Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Okay so i have two random questions, you know how lana said she'd been sober for years, then how come she's drinking jack daniels whiskey in her Kinda Outta Luck video? Or is it just like water or something? Because if it is then that's hilarious lol.

And another question, at home does her family like call her lana or lizzy? Cus she hasn't legally changed her name to lana so i'm just curious

in an interview she said everyone calls her Lana except for her mom. She hates being called Lizzy

giphy.gif

Does anyone think her new album will feature a collab?

I think she should do a collab with:

1. Father John Misty

2. Hope Sandoval (from Mazzy Star)

3. Elizabeth Fraser (of Cocteau Twins)

4. Marina and the Diamonds (c'mon, were ALL dying for this)

5. Bob Dylan

6. Alice Cooper 

:flutter: A collab with Beth Gibbons would be amazing too

1. Father John Misty

5. Bob Dylan

6. Alice Cooper

I would DIE if she did a collar with Marina. I have actually imagined this so much, it would be perfect.

I think it is unlikely, but a girl can dream!

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Can you link me to that playlist?

After an update they made like 2 years ago I think it disappeared, like when they merged the different types of profiles... There is still this little playlist she made for a magazine around the same time : http://www.thebeatjuice.com/2011/11/22/lana-del-rey-top-eleven/

but it is a lot shorter and classic 2011 Lana

in an interview she said everyone calls her Lana except for her mom. She hates being called Lizzy

if this is true, that's so bizarre... i make music under a different and if i got so famous that the world knew me by that name, it would still be really weird for my family and friends to call me by it. How impersonal

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

In my view LDR5 will be the ultimate test if Lana can morph in a true quality artist. She has 0 commercial appeal left, she and her label knows that and even her non-delusional fans know that. Probably, the forthcoming "era" will not have any serious promo and the videos will be in the same halfhearted, amateurish style that she adopted starting with the UV era.

BTD+Paradise was a provocative era on all levels: sonically, visually, she had some controversial messages, with a clear pop appeal, UV was a good shot at the quality artist status with a cohesive sound and message (yes UV had a message in my view it was her response to her detractors), but HM was a botched attempt to continue that trend: HM has a boring sound, visuals and there was no message (the lyrical content is forgettable). So LDR5 will be about her capacity to convey a message and put it consistently in a lyrical context and music which any quality artist do. But after following her for 4 years I don't have high hopes of something interesting coming out with LDR5, I think that it will be more like a continuation of the HM era

no offense but you're rude and annoying :bye2:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

ive loved both lana and marina for years (in fact i started listening to marina before i ever listened to lana and liked her more at one point) but i dont really want them to collab because all those "2012 tumblr indie girl who takes polaroid pics of her thigh gap while wearing converse" will crawl out of the woodworks

but maybe its just cause that was me at one point

pNjWdpc.png

ive loved both lana and marina for years (in fact i started listening to marina before i ever listened to lana and liked her more at one point) but i dont really want them to collab because all those "2012 tumblr indie girl who takes polaroid pics of her thigh gap while wearing converse" will crawl out of the woodworks

but maybe its just cause that was me at one point

I don't even think their voices would match. All female collabs aren't usually that good, maybe they could just write something together.

giphy.gif

I don't even think their voices would match. All female collabs aren't usually that good, maybe they could just write something together.

Marina and the Diamonds - I'm Not Hungry Anymore (Ft. Lana Del Rey)

I can't stand his music and I think he's kinda overrated. If somebody likes him, fine, but I definitely don't want him on my favorite artist's album. (I don't want any collabs on a Lana Del Rey album in general.)

I think he's the only person I could see her actually collabing with of all the people that get thrown around. Their voices would actually sound beautiful together. I know you say he's overrated and that's a fine opinion but most of his music actually sounds nice even if you don't like his persona, and I could see her dueting with him on songs like hollywood cemetary sings, when you're smiling and astride me, strange encounter, I went to the store one day etc. I think he has similar inspirations to lana and they worked together on the freak (UV) video and it was amazing. Lol but if you don't like his music there's kinda no changing that i just think they're more similar than people might initially think

1. Father John Misty

5. Bob Dylan

6. Alice Cooper

7.  Duet with Nick Cave  :hdu:

if this is true, that's so bizarre... i make music under a different and if i got so famous that the world knew me by that name, it would still be really weird for my family and friends to call me by it. How impersonal

I think her family probably sees it more as a nickname, like "Caroline" becoming Chuck. Plus she's been developing it since 2008 or so, I would bet its more than an artist name to her. Imagine how many of the men in her life she's introduced herself to as Lana alone

I hope Chained to the Snooze flops so that EDM queen Lana Del Ray gets Young and in Love ft. The Chainsmokers n°1 worldwide !

You really shouldn't diss that song the lyrics and message behind the track is truly amazing. It's so important to understand how controlled we are these days. Just because Lana Del Rey is my favorite artist doesn't mean I'm gonna bash other artists. I think you should too.

You really shouldn't diss that song the lyrics and message behind the track is truly amazing. It's so important to understand how controlled we are these days. Just because Lana Del Rey is my favorite artist doesn't mean I'm gonna bash other artists. I think you should too.

The song honestly sucks and the lyrics are lackluster and flow not well at all.

OT:

At thisbpoint, I think we'd be lucky if we get YAIL in March… 

image.png

Kudos to Katy for intercorporating subtle subversive lyrics, but it doesnt change the fact the song sounds just bad and tired.