Sign in to follow this  
Veinsineon

Speculation: Piano Theme, Morricone, & I Talk To Jesus

I agree with @Peroxide. Some people confuse early mix with demo. “So Good” aka Summer Bummer “demo” to me, is an early mix

well that's true but i don't think the majority of lb/the fan base separates early mixes from demos as i've even seen methamphetamines being called a demo before  

well that being said i still don't think it's that likely that lana does a whole album without ending up with at least some early versions of songs that are different from the final cut on the album, except u actually release them right after u've finished the songs (coachella and change tea).

i76mrxw.png 

well that's true but i don't think the majority of lb/the fan base separates early mixes from demos as i've even seen methamphetamines being called a demo before 

From my understanding mixing is having all the ingredients already and then messing around with mixer and Methamphetamines is a laptop demo with a different vocal take ~different ingredients so to speak~ so why is it not a demo then? It's a completely different thing

I'd consider West Coast Radio Mix a demo and all the other WC versions are different mixes I guess?

I'm confused

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Trans-Am deniers are the worst! Was clearly early version of the album after Paradise including songs like Hollywood and Guns and Roses you won't convince me otherwise.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Trans-Am deniers are the worst! Was clearly early version of the album after Paradise including songs like Hollywood and Guns and Roses you won't convince me otherwise.

Starry Eyed

Black Beauty

Hollywood

Angels Forever

JFK

Trans-Am

that honestly works well together tbh so I wouldn't doubt that it's a real song  :flutter:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

She really should release an album of her unreleased stuff from each era, plus a couple of leaked (and maybe remastered?) songs. And call it Best American Record. 

All I know, though, is that the two snippets of The Good Life made me thirsty for that song!!! I know it's not a UV outtake, but fuck, that song is right there sonically. 

I'd consider West Coast Radio Mix a demo and all the other WC versions are different mixes I guess?

I'm confused

TBH I renamed it "West Coast – Alt. Version" because both the album version and the radio mix of West Coast are finished songs. :toofunny:

To me, a demo is always something that's still in a somewhat rough state. Like, not necessarily a laptop demo, but something that you listen to and you think, yeah that's clearly not a finished song yet (production, mixing etc.)

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

TBH I renamed it "West Coast – Alt. Version" because both the album version and the radio mix of West Coast are finished songs. :toofunny:

To me, a demo is always something that's still in a somewhat rough state. Like, not necessarily a laptop demo, but something that you listen to and you think, yeah that's clearly not a finished song yet (production, mixing etc.)

Change Your Mind by Kylie came to mind while reading this. It's coherent, but clearly missing something

negAbhB.png

I guess we all have our own opinions on what demos are

As long as no one calls everything that isn't the final a demo, because that means an acapella is an alt demo, an alt mix is a demo, etc. Which would mean West Coast has 3 demos considering the slighty different mixes  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Well it's an alternate version for sure but many people previously said they believe WC Radio Mix to be the first version from the original UV before Dan came into the picture so that's what I also assume. Could be wrong

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Well it's an alternate version for sure but many people previously said they believe WC Radio Mix to be the first version from the original UV before Dan came into the picture so that's what I also assume. Could be wrong

I agree, that's what I think too. My point is that before anyone knew that Lana would end up reworking the whole album with Dan, this was the finished version of West Coast that was supposed to be on the album, and I refuse to call a produced, mixed and overall finished song a demo (at least in my iTunes library). 

TBH I still don't get why they ended up calling it a "radio mix" in the first place. It's not like they took the (final) album version, tweaked the production a bit to make it more GP-friendly and called it a day. It's a completely different version of the song, with different vocals and a different production, so why would you call it a radio mix? The updated versions of Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise that you heard on the radio, where the songs just god some extra production and some extra "oomph", those are radio mixes, but not the West Coast one. Oh well. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I literally can’t quote but @khris, you still believing that Eclipse has any more full unheard Lana songs is why you are nominated for Most Gullible, my dear.

I asked about a recording date though

Didn't say anything about him having it

I mean no one else knew when BP was recorded so who else was I supposed to ask?

Also can we please stop calling Beautiful People and The Good Life Ultraviolence outtakes when (going by the date) they’re confirmed not to be... An album outtake would be a song that was recorded during the album’s creation but then discarded not recorded a month after the entire album was actually released. Lines are being sooo blurred in this fandom of what is what.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I asked about a recording date though

Didn't say anything about him having it

I mean no one else knew when BP was recorded so who else was I supposed to ask?

Well I mean, he knew the date for BP and TGL since he got it from the Tyrannosaurus blog guy or whatever. But we don’t know anything about Wild One other than it was just registered at the same time as BP

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

There's this interview where she spoke about those five Rick Nowels tracks that leaked, where she said some were intended for the album

However, Del Rey also revealed that some of the leaked songs don’t date from this early period of her career. “Well some of them were, but some of them, like ‘Black Beauty’, weren’t…” she said. 

Explaining that the leaks could affect her new album’s tracklisting, Del Rey admitted: “I do feel discouraged, yeah. I don’t really know what to put on the record. But I guess I could just put them on and see what happens. Each time I write… I’ll never write a song if I don’t think it’s going to be perfect for the record."

Del Rey also said that she was working on the album “until my record got leaked last week, ’cause my life is like completely invaded. But yeah, I’m writing songs that I really like right now. They’re really low-key and stripped back, all sort of West Coast inspired.”

Source: https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-55-1220313

I'm convinced she was talking about Hollywood, AFFA, and of course Black Beauty. #TransAm

image.png

I don't believe BP was meant for Big Eyes, it's just very sad and personal...

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: