Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly I personally get annoyed when people around me sing along really loud at shows I go too--but I understand that an artist probably wants a "good crowd". Regardless, Lana knows by now to know what she's getting herself into when she books certain gigs: she expects rowdy American audiences and less rowdy European audiences. Both are fine and she probably enjoys at performing at a variety of venues with different types of crowds. We all know how nervous she can get, but on the flipside, we've all seen her drop it low when the crowd loses it :creep: As much as we joke that she probably hates performing and hates promo in general, she's at artist and the end of the day and loves most (if not all) her performances regardless. and i want her to promo the shit out of this era please mom do it for the coins

Love is good, but let's be real, compared to her other stuff, it's pretty basic for Lana.

I think that other songs are very basic compared to Love that get praised  to the high heavens on here.

And just one more time for ppl who still didn't get the memo:

Lana's team is watching this page. They follow reactions. Just imagine having an artist where her biggest fans are not interested in hearing her on the radio and performing on TV. Would you bother to book something for her or to push her when even her own fans are not supporting her?

I think that other songs are very basic compared to Love that get praised here to the high heavens on here.

And just one more time for ppl who still didn't get the memo:

Lana's team is watching this page. They follow reactions. Just imagine having an artist where her biggest fans are not interested in hearing her on the radio and performing on TV. Would you bother to book something for her or to push her when even her own fans are not supporting her?

Love is basic (from an artistic perspective, imo) but that's also why it's the perfect lead single. It has a clean production, relatable lyrics, and a familiar sound. It's accessible and will likely net her some commercial success. WC was my fav lead single but that's just me--and I think it's healthy to acknowledge that your fav lead single might not always be the "best" lead single for an artist. Sometimes yall demanding af

Love is basic (from an artistic perspective, imo) but that's also why it's the perfect lead single. It has a clean production, relatable lyrics, and a familiar sound. It's accessible and will likely net her some commercial success. WC was my fav lead single but that's just me--and I think it's healthy to acknowledge that your fav lead single might not always be the "best" lead single for an artist. Sometimes yall demanding af

this is not the defintion of basic if you don't consider Lana's sound as basic.

I am really on a roll tonight. I can fight you all.  :lmao:

To be honest I do think Love is basic in terms of structure and instruments, nothing too complicated going on. It's definitely a safe sound. Still a good song, but basic to me.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I said it could be basic from an artistic perspective. Radio-friendly. Accessible. Whatever you wanna call it. And that has definitely not been her sound for the past 4+ years.

@@leaked_version-version- post 2582-

If Lana's team is listening-

Lana should release MORE music, double and triple albums and do so every single year

more, more more songs officially released the more the better.

If I had a choice between promo and more studio time, more songs, then more Instagram chats to the fans then go back and record more songs

like Brian Wilson did.

and then possibly have Broadway/California productions on each album. Outsource it

and if Chuck is looking in- more photos, more covers, I love your photography, release some for sale in book stores photo books

and Lana should also do some poetry and audio books.

Remember a book tour is promo too

Remember, the Beatles and Brian Wilson didn't do much promo during their prime either (Brian let the others tour, he remained in studio)

The Beatles did it all in studio in the last couple of years they were officially together (and also released promo videos).

after initially being on tv at the very start.

Trailblazers lead, not follow what artists do.

(thanks for the opening leaked-version)

MORE SONGS MORE MUSIC

and everyone buy buy buy and stream and whatever is official.

Support it by buying it and listening to it where it counts.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I want Lana to be successful because I want her to feel appreciated.

"Intimate shows" is such a boring concept. The Endless Summer Tour and the Festival tour seemed much, much wilder and more fun that her other ~~~intimate~~~~11 tours. Our girl can headline huge festivals and sell out big venues.

She loves when her audience goes crazy. It makes her happy af.

Some of you guys... Lol.

Honestly I've been lurking these forums for a while before posting, and while devil's advocate type personalities like @@leaked_version get on my nerves irl, they can really good for online communities. I've never seen you be anything but contrarian in threads, but that just helps us talk about Lana in a more pointed fashion tbh. This wasn't a drag at all btw, just an observation

I said it could be basic from an artistic perspective. Radio-friendly. Accessible. Whatever you wanna call it. And that has definitely not been her sound for the past 4+ years.

So what was HBTB then? Ultraviolence (the song) wasn't much different in terms of approach. The album was just dead by the time it got released and the video scrapped etc.

I am sorry, but y'all are running in circles. But I can agree that Love has something very universal and appealing. But that is not basic. That is actually a sign that you have a hit in your hands if dealt with it the right way.

If Lana's team is watching this forum then I have one thing to say:

RELEASE A POP ALBUM ALA GO GO DANCER, GIRL!!! YOU HAVE THE POTENTIAL, LANA BANANA!

:creepna2: 

Spotify for me @@leaked_version

and yes, Love is universal and any radio station in the US could play it as is. They don't need a radio edit for it

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Honestly I think the biggest problem with us as a fan base is because Lana has done so many genres rock-uv and aka,trip hop-born to die/paradise and honeymoon and pop-quarter of her unreleased we expect what we want and not what Lana wants so i think we should just allow her to do what's best at this present moment in time for her

Which happens to be a more radio friendly single

Honestly I think the biggest problem with us as a fan base is because Lana has done so many genres rock-uv and aka,trip hop-born to die/paradise and honeymoon and pop-quarter of her unreleased we expect what we want and not what Lana wants so i think we should just allow her to do what's best at this present moment in time for her

Which happens to be a more radio friendly single

Exactly – It's impossible for Lana to make music that pleases everyone in the fanbase because she has such a wide variety of styles ... and fans who prefer the one style over the other one – so there will always be some people left disappointed when Lana releases new stuff. I'm more into dark/non-Pop Lana, but I really like "Love" as well and am looking forward to what Lana has in store for us with the new album.

'LOVE' Charts Update:

France: #12

UK: #41

Australia: #41

Germany: #89

Italy: #53

Ireland: #56

Switzerland: #31

Scotland: #16

Sweden: #56

Not that bad, all higher than HBTB. As we've all realized the single could do quite well both in the US and in Europe if Lana and her team work well this time around !

giphy.gif

'LOVE' Charts Update:

Scotland: #16

Not that bad, all higher than HBTB. As we've all realized the single could do quite well both in the US and in Europe if Lana and her team work well this time around !

this has literally just been me streaming the track on spotify on repeat