Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

If this :) releases in may/june again i will pull my hair out due to the combined stress of exams, general summer passion and drama, the heat in my :) room, and the new album. seriously my room burns up during the summer

the last time this happened was 2014, though i wasnt nearly as inundated with exams, but there was so much EMOTION that summer, so UV was another highlight of the year and made 2014 even more legendary  :flutter:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

some of these descriptions of yail being radio friendly are a tad bit worrying to me for reasons i cant put my finger on... maybe its cause we had uv then hm and they werent pop at all so we expected her not to go in the radio friendly direction again ...?

i have the suspicion that all of the major speculation about ldr5's sound are gonna turn out to be so wrong

pNjWdpc.png

some of these descriptions of yail being radio friendly are a tad bit worrying to me for reasons i cant put my finger on... maybe its cause we had uv then hm and they werent pop at all so we expected her not to go in the radio friendly direction again ...?

i have the suspicion that all of the major speculation about ldr5's sound are gonna turn out to be so wrong.

Pop?  :um: I think people just think it's going to be radio friendly because the snippet is cinematic, but it's definitely not pop. She wouldn't do pop anyway.

"I'm very selfish. I make everything for me, kind of. I mean, every little thing, down to the guitar and the drums. It's just for me… I don't want them to hear it and think about it. It's none of their business!" - Rolling Stone, 2014.

Stop pretending that Lana is preparing a radio friendly song. I know this thread is meant to speculate on this new album, but I really read your comments with this face:  :brows3: I mean... It seems that she's so comfortable in her comfort zone that I doubt she leaves it (at least during the release of this album).

Again ... I do not want to sound rude and it's not personal. Love you all.

:oop2:

Can you stop? You've been posting random things about the fuckiing song on here, instagram, and more. Just stop trying to show that you know more about it than others. It get's annoying FAST. Not to mention it's incredibly disrespectful to Lana.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

About the Untouchable 5, how would you guys feel if one or two were on LDR5? I would love Hollywood and (a faster) JFK on the album. I'm sure she's past them though.

I love the vibes of those songs, they kind of have a slow 80s vibe, which I've grown to love. I feel like those vibes would be ruined if they were included on the new album. I do have to say though that I prefer Angels Forever over Ride! However, Lana would get slammed for releasing Angels Forever since it's like another Ride song (but better)

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

I could so see this album tell a story that kind of runs the gamete of everything we're talking about, like she starts out young and in love and slowly the relationship turns toxic and maybe we get more rock vibes and it could end with a more contemplative song alla pawn shop blues

This is random, but can someone send me China.Rats address? I'm talking to Ed, and he said I could send it to him. (I think someone found it a long time ago, correct me if I'm wrong)

I hate her managers ..last time they were like''thank you for the report I will talk to china.place and tell him it's not Right'''  What ? Are you kidding me ? go  shut him down u hoe

I hate her managers ..last time they were like''thank you for the report I will talk to china.place and tell him it's not Right'''  What ? Are you kidding me ? go  shut him down u hoe

:lmao:

i think he'll care more about dua lipa-related stuffs tbh. 

such a b*tch.

giphy.gif

I have an awful feeling that maybe it's not gonna be a surf rock vibe, idk. I think strings and drums will be involved more than guitars. A lot of you want a kinda 80's influence but tbh, I think there is a 70's aesthetic coming in general, like with fashion, movies, and music. But it's just my opinion.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

More Radio friendly does not mean pop though... the snippet reminds me of early btd and paradise Lana but not in a part II kind of way. The way she sings reminds me of damn you the sound of it is rather cinematic (btd/paradise) than 'pop' though. VG and SS aren't pure pop songs yet they were radio friendly enough to become hits so can we stop with the meltdowns whenever someone wants smth more pop or radio friendly since I'm sure they mean it in a Lana way and not in a kesha way.

i76mrxw.png 

More Radio friendly does not mean pop though... the snippet reminds me of early btd and paradise Lana but not in a part II kind of way. The way she sings reminds me of damn you the sound of it is rather cinematic (btd/paradise) than 'pop' though. VG and SS aren't pure pop songs yet they were radio friendly enough to become hits so can we stop with the meltdowns whenever someone wants smth more pop or radio friendly since I'm sure they mean it in a Lana way and not in a kesha way.

I think Summertime Sadness was actually "pop-Lana"  in a way that it was a pop-ish track that still had the LDR-vibe to it. Dark Paradise and Radio have a similar "vibe".

People here are so stuck with all the unreleased and especially all the pop-ish pre-BtD stuff that they kind of get delusional when it comes to "radio friendly Lana songs".

I heard the snippet aswell (the 6second one) and I think it's pretty hard to judge how the full track will sound, but based on the snippet it has some kind of Paradise/Young & Beautiful vibe. Could be radio-friendly, could be pretty orchestral and not-interesting-for-radio-stations aswell.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Tbh I just want Lana to say something - anything about LDR5, just so we can discuss further instead of going back and forth with leaks/snippets etc.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I think Summertime Sadness was actually "pop-Lana"  in a way that it was a pop-ish track that still had the LDR-vibe to it. Dark Paradise and Radio have a similar "vibe".

People here are so stuck with all the unreleased and especially all the pop-ish pre-BtD stuff that they kind of get delusional when it comes to "radio friendly Lana songs".

I heard the snippet aswell (the 6second one) and I think it's pretty hard to judge how the full track will sound, but based on the snippet it has some kind of Paradise/Young & Beautiful vibe. Could be radio-friendly, could be pretty orchestral and not-interesting-for-radio-stations aswell.

It sounds as if it's either gonna be orchestral or cinematic tbh but yeah we can't really judge a song by its snippet. It's definitely not gonna be a ss kind of song though when the part we heard is somehow a part of the chorus. Waiting for the german radio mix to increase the hit potential of yail though.

i76mrxw.png