Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I hope she does something cute this era, like the Honeymoon Hotline. I hope it's kinda like if you preorder the album, you could get a lithograph sent to you every week (or so) leading up to the release. They could even include names of the songs and we not know the whole album until the final week. 

I love this idea, although it would probably be way too expensive to send out lithographs every week. But still, I really hope she will build hype between the announcement and the release of the album.

Imagine a couple videos like these that give some insight into the process of creating the record.  :flutter:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

List of songs I think she should cover (keep in mind, she'll probably sing these songs in her own style):

Zombie - The Cranberries

Lover, You Should've Come Over - Jeff Buckley

Doll Parts - Hole

These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra

In Dreams - Roy Orbinson

Valerie - Amy Winehouse

Don't Speak - No Doubt

Beautiful - The Smashing Pumpkins

You Don't Own Me - Lesley Gore

Dreamer's Bay - Patience and Prudence

Every time - Britney Spears

Lucky - Britney Spears

lana could probably do a mean beautiful cover

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

My first post here. I'm not sure how to express my thoughts. My English is rusty, bare (oops bear!) with me. I see Lana evolving, maturing and she seems in peace with life now, so to speak. I'd like an album of hope and wisdom. I want to feel she's strong and in charge, with her trademark sweetness and gentleness. I'd like her to show that it's possible to be an idealist and be happy being in the reality. Somehow, I'd like her to kill her inner princess; she's the only one who can save herself. 

As a cover, I could imagine her singing Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins. I love the simplicity and the power of the lyrics. It would feel like she's talking directly to me and I'd like to hear those words from her mouth. 

Here's a live performance. I'd really like to find it in HD. I prefer this VMA performance than the studio version. 

My first post here. I'm not sure how to express my thoughts. My English is rusty, bare (oops bear!) with me. I see Lana evolving, maturing and she seems in peace with life now, so to speak. I'd like an album of hope and wisdom. I want to feel she's strong and in charge, with her trademark sweetness and gentleness. I'd like her to show that it's possible to be an idealist and be happy being in the reality. Somehow, I'd like her to kill her inner princess; she's the only one who can save herself. 

As a cover, I could imagine her singing Tonight Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins. I love the simplicity and the power of the lyrics. It would feel like she's talking directly to me and I'd like to hear those words from her mouth. 

Here's a live performance. I'd really like to find it in HD. I prefer this VMA performance than the studio version. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlxuOAMLAf8

I'm a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan and this one is truly beautiful. I think Lana could do a real good job with this one. The album version of this song has a nice string arrangement so I wouldn't say it's too far from Lana's sound. ❤️

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

if lana covered any smashing pumpkins song i'd cry

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Pointless discussion about random songs you love and Lana should cover of course (cause you love them but will never happen) going on for pages.

Guys, just buy a cover album from somebody.

I really like Lana Del Rey. I hope she does her OWN SONGS ONLY.

Can we move on now?

Does anyone else think Lana's album cover will feature her in a car? Look at BTD, UV and Honeymoon, all album covers feature a car. Random thought but yah...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Does anyone else think Lana's album cover will feature her in a car? Look at BTD, UV and Honeymoon, all album covers feature a car. Random thought but yah...

Born to die she was standing outside the car

Ultraviolence she was getting in the car (or getting out, whatever)

Honeymoon she finally got in the damn car

So for LDR5, i'm expecting to see her ass driving the damn thing

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

How? Did you listen to some snippets :biblio:

Just from the title rumours, "Young And In Love", her style recently, I dunno. It's just kind of a feeling. Although the music video screenshot(s) remind me a lot of the honeymoon music video, even though they're just basically of her face.

I'm having a hard time imagining what it will sound like based on the descriptions, but I feel like the vibes will be very chill and Californian. I like that she described it as a clarity of inner dialogue because that means it was inspired and not just forced. And I think that the wait will pay off in the end, even though it does seem like she's taking forever. I'm excited for this new era.  :oprah3:

Born to die she was standing outside the car

Ultraviolence she was getting in the car (or getting out, whatever)

Honeymoon she finally got in the damn car

So for LDR5, i'm expecting to see her ass driving the damn thing

you might have meant this in a joking way but considering what every past album cover has been its really really likely that shell be driving a car on the cover... bookmarked

pNjWdpc.png

What if she decided to dump the iconic font and motifs she does for every album cover. :eek: The meltdowns would be funny af but honestly it would be so very refreshing. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

you might have meant this in a joking way but considering what every past album cover has been its really really likely that shell be driving a car on the cover... bookmarked

what if she gets hit by the car and thats the cover

What if she decided to dump the iconic font and motifs she does for every album cover. :eek: The meltdowns would be funny af but honestly it would be so very refreshing. 

I would be the one having the meltdown about the iconic font. 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif