultraviolence or Honeymoon.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I know he loved it when I'd whisper in his ear

The way I'd get down in the sand- sun tan, sundress

But I'm not high anymore

Not f'ing blind anymore

WE WERE…

Chained To The Rhythm

I know he loved it when I'd whisper in his ear

The way I'd get down in the sand- sun tan, sundress

But I'm not high anymore

Not f'ing blind anymore

WE WERE…

Hi, stop posting random shit wtf

Love, a mod

From this song and UV Lana's become an artist with a strong identity, not only an empty pop star like all the others. And this is the reason why i'm started to follow her.

not really Born To Die her debut established her image as a musician and writer, if it wasn't for the hits that her debut had, she would be the Lana Del Rey that we all know by now.

100 % agree.

I understand if you are not a fan of the musical style/production. However, the lyrics, if you take the whole album into consideration, are definitely some of the best she has ever written. I also wouldn't call it commercial, because you have to remember that at the time Born To Die was released, there was absolutely nothing like it. This was before artists like Lorde, Halsey etc. were around, and the sound of Born To Die was completely new and unique, meaning that because it wasn't following any trends, it could as well have flopped. I do have to admit, though, that Born To Die is easier to listen to and to "get into" than Ultraviolence or Honeymoon.

agree, may i reconsider what i said about btd CAUSE BORN TO DIE A A BOP ALBUM ! ;-)

i will love you until the end of time.

I want Ultraviolence 2.0 yall can judge and h8 me as much as you want I do not give a shït. I want a prequel or sequel to UV I want more of the narco swing more of the joy I felt when I listened to it for the first time and thought I never would be able to hear something as good as it was. I was relistening to it last week for my uni project and it's true I'm always extra with how much I love it purely out of dumb reaction to people saying BTD or HM is better but I fück you not this album is honestly the best thing that has happened to me and it's really more than just music, it's just that the music resumes everything the concept and vibe is about, and if I could dream of having even just 0.1% of this feeling again on the new album, I would be satisfied. 

ZKcaooE.png