Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I think Lana likes to keep themes up so I will be surprised if there isn't an album trailer, an interlude on the album and a cover as the final track.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Tbh I think honeymoon was really beautiful, but I wish there was more rise and fall, like parts where the music swelled and it allowed the words to have more impact. Also, after hearing what someone wrote about how her choruses have gotten less complex I can't stop comparing-- I hope even if it's in the same aesthetic she takes some time to flesh out her choruses and allows those to have meaning as well as the verses. 

Yeah, I hope the instrumental is more engaging. Even the strings in the background during the last chorus of Radio is so enjoyable

Tbh I think honeymoon was really beautiful, but I wish there was more rise and fall, like parts where the music swelled and it allowed the words to have more impact. Also, after hearing what someone wrote about how her choruses have gotten less complex I can't stop comparing-- I hope even if it's in the same aesthetic she takes some time to flesh out her choruses and allows those to have meaning as well as the verses.

Totally agree. Fortunately, she actualy stated that although it's sorta in the same aethetic, it's in a different direction and has a clarity of inner diologue. So maybe it'll be like a better version lf 'Honeymoon'.

Yeah, I hope the instrumental is more engaging. Even the strings in the background during the last chorus of Radio is so enjoyable

What's the problem with the instruments on HM? It's very beautiful, especially these combinations of several different instruments.

Totally agree. Fortunately, she actualy stated that although it's sorta in the same aethetic, it's in a different direction and has a clarity of inner diologue. So maybe it'll be like a better version lf 'Honeymoon'.

I love HM, but I would love to see her doing something different, I mean, new aesthetic, new lyrics, etc.... I wouldn't like to see more of the same or a "better version of HM", you know?

I feel like she has to be in a dark mood to be lyrically creative.

I look at Lana Del Ray as her most lyrically creative venture and she recalled in an interview in Galore magazine that making that initial album (and writing it) in 2007 with Steven Mertens was her happiest time in New York.

Obviously you have tracks like Black Beauty, which is one of the stand-outs of post-Born to die and that is in fact very dark and a reflection of a sad and depressive state but I would hope that she's kind of in a happier space and that translates into the lyrical content of the new album. She's definitely already shown another side of herself with Stargirl Interlude and she's had a pretty cool attitude on instagram posts the entire time since Honeymoon has been out so I hope it's a little less heavy.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i guess what i mean is BTD is the "final hour" of life, the rush, the death- i know Paradise is interpreted as heaven but to me it's purgatory (ie. themes of hell/heaven, sin/innocence) or travelling through the afterlife. the fork in the road. UV is the left path, down to hell and all its desire, blaring with guitars and drums and fire. HM is the right path, up to heaven, up to a consistent dream, and reflection upon your sins and being forgiven. i hope LDR5 perhaps continues this by being the Rebirth of LDR ("solve et coagula", Young and in Love, descriptions of being in the same vein as HM but more "radio-friendly"- maybe Lana taking her lessons from BTD->HM into her new life and redoing it all over how she should have done it?)

i'm just rambling now :toofunny:

this is a lovely analysis, i'd love to hear more

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

i guess what i mean is BTD is the "final hour" of life, the rush, the death- i know Paradise is interpreted as heaven but to me it's purgatory (ie. themes of hell/heaven, sin/innocence) or travelling through the afterlife. the fork in the road. UV is the left path, down to hell and all its desire, blaring with guitars and drums and fire. HM is the right path, up to heaven, up to a consistent dream, and reflection upon your sins and being forgiven. i hope LDR5 perhaps continues this by being the Rebirth of LDR ("solve et coagula", Young and in Love, descriptions of being in the same vein as HM but more "radio-friendly"- maybe Lana taking her lessons from BTD->HM into her new life and redoing it all over how she should have done it?)

i fucking love this  :pray2:  :oprah:

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

@Miribel reply #162- a  newbee poster with a couple of posts- with the most presumptious strawman non-sequitur I have ever in my life seen

Most REAL Lana fans love Honeymoon

But then Brian Wilson took to his own facebook page to tell the ones who only wanted him to rehash the early Beach Boy Surfing music of the early to mid 1960s

where to go.

If people want to hear Born to Die, well, go to the streaming places that count for chart positions, and stream the ^&*( out of it

@@Elle  Have you noticed the proliferation of new posters almost every single post is 100% negative against Lana.

Can you check to see these are not socks of posters you banned.

After all, how in the world would someone even want to come to this board out of nowhere to post negatives against Lana?

No real fan or supporter would do so

Makes no logical sense

Please @@Elle put in a 100 post minimum for any new poster to have their post appear on the board, moderators have that ability.

And like agitators in the crowd at Kent State, one of whom yelled Fire, once one agitator throws something, a pile-on occurs.

AMEN. 

i'm not against discussion/even disapproval of Lana's work/promotion habits, but after a certain point it's like if you dislike every facet of her work so much, why are you on here...

these naysayers (leaked_version excluded bc their comments were valid) are just trolls. "agitators", as the always eloquent graham would say <3 

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

i love you??????? yes i do

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u