Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

...I... I don't know what this emoticon means in this context. THIS IS THE VAGUEST EMOTICON EVER :defeated:

I agree with you on breaking gender roles?

...or I am your litter.

Same difference?

:creep: :creep: :creep:

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Guest Maru the Cat

Why doesn't the media go after Taylor Swift and Kelly Clarkson?

Taylor Swift

Next, Setoodeh asks: "Do you consider yourself a feminist?"

Taylor Swift replies:

I don't really think about things as guys versus girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Kelly Clarkson

Kelly added: “I can’t support Romney’s policies as I have a lot of gay friends and I don’t think it’s fair they can’t get married. I’m not a hardcore feminist but we can’t be going back to the '50s.”

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Really, I don't think a woman in the media (or elsewhere) has to self-identify as a feminist to come under fire from all sides. All she has to do is be an individual. (And maybe that's true for men too, who dare to break with convention.)

It's one thing to not be particularly interested in feminist issues. It's another to think painting yourself as a "moderate" is going to keep you in everyone's good graces. SMH (at my younger self, as much as at anyone else)

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I hope she gives some promo interviews soon, I want to hear her talk about the songs on this album and not just her controversy/"Video Games"/SNL/performing. Particularly want to know her take on "Cola"--I can kind of imagine her getting sly and never performing it or mentioning it, but just allowing it to be on the album.

I love all the snippets and oh god how much I got love for Ride and Body Electric, can't wait to get my physical copy! I don't know if it's just me but by what I've heard, the Paradise tracks seem to have a darker sound than BTD tracks?

And I really didn't see that "looking to get fucked hard" coming in G&M, I don't know why but it just isn't what I was expecting. I still like the snippets of the song and it's one of those tracks I look forward to listening in full though.

It's true that Lana could have done better and some of these new lyrics are kinda lazy. But then again, she was touring while writing these songs and maybe she just didn't have enough time or something?

I don't know but like I said, so far I really like these tracks and I'm so excited!

No, I wrote to Universal and they said that's the day it's being released as a digital download, not as a CD. But Amazon says it will be released digitally on November 2.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Well I really don't get what it's saying since I don't know german. Oh well, I just guess that what's saying where it says something about nov. 9th.

No it said that the physical single will be released on november 9th but the digital single will be release on november 2th in germany :)

6139385_orig.png

No it said that the physical single will be released on november 9th but the digital single will be release on november 2th in germany :)

The article doesn't say anything about "physical", "digital" or November 2. I asked Universal and they responded that that's the release date for the digital download.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.